Farmall 400

Good for your dad. Probably one of the few people myself that thinks a all red 400 with emblems shiny looks better than a 450. Dave

• Like 2

I like that. Glad to hear he is enjoying doing things like that as he ages . I would love to have a 450 lpg for my lineup

1 minute ago, Jeff-C-IL said:

SO Im curious, how do they get the steering shaft around the LP tank?

Through it. They have a seal at each end .... ;)

Tube welded in it that the shaft clears 

6 hours ago, bitty said:

Through it. They have a seal at each end .... ;)

Tube welded in it that the shaft clears 

i concur, that is how ours was made that i grew up on, it goes straight thru the tank - comes out and there is the pedestal that holds up the tank and then if there is power steering ours had a char lynn motor mounted to that bracket - we ran ours on vapor 90% of the time unless plowing or pulling hard

15 hours ago, bitty said:

I like that. Glad to hear he is enjoying doing things like that as he ages . I would love to have a 450 lpg for my lineup

I went to an auction 35-40 years ago, only 2 tractors, an H that was nothing special, and a 450 LPG that had new paint in the last 10 years and decent tires.  BOTH brought $250.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, DOCTOR EVIL said:

I went to an auction 35-40 years ago, only 2 tractors, an H that was nothing special, and a 450 LPG that had new paint in the last 10 years and decent tires.  BOTH brought $250.

yep, those old tractors you could not give away. was the same here.  in the 1970's neighbor had an auction. had a w6 and a super w6. the w6 went 250.00 and the super went around the 500 mark. i wanted the old w6 as i used to drive it for him picking rocks. nothing wrong with the tractors either. also watched them drive away after. saw many sales where these tractors were only in the couple hundred dollar range, in the 1970's.i was still in school so had no money to buy them.