4,000,000 miles on this KW

lorenzo

Pretty well beat down and cobbled together , bald tires, broken off lug bolts on the steer axel, welds next to welds all over it but still someone’s pride and joy. Owner of this truck was just as excited to talk about it as if he had just bought it brand new.  Amazing how things play out in differant parts of the world. 

77D81E03-10CA-486F-B43F-A60F3BD0E2A0.thumb.jpeg.353b7d5f105ffd1643c57131cc981537.jpeg

EB6254FF-8C29-4C87-A553-EBA0C6DAD073.thumb.jpeg.be480d381944007c8fe579e0b308fc82.jpeg

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, rustred said:

neat! least he always will have a place to sleep, unless the bed is wore out too! 

Pretty sure he is living in it .   I see him pull out every morning at slightly after 5 AM. Today was the first time I cought up with him , he is leaving late today,

26 minutes ago, jass1660 said:

Lot lizard with a mattress on her back? An owner operator....

Basically a 65+ year old man, proud of his only possession , willing to work 24 hours a day if nessasary, not sitting at home waiting for a hand out, not on welfare, not begging out in front of Walmart, not selling meth, not robbing banks and gas stations, not scamming little old lady’s out of their life savings ,  etc....etc.... etc....  

unlike some Americans I see that are just a bunch of derelict scum bags sitting at home cashing uncle sleepy checks ,      ( “ waiting for a better job to come around” ) and can’t wait to vote that white collar criminal right back for another term. 

America has turned a corner and is on a slippery slope with a grim future. 

Show me ONE Caucasian white guy that can work and keep up with the owner of that KW and not complain about it and be proud of it!!!!!  

Ya right , 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

Basically a 65+ year old man, proud of his only possession , willing to work 24 hours a day if nessasary, not sitting at home waiting for a hand out, not on welfare, not begging out in front of Walmart, not selling meth, not robbing banks and gas stations, not scamming little old lady’s out of their life savings ,  etc....etc.... etc....  

unlike some Americans I see that are just a bunch of derelict scum bags sitting at home cashing uncle sleepy checks ,      ( “ waiting for a better job to come around” ) and can’t wait to vote that white collar criminal right back for another term. 

Show me ONE Caucasian white guy that can work and keep up with the owner of that KW and not complain about it and be proud of it!!!!!  

Ya right , 

I wasn’t referring to the owner or the truck.....

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

Ya right , 

You nailed it Lorenzo, spot on with the majority of what ails America. We've turned into a welfare society all waiting for handouts or special favors at anothers expense. 

Remember - govt. has zero assets of their own. They merely have control of assets we the people allow them to use. Before they can give YOU anything, first they must take it from YOU.

• Like 8

Lol. If a white kid was trying to get started in that you all would be saying dot needs to get that pos off the road. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, lorenzo said:

Amen to that. Changing back to American values is one person, one day at a time. Honest work is what built this country.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, lorenzo said:

Ya right , 

Come on down. I'll show you several. Every generation has its worthless people. This one's no different. I raised my kids right and none of them are afraid to work. Get tired of hearing how they're all worthless. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, 1466fan said:

Lol. If a white kid was trying to get started in that you all would be saying dot needs to get that pos off the road. 

Not to be nitpicking, I don't think the driver or the rig is stateside. Maybe La Paz  or Los Mochis or San Felipe?

• Like 2

If I ran across that ol' boy and his KW, I would compliment him on it and let him tell me a little about it. 

It is obvious it means the world to him by how clean it appears. 

I would rather take time out of my day to spend with him than probably 75% of the people living here and taking advantage of this great country today. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

If I ran across that ol' boy and his KW, I would compliment him on it and let him tell me a little about it. 

I would rather take time out of my day to spend with him than probably 75% of the people living here and taking advantage of this great country today. 

That’s exactly what I did . I listened to a lot of great stories. Not too good English but good enough. Your spot on about the losers taking advantage of this country. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

I listened to a lot of great stories

Probably is a story for every weld and broken part she has ever had. Where she left him stranded or the times she saved the day

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

I'm glad I don't live in Nebraska. There's some idiots around here but people aren't all that bad. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

Plus the fact that he was by lingual is another thing.  Americans expect the whole world to speak English , my Spanish isn’t perfect but I’m almost there. This country is the only place on earth where the majority of the population isn’t at least by lingual. 

O well , just another one of the many things we’re letting slip through our fingers. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, arizonian said:

Not to be nitpicking, I don't think the driver or the rig is stateside. Maybe La Paz  or Los Mochis or San Felipe?

Oh I know that. Just saying everybody thinks it's a good story. And it is. But alot of those same people wouldn't be pleased if somebody here was using the same equipment. 

• Like 1

Years ago I sold a 1979 KW Coe,  400 Cummins, 13 speed Fuller on air ride to Mexico.  It was a darn good truck but Conventials were the the truck to have.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, arizonian said:

Your very close .

8 minutes ago, bigequip said:

Years ago I sold a 1979 KW Coe,  400 Cummins, 13 speed Fuller on air ride to Mexico.  It was a darn good truck but Conventials were the the truck to have.

They still are . I certainly wouldn’t want to go coast to coast in mine but for what I do it’s perfect, I enjoy it. I wanted one truck as short as possible, light as possible , and the lightest trailer on the market . I load that rig so full the tarp is laying on the grain. 

We have four Conventional’s , three automatics and one 13 speed. One triple axel Wilson , one tandem Cornhusker ultra lite and two Timpte super hoppers . The best thing about the Automatics is you can just about put anybody in one and send em home from the field. 

3 hours ago, 1466fan said:

I'm glad I don't live in Nebraska. There's some idiots around here but people aren't all that bad. 

.......maybe the good folk in Nebraska   are pleased  you don't live there ???

Mike

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lorenzo said:

Your very close .

I don't consider it cheating, I did look up BajaFerries. I just couldn't come up with the exact location they were leaving from the mainland. Are there multiple ports they operate out of? 

My brother dived (dove?) quite a bit out of Guaymas. I wanted to go with him but my problem is my right ear will not drain and caused the right side of my face to go numb for about 30 minutes. The first training dive was my last dive.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, mike newman said:

.......maybe the good folk in Nebraska   are pleased  you don't live there ???

Mike

Thought about it and am going to chalk it off to a misunderstanding of the written word on the internet.

75% was an obvious exaggeration and talking about gathering those people from across the country, not just Nebraska.

I live in a damn good part of this great country and the people are hard working first to help out kind of folks.

We have a few that don't attempt to pull there weight but it is very few.

It is hard to live among good people and not pick up their traits.

I feel truly blessed to be able to live where I do.

• Like 5