Prayer request.

vtfireman85

Our reverend retired this past year, and has since been diagnosed with stage 4 cancer, if he knew it, he didn’t say anything and had been slated to retire for years. He has now entered hospice care, while he has no hope of any type of recovery, I cannot help but feel unsettled about the whole thing, the man spent a lifetime enduring his own personal struggles, the death of a child, divorce, etc, all the while never wavering in his commitment to helping others or in his faith… 

anyway, i  praying for his comfort and for his family, if so inclined, please join me. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

Just now, vtfireman85 said:

Our reverend retired this past year, and has since been diagnosed with stage 4 cancer, if he knew it, he didn’t say anything and had been slated to retire for years. He has now entered hospice care, while he has no hope of any type of recovery, I cannot help but feel unsettled about the whole thing, the man spent a lifetime enduring his own personal struggles, the death of a child, divorce, etc, all the while never wavering in his commitment to helping others or in his faith… 

anyway, i  praying for his comfort and for his family, if so inclined, please join me. 

Prayers.

It’s sad how some people have had to live their faith through trials and tribulations and others can be an ahole their whole life conniving people out of their last penny…vultures of society ?

Prayers to you and your Reverend. Take solace when He walks through those Pearly Gates all of Heaven will rejoice as The Lord says “Well done good and faithful servant “ 

???

• Thanks 2

Prayers.

Our pastor passed away earlier this year from a rare type of cancer that showed up in his leg.  He didn't go 6 months after the cancer showed.  He was in his early 50s and a great servant to the Lord. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

Prayers for the man and his family.

Evidently the Lord felt he needed to come home. We don’t always understand that need.  There will soon be no pain and things for him should be WAY better than we can imagine. 

• Thanks 2

The Lord really depends on some people to show us the way.

It sounds like your reversed is one of His chosen ones.

May he find peace and comfort at the end of his long and faith filled journey.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

all the while never wavering in his commitment to helping others or in his faith… 

A life well-lived. 

May the care and comfort he has provided to others surround him and his family.

• Thanks 1

Some of you may read The Upper Room, I read today’s reading after reading through this thread. As usual the reading applies to something in my life. I thought I’d share it.F73FDC26-9653-406F-A0FB-1003B38E6CD0.thumb.jpeg.112147bc38bc54b61b270e0ff45ec1db.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thoughts and prayers for the reverend and all those he knows ,

• Thanks 1

Prayers sent Seth.

We lost our Pastor this past winter. Mid 50's in  November they noticed the issue and in March he was gone. A great pastor and really cared about the community. Our church really misses him.