Got me a new trailer

Sresites

Just picked it up in Iowa and brought back to California. Test loading the 5250 with loader and scraper. Will pull that off, then mount the front weights and hook up the 3pt 4-18. Then the flail mower. No more long hauls collecting equipment so sold the 32’ gooseneck. This is an H&H Speedloader 26’ with a 16k rating. And it handles great. 

6C028522-DB4E-4CAC-B829-663F2DBC200F.jpeg

• Like 6

Looks much safer then ramps.  Guessing the  5250 maxes things out?  Dual wheels on the trailer?

Looks good. Hope it works good for you.  We've broken ours in half just hauling the skid steer (big frame) and backhoe attachment.  Its rated at 14,000 lbs.  

• Like 1

oh dear, sounds like you are using it at full cap - nice setup, i would like to have a hydraulic tail but those are $$$ so not in the cards any time soon. 

have fun with it and dont tear it up!!

• Like 1

Looks very nice! Does it stay up when loading or tilt down? I never been around that style of tilt trailer. I love my gravity tilt deck and I'm sure that would be no different

11 minutes ago, Big Bud guy said:

Looks good. Hope it works good for you.  We've broken ours in half just hauling the skid steer (big frame) and backhoe attachment.  Its rated at 14,000 lbs.  

I need to either revamp my trailer or buy another one because of the big skid steer as well. Except mine has a more than heavy enough frame but the 2 7k axles are not very happy. Thinking of putting 3 7k torsion axles under it. Those big machines are not light, and they are not getting any lighter if you want to stay with the biggest

3 hours ago, hobbyfarm said:

Looks much safer then ramps.  Guessing the  5250 maxes things out?  Dual wheels on the trailer?

Super singles. I can barely throw the spare in the back of the truck. The fenders are the heavy duty drive overs with cleats. Axle hubs are oil bath. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, db1486 said:

Looks very nice! Does it stay up when loading or tilt down? I never been around that style of tilt trailer.

Hydraulic Jack & tilt. I had them set up a configuration using a valve to switch between either ram. I also have a key fob for wireless control. Pretty cool when loading the tractor and level the trailer when fully on board. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I’ll have weight figures later this month.

Here was a test run on a 22’ 14k H&H. Very confident towing. 

Note for above pics. The loader subframes weigh in at 308 lbs each. Can only imagine what the rest of the loader weighs. And the box scraper is an 8’ behemoth  20F55C06-6F74-4C29-A96D-597F54901D41.thumb.jpeg.96fc0e155d2a8fc00d58bf1ea4bdc38d.jpeg

• Like 1

That’s a beautiful trailer! I have an old rainbow tilt deck that I love. 

10 hours ago, Sresites said:

Just picked it up in Iowa and brought back to California. Test loading the 5250 with loader and scraper. Will pull that off, then mount the front weights and hook up the 3pt 4-18. Then the flail mower. No more long hauls collecting equipment so sold the 32’ gooseneck. This is an H&H Speedloader 26’ with a 16k rating. And it handles great. 

• Like 1

so as shown above truck trailer tractor mower is ONLY < 27K ? and a bumber pull,with no tail leading the dog?

this has to be flat land and freeways with no squirrel drivers.

At 23K,   GN I was wanting 2x more whoo for the squirrels < AND would NEVER consider hauling 51/2 xx

as the height alone would make cornering >>>>

• Like 1

Worked on the trailer configuration over the weekend and took a trip to the scales. I could not balance my weight with the grapple so had to remove. GCWR 29,110. Still under my truck rating of 31,300. Towing weight was 20,140. Max is 20,000 so will remove front weight bracket. This will help add to the hitch weight. I also removed the trailer winch. The trailer weighs in at 4540. I’ll put together all the weights later this week. And the pull/drive was awesome. Very confident but cautious. 

52A45105-F5F8-4F9B-B6B9-FCBEC920E1EF.jpeg