4,000,000 miles on this KW

lorenzo

6 hours ago, sandhiller said:

Thought about it and am going to chalk it off to a misunderstanding of the written word on the internet.

75% was an obvious exaggeration and talking about gathering those people from across the country, not just Nebraska.

I live in a damn good part of this great country and the people are hard working first to help out kind of folks.

We have a few that don't attempt to pull there weight but it is very few.

It is hard to live among good people and not pick up their traits.

I feel truly blessed to be able to live where I do.

Good. Glad it was miscommunication. I've spent some time up there and thought it seemed like pretty decent people up there. The reference was made that you couldn't find a Caucasian man or young man to work like that. I take offense to that. While their are certainly some worthless people everywhere I have seen you post about your kids and looks like they turned out good. As well as many other here. Work my ass off every day and don't like being lumped in a group because supposedly all whites are now lazy and do nothing but complain. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mike newman said:

.......maybe the good folk in Nebraska   are pleased  you don't live there ???

Mike

Could very well be. Being I'm a complaining Caucasian I guess. 

There are good young folks out there in the USA.  I hire a few college students to operate balers for me in the fall.  So far all of them have been good people to work with.

I’m wondering how long the current owner has had that 4 million mile COE?

There are good people everywhere. There are what I consider great life stories everywhere. Sometimes the trick is to understand them from the tellers perspective. How and why did they come to live this way. What formed the way they think.

What drew them to RPF ? One of the great benefits of staying active on here is seeing how things are done from places I will probably never see.

• Like 1

There are a lot of people that think this is a good story and yes indeed it is. And others saying it might upset others that someone was operating equip like that here. So maybe we should all look at it this way. Who are we to criticize anothers likes and dislikes. Considering the age of tractors we all seem too like, thats probably the prime  reason for this site eh! CAUSE WE ALL SEEMINGLY LIKE OLDER RED TRACTORS. At least thats why I got the old 1086 I got, cause I like it better than all the newfangled crap with 900 bells & stupid whistles. And I really don't like the looks of the newer stuff either.

Yeah I may be old but it beats the alternative. You get born, you're young, you're old, you die. Life's story !  Only drawback is the older you get, the more often that check engine light comes on, and the longer it takes to run it off.....

• Like 6

On 6/17/2021 at 8:49 PM, lorenzo said:

Your very close .

cabo has some pretty good scuba spots ive heard 

good for the hard worker with his truck, hope it stays together for him, sounds like its in need of repairs 

mixed bag of loafers and workers around everywhere - cant blame it all on the people, we have allowed it.  i get it @lorenzo and @1466fan so many stories of reaping what we sow, ive experienced it from my own poor choices/decisions and results.

We are living out what is clearly defined in the bible and things will continue to deteriorate as time goes on until HE returns. If some of you do not believe in the bible you might want to check it out. Its also clear that the USA is NOT a significant country of power or influence in the end. No where even mentioned in the End. The slippery slope you refer to @lorenzo is just part of the plan. 

It makes me sad to watch such a wonderful place, wonderful people, wonderful blessings being squandered. We wonder why we have fallen from Grace. 

It causes many of us fear, anxiety, frustration, and loss of hope. I struggle with all of them and I already know who wins in the end. I try to be a light but some days its awful hard. I promise to go out swinging though. I love people too much to have them experience **** for eternity. 

• Like 4

Well that's neat you stopped and visited with him you probably made his day cuz I know some Hispanic guys that are just mind-numbingly hard workers and wouldn't even stop chat with you probably and yeah it wouldn't surprise me if he lives in that truck.

If you ever get the opportunity to go to Mexico find a truck stop and look at the trucks that are on the road it'll make you understand why this one stood out enough for Lorenzo to talk to the fella.  Scary is an understatement of some of the things I have seen and I'm just a tourist type

• Like 2

On 6/17/2021 at 9:40 PM, lorenzo said:

Plus the fact that he was by lingual is another thing.  Americans expect the whole world to speak English , my Spanish isn’t perfect but I’m almost there. This country is the only place on earth where the majority of the population isn’t at least by lingual. 

O well , just another one of the many things we’re letting slip through our fingers. 

There are many that I wouldn't call lingual, never mind bilingual. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/17/2021 at 7:38 PM, arizonian said:

Not to be nitpicking, I don't think the driver or the rig is stateside. Maybe La Paz  or Los Mochis or San Felipe?

Had to go back in my log book for the spelling but I met him in Pichilingue , north of La-Paz in the Baja Peninsula. 

We were there for a few days because of recent Orca sightings in the Sea of Cortez . They eluded us but we were lucky enough to see Hump backs, white tips , pods of three to four hundred dolphin, bait balls, Hammer heads and manta rays. 
The Bull sharks were reported in Cabo Pulmo about three hours further south so we spent some time there as well. 

Full grown adult Bull sharks were a huge thrill let me tell ya .   We will be returning there for sure to see these guys again . 

8ABE7FCA-6857-480C-B9E7-FF2136843532.thumb.jpeg.fd2aab5d7290094ebe7992100cc749ef.jpeg

044BBDC1-9301-4948-8C55-652954EEB659.thumb.jpeg.23677d57d23fb475f5819c1705f02630.jpeg

301CF1D7-040E-40E7-BA90-BB2B88C54FAA.thumb.jpeg.c142e77a0deec0b015485e417c289584.jpeg

3B1CE34A-D047-4EB7-8DF6-39A35B7DBDD3.thumb.jpeg.ea0c5011c62cfd5144a22158758a27fe.jpeg

B993D7A5-A951-4E68-977F-E8FF28A5F2AD.thumb.jpeg.99bcd800d7b3d306c72e1842d307363e.jpeg

7187B056-AE14-4CD9-BDB9-D68A3CFDFB21.thumb.jpeg.3b355093635bd660bab9b5130afbce30.jpeg

• Like 6

I went to Earth and looked around.  What a gem of a area.  Bet the locals are decent and the accommodations cheap there.  Some beautiful photos are posted from the area

• Haha 1