No thanks,

lorenzo

Crazy hot.  It was only 50 degrees here this morning.  Unseasonably cool here.

• Like 2

My brother in law and his family are moving there from Alaska in a couple weeks… big change in a lot of ways for sure and weather is only one of them….

• Like 3

Well, mama always used to say, "life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get"?

Now we do, in this heat you get bosco!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lorenzo said:

I wouldn’t live here for nothing. 

D8A9E05D-F938-4BBB-84BE-2A052D358FFF.thumb.jpeg.c697564559c9f56d8852cd13c7aaa41a.jpeg

I guess some of us don't know any better. I'd rather have the heat than the humidity and tornadoes.

To each his own.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

And people who have not experienced both types of hot don't understand the dry thing. Now don't get me wrong, 100 plus degrees is hot! But 95 in Iowa with humidity feels a WHOLE lot worse than 105 in NW Texas did. Either way, you lay your wrenches under the pickup tailgate not on it! I have lived in both, and I will take the dry heat every time.

• Like 9

ive been at teh lake on vacation this week, its been stupid hot here too, been inside more than out - i dont do well in the heat so wait till after dinner to take kids out tubing 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, arizonian said:

I guess some of us don't know any better. I'd rather have the heat than the humidity and tornadoes.

To each his own.

If we could get shipping rights Id move to AZ tomorrow.  There are tons of ties to Phoenix are from my town.  Snow vird and colleges etc.  Many families etc have few there few here.  Rarely over $100 to fly from here to there.  I get it...now is hotttt.  But 60 in Feb... count me in.  That area has alot of stuff to do etc as well. 

Friends whom have snow bird parents, for spring training, say its opposite.  You have nice outside wedding, reunion, bbq etc oct to april.  You stay in May to Sept.  Exactly opposite of here.  Seems logical 

No insulated anythings, dry, no mud, people seem happier, just seems like be easier to farm   IF you have water

• Like 2

Fresno ,Ca. is as hot as I want !  WE usually run about 30-50 days above 100 during year evenings cool down nicely.

Its a irrigated desert at least there is green and trees here.  My Daughter lives in Henderson NV.  I keep asking Her why she wants to live in the gate of **** with the devil as mayor. I don't care if you have a million dollar house and swimming pool , its still a **** hole !

Since we bought the motor home , if we did not have to go through NV, AZ, NM to go anywhere east it would be great . If I never had to see those states or go over the Grapevine into L.A / again in my lifetime it would still be too soon.

Talk about having to take Anti depressants living in God forsaken brown desert with year round hot sun!  IMHO, Having said that we are going through Nevada, NM , next week headed for Du Quoin, I must really like RPRU's

I sometimes consider selling it all here and find a couple acres with large enough shop for my toys anywhere on central coast from Paso Robles to Arroyo Grande.CA.  I love overcast , Fog, and few days of sun . lol.

Tony 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, arizonian said:

To each his own.

It's all what you acclimate to.

When I lived in Eastern Nebraska humidity was normal.

Now when I go back, as soon as I step out of the pickup, instant drenched in sweat?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tonyinca said:

anywhere on central coast from Paso Robles to Arroyo Grande.CA.

Beautiful area there I know someone who retried a little north of there in Half Moon Bay  

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Dasnake said:

When my gurl got married in 07, it was 116, then off to red rock canyon for the service,  temp unknown.

When I got married in 1990, it was -30 below.

I always said, "It will be a cold day in he!! when I get married!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Good friend of mine is an anesthesiologist. He worked at the University of Nebraska Omaha med center.  AKA, UNMC .

Took a big higher paying job in Phoenix about Sven years ago . 

First thing he said was “ I hate it here, got my first electric bill ,  $469.000 a month . He moved back a year later. 

• Like 2

76 relative humidity here after a light sprinkle this morning 92 degrees now. I am sopping wet out here trying to get the project ac figured out.

It is Missouri about the time I acclimated to it , change is in the works

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Diesel Doctor said:

When I got married in 1990, it was -30 below.

I always said, "It will be a cold day in he!! when I get married!"

Wow, obviously you were inside between you and us there has to be a happy medium, 120 over sure wasn’t it.

• Like 1