Jump to content

Tractor


planejeff
 Share

Recommended Posts

What is your best reason to get a "new to you" tractor?

It was cheap? Price is right? My other tractor was lonely? I had the need for more power? I always wanted one? A family member had one while I was growing up? There was an open spot in the shed? I was needing that one to complete my collection? I didn't have one of that color scheme? It was made in my favorite decade? Which is better hooking up an implement or just driving a different tractor! Tractor's are highly collectible and I'm going to sell it to make a lot more money one day?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, planejeff said:

What is your best reason to get a "new to you" tractor?

All of em.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wanted one as long as I can remember and needed something bigger than the Cub

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In the words of a super-annoying pop song: "I see it. I like it. I want it. I got it".

Don't look up the song or watch the song. You'll hate yourself, and probably hate me for introducing you to it.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There was an empty spot in the shed is the only one that doesn't apply for me! For now anyway. New shed is supposed to go up in October...... I always try to stay ahead of the curve on this.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I use, “the little guy likes it” and “he wants a plow day tractor”. Still waiting to see if it worked. Tractor hasn’t come along yet either, just prepping the wife. Depends on the machine. The next one I get a chance to purchase may be my Grandfather’s so that is all the reason she needs (and when we got married over 9 years ago I had a verbal disclaimer beforehand that stated I would be buying that when it came available and I haven’t let her forget it) ?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Because it meets a need not easily met by the current tractor.

My old Farmer Buddy, collected every cheap riding lawn mower he could find, I consider him to be a sort of a junk collector.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

I use, “the little guy likes it” and “he wants a plow day tractor”. Still waiting to see if it worked. Tractor hasn’t come along yet either, just prepping the wife. Depends on the machine. The next one I get a chance to purchase may be my Grandfather’s so that is all the reason she needs (and when we got married over 9 years ago I had a verbal disclaimer beforehand that stated I would be buying that when it came available and I haven’t let her forget it) ?

I know you've been patiently waiting for it. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bought another welder a couple of weeks ago. Wife asks how many do we own now. I said almost enough.

  • Haha 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Missouri Mule said:

I know you've been patiently waiting for it. 

It’s “the” special tractor for me family wise. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Had the bright idea to buy used/abused Farmalls to resell.

I was in heaven.

Fun to buy, fun to fix up but that`s where the fun ended.

Had 13 at one time.

I have never dealt with a more miserable/cheap/nit picking lying group of people than tractor buyers that I dealt with.

People ask me to find them one.

Nope, I`m done in that bizzness.

I still have a few around and each one has it`s purpose.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, MTO said:

Had the bright idea to buy used/abused Farmalls to resell.

I was in heaven.

Fun to buy, fun to fix up but that`s where the fun ended.

Had 13 at one time.

I have never dealt with a more miserable/cheap/nit picking lying group of people than tractor buyers that I dealt with.

People ask me to find them one.

Nope, I`m done in that bizzness.

I still have a few around and each one has it`s purpose.  

Sniff.....sniff.....

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Finney said:

Bought another welder a couple of weeks ago. Wife asks how many do we own now. I said almost enough.

Lol

buddy of mine has a few welding machines, tools, and such.  His wife was asking about it one day, his reply was something along the lines of they pay the rent, the mortgage, and the grocery bill so there can never be to many 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I only want a few more .....

There is one more I want currently 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don’t especially have to have another tractor but it sure would be nice to have a 656D Hydro! Why? Because I read about them all the time on RPF and I want to experience raking hay with one! 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, MTO said:

I have never dealt with a more miserable/cheap/nit picking lying group of people than tractor buyers that I dealt with.

Worse than me?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...