The most unprofessional painfully pizz-poor news show I have ever seen.

vtfireman85

Ok, I like public television, yes it is screaming liberal, but pbs usually has some interesting stuff that doesn’t rot my brain. Nova for instance has some really fascinating episodes, the list goes on, but I caught this program tonight and was blow away. Disregard the content, the point here is the total lack of professionalism, the main anchor is acting like he has a severe case of hemorrhoids, or has splinters in his rear or something. Note the home office shown in the June 18th video… just wild that this garbage makes the television set. 
https://www.vermontpbs.org/vtw/

21 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

Ok, I like public television, yes it is screaming liberal, but pbs usually has some interesting stuff that doesn’t rot my brain. Nova for instance has some really fascinating episodes, the list goes on, but I caught this program tonight and was blow away. Disregard the content, the point here is the total lack of professionalism, the main anchor is acting like he has a severe case of hemorrhoids, or has splinters in his rear or something. Note the home office shown in the June 18th video… just wild that this garbage makes the television set. 
https://www.vermontpbs.org/vtw/

so as I have been told by many that we take offense to something that is inappropriate, unethical, distasteful, rude, corrupt, take your pick, you do not have to watch it if you are offended. You do not have to support our THING if you do not want to. You do not have to look at us blah blah so I dont. I just pray for things as I have no control over them and turn off my tv. I am the odd man out I guess.

1 hour ago, searcyfarms said:

so as I have been told by many that we take offense to something that is inappropriate, unethical, distasteful, rude, corrupt, take your pick, you do not have to watch it if you are offended. You do not have to support our THING if you do not want to. You do not have to look at us blah blah so I dont. I just pray for things as I have no control over them and turn off my tv. I am the odd man out I guess.

It is not the content i am offended by, its the professionalism, we were watching something else and this came on, i got drawn in and couldn’t shut it off. Personal feelings aside its a poor image for public television. 

10 hours ago, searcyfarms said:

I never thot public tv had a great image but maybe some are diff

SD is the Lib/Left.

I think it is nation wide?

55 minutes ago, Diesel Doctor said:

SD is the Lib/Left.

I think it is nation wide?

Yes it leans left nationwide, content is not the point. 

Public Radio, soon after its inception, started reporting only the news they agreed with.  I watched and supported KQED in San Francisco, until it gradually became all left all the time.  BUT the SF news papers were like that way back in the early 60's.  I always hoped that Public Radio would be unbiased but not so! Therefor they will currently put anything on the air that supports their agenda. Today they  are left of CNN.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

Yes it leans left nationwide, content is not the point. 

You are concerned with professionalism ? Kind of like expecting church in a brothel ? 

• Haha 1

Im sure public television wouldnt be ashamed to take another slug of your tax dollars to improve their appearance.......although you and I both know like any government agency youll end up with a substandard end product regardless.  

• Like 1

The thing about public tv and public radio I do like is they have local programming that is not available on other over-the-air networks.  Iowa Public TV has some great programs about Iowa, Iowa History, or events.   IPTV does a decent job of not being off the rails liberal (knowing that the legislature and governor are conservatives and not to piss off the funders of the network).  

• Like 1