Say goodnight Dick

MTO

1 minute ago, MTO said:

I'm just about shot....

Carry on RP friends.

Nighty night Mark..................I am headed off to slumberland too..............?

• Thanks 1

I should been in bed an hour or more ago,  but i was just coming in then.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

i took a nap today  ( on vacation at the lake ) too hot to go out in the 100 degrees like all the kids so i wait till after dinner and take them tubing, got new tires put on boat trailer today and expoxied one of the boat trailer boards - got to do some drilling and installation tomorrow, fixed hole in tube for kids in the hot sun and it held so mission accomplished - had to do some tuning on the quadrajet tonight hard on my almost 40y/o boat sitting 90% of the time, the cam/lifters/seals all held from last yr so getting another year of use out of it woot woot!!!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, searcyfarms said:

i took a nap today  ( on vacation at the lake ) too hot to go out in the 100 degrees like all the kids so i wait till after dinner and take them tubing, got new tires put on boat trailer today and expoxied one of the boat trailer boards - got to do some drilling and installation tomorrow, fixed hole in tube for kids in the hot sun and it held so mission accomplished - had to do some tuning on the quadrajet tonight hard on my almost 40y/o boat sitting 90% of the time, the cam/lifters/seals all held from last yr so getting another year of use out of it woot woot!!!

Smithville?

12 minutes ago, Steve C. said:

Smithville?

nope pomme de terre, yr number 48 for me, entire family been coming here since i was a lil fellar, its our annual week started coming when I was 7, french for potato lake

9 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

Yup , it’s been a heII of a day. 

3D8AD6EB-A646-4873-AE26-9954AA629A4B.thumb.jpeg.1e46b9b17873737b94863102854dc58c.jpeg

i resemble this photo unfortunately - nothing near that pretty here, just caught a few blue gill, a couple bass and nephews cause 2 catfish on noodle/jug lines 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, searcyfarms said:

nope pomme de terre, yr number 48 for me, entire family been coming here since i was a lil fellar, its our annual week started coming when I was 7, french for potato lake

Always wanted to fish that lake, but not bad enough to make it happen.  Spent a lot of time at Lake of the Ozarks as a kid, back before Truman Dam.

Does Pomme de Terre still have muskies in it?

Just now, Steve C. said:

Always wanted to fish that lake, but not bad enough to make it happen.  Spent a lot of time at Lake of the Ozarks as a kid, back before Truman Dam.

same here, kinda ruined the spoonbill migration/reproduction, we still go on lake of the ozarks each year for the novelty/tradition, not too bad fishing here depending on what you are looking for. its a pretty clean lake with the rocky bottom not like lake of the ozarks - weve caught a lot of fish here over the yrs 

1 minute ago, Steve C. said:

Does Pomme de Terre still have muskies in it?

it sure does and if you hook one likely you will not turn it unless you are set up to fish for then, i have had a couple times something hit my tackle trolling for white bass and basically spooled my line till empty - drag singing like a soprano in choir till the fateful TWING.............HE GONE so u just have to laugh at those and wonder 

Just now, searcyfarms said:

it sure does and if you hook one likely you will not turn it unless you are set up to fish for then, i have had a couple times something hit my tackle trolling for white bass and basically spooled my line till empty - drag singing like a soprano in choir till the fateful TWING.............HE GONE so u just have to laugh at those and wonder 

That happened to me once - trolling for white bass and walleyes with a Tri D spinner and hooked up with a big gar.  He pulled off before he spooled me though.

i love snagging for spoonbill, you never know what you might drag up to the top, trees, trotlines, lawn chairs, rocks, tires, picnic table, pretty exciting, coolers, just to name a few of my treasures over the years

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Alan Dinan said:

Good night Dick!!

I loved watching The Smothers Brothers 

I`m a thinkin "Say gnite Dick" was Rowan and Martin`s Laugh In.

And the Smother`s Brothers was a hoot.

The dumb one, Tommy (ie Pete1468) always told Dickie "Mom always liked you best"

Oh the good old days of clean comedy!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MTO said:

The dumb one, Tommy (ie Pete1468) always told Dickie "Mom always liked you best"

Now I know the reason why there's more horses rear ends then horses.  Mark if you'd come to a show or come to Iowa I'll fill you with good information and all sorts of one liners.  You're still an amateur in the one line category buddy, but keep trying some day you'll make it up to the top with me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, MTO said:

You’re correct, that was Rowan and Martin, my bad. Right church, wrong pew

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pete1468 said:

Now I know the reason why there's more horses rear ends then horses.  Mark if you'd come to a show or come to Iowa I'll fill you with good information and all sorts of one liners.  You're still an amateur in the one line category buddy, but keep trying some day you'll make it up to the top with me.

just go fix an old portable generator.....sigh

Im remembering the song from some show that i watched at gma n gpas that went .... Goon night sleep tight may all your dreams come true ........something like that