This One Might Stump You Guys - Firetruck Part Needed

KWRB

As I posted on here about a year ago, I am the proud owner of a fire truck purchased new by my department when I was little. It was my favorite then, and now I own it.

I'd like to start making a few of the small cosmetic fixes it needs. One of the things sticking in my craw is that one of the discharge pressure gauges has been replaced at some point. It was replaced with an aftermarket one that doesn't match the others. I want to change it back.

The truck was manufactured by 3-D Manufacturing, out of Shawano, WI in 1990. 3-D was purchased by American Lafrance in 1999. I'm told there were very few of them around Central NY. I'm looking for a boneyard of used parts seller that might be able to get their hands on an original pressure gauge with the 3-D logo on it for restoring the truck to new. I'm thinking I might have better luck with someplace in the midwest.

The replaced gauge isn't in the picture; it's off to the right of the compound gauge, but matches the smaller ones shown here.

KIMG0870.thumb.JPG.5b6c836e698fef87dd9e40ab0543fbd7.JPG

Thoughts?

(I'm also looking for a source that can rebuilt the gauges with bad seals, but I don't think that'll be as difficult to find as that original gauge will be to find)

• Like 1

ashcroft gauges are still in business they might be able to help with identification of the gauges/logos and if other trucks were made with those logos/styles and which companies purchased them 

Just now, searcyfarms said:

ashcroft gauges are still in business they might be able to help with identification of the gauges/logos and if other trucks were made with those logos/styles and which companies purchased them 

That's a great point. And since 3-D and its successor are both defunct, I wonder if they have the tooling to remake them. I might get a whole set. I probably won't get that lucky, but I can try!

i heaved the control panel from an E-one in the scrap heap a couple years back, no idea what the gauge face says.. if you want it or anything else from it you are welcome to it. I will look when i get hack, in CT at the moment. 

1 hour ago, vtfireman85 said:

i heaved the control panel from an E-one in the scrap heap a couple years back, no idea what the gauge face says.. if you want it or anything else from it you are welcome to it. I will look when i get hack, in CT at the moment. 

Since you asked about the pump panel, no I don't need any other pump panel stuff. For the interest of anyone reading, here's what's missing, that I'm going to hunt down.

This Weldon Lens is melted in the center

KIMG1721.thumb.JPG.617c0fbcde0ab093b2707007c1054c66.JPG

This side of the engine held a portatank originally, then was refitted to carry an additional ladder, I need hardware to hold a portatank. I also am looking for a cheap used portatank.

KIMG1717.thumb.JPG.52b5e165f59da8b9d8044da2b80a0d5f.JPG

Need a replacement for this marker light. I have the pn in my documentation, but can't get it at the moment

KIMG1720.thumb.JPG.aa3ea017282e013fcbcf484a6be1662f.JPG

KIMG1718.thumb.JPG.32ba6ec70c5159fee717f04cace2a348.JPG

And then just some small tools, needed to hang on the truck

Small Akron spanners

KIMG1725.thumb.JPG.afea7ca8d7084b209c9700932515e89c.JPG

18" Halligan

KIMG1724.thumb.JPG.a9f1e193554a27f94b349a0d5eaec7ca.JPG

Intake/Discharge covers (I'm going up north tomorrow and the department who owned the truck in-between might still have those. I will see(

KIMG1722.thumb.JPG.10a7ca70db7b9d41728a11709397cb69.JPG

Axes

KIMG1726.thumb.JPG.84d5524f9acdc14eefe7acb50439f6ad.JPG

I'm also going to replace the hose bed. Some of the wood rotted out and was replaced with utilitarian (not as pretty) replacement, and some more has rotted since then.

Then the hard stuff. I have to figure out how to address the few places where there's body corrosion starting. I know a great body shop, but I don't think I have the King's Ransom it would take to have it all stripped, protected and refinished.

image.png.6f9529f3eebcc3f3854cfce44d3c09b6.png

I replaced mine with LED but I think they were square.

I'll go look in the shop to be sure.

I will be back tomorrow and can take a gander, might have some things that could help

Have you checked with Northern? 

1 hour ago, ChrisNY said:

Have you checked with Northern? 

Northern really hooked me up! Turns out he remembered selling to my dad, decades ago. I got both light lenses I needed from him.

• Like 2

Good deal! I had caps for 1.5,2.5 and 4”.. if i can find them again is another story. 

On 6/20/2021 at 10:17 AM, sandhiller said:

image.png.6f9529f3eebcc3f3854cfce44d3c09b6.png

I replaced mine with LED but I think they were square.

I'll go look in the shop to be sure.

Sorry, they were square and not good enough to reuse.