Truck's broke down& down to this

Wes806

9 minutes ago, nomorejohndeere said:

what kind of oil are you using?

303 yellow bucket..

• Haha 1

On 6/17/2021 at 8:32 AM, SONNY said:

get a 97 ford 350 with that JUNK 7.3 and you never have to worry about leaving home!----Damn things wont even start so at least you dont have far to walk!! LOL!!

Cant get anybody to work on 7.3's around here! Mine has 120,000 on it and I imagine the motor is worn out----- these are a 60,000 mile motor I am told and this could be the second motor since 97 from what little I could find out about the truck.

My 7.3 had over 300k on it when I sold it.  Yours is not wore out at 120k.  The 7.3s are a very popular motor and bring good money compared to the new trucks.   A friend just traded in his 2018 Jeep with all the bells & whistles and they gave him $40k for it.  He bought a 2021 Ford Bronco with all the Bells & Whistles for $14k cash after the deal was done.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2021 at 1:48 PM, Redpower1256 said:

My thoughts exactly. Have one with almost 300k on the clock and still runs like a top.

runs like a top? so it spins in circles, and eventually falls over.

• Haha 2

7.3,the power joke.

you will never be the first one to the end of the block, but the truck will fall apart long before the engine is worn out.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, supermechanic said:

7.3,the power joke.

you will never be the first one to the end of the block, but the truck will fall apart long before the engine is worn out.

No power joke here....

1D5B7317-DCCC-4C31-9DD2-853C8359FB22.jpeg

D0DC66BE-5A1A-451B-84F7-FE013DB2B496.jpeg

• Like 2

On 6/17/2021 at 9:32 AM, SONNY said:

get a 97 ford 350 with that JUNK 7.3 and you never have to worry about leaving home!----Damn things wont even start so at least you dont have far to walk!! LOL!!

Cant get anybody to work on 7.3's around here! Mine has 120,000 on it and I imagine the motor is worn out----- these are a 60,000 mile motor I am told and this could be the second motor since 97 from what little I could find out about the truck.

Guess you just need to quit running the new stuff.?

'89 F350 7.3 goes all out to the fire, goes places any sane person wouldn't take a jeep to put out fire. Comes back home and gets the ash and debris blown out of air filters and radiator and is ready to go again.

Although well maintained, it has been horribly abused in order to save others' property.

I credit it's quick starting and ability to get up and around in a canyon in a hurry for saving my entire place from burning out.

Many stories of it getting me around and out of some very hairy situations.

This little pickup with a 7.3 has earned my respect and gratitude.

C4.jpg.9b9ad52c676e7608f61119665c7ede7c.jpg

• Like 7

46 minutes ago, jass1660 said:

No power joke here....

1D5B7317-DCCC-4C31-9DD2-853C8359FB22.jpeg

D0DC66BE-5A1A-451B-84F7-FE013DB2B496.jpeg

possibly not, but that is also about $20k, maybe more.

the 7.3 has good bones, the engineers at IHC over built this one, as evidenced by the photos of the build above.

I don't know if these mechanical injection engines need to have anything done to the bottom end, but it would not surprise me if they were left stock.

• Like 1

Two 7.3 out in the drive both with well over 200k. Only issues have been normal truck issues except for the glow plugs on both trucks but I think they are both fixed as they fired right up today.

93 degrees ?

• Haha 1

My 7.3 has well over 200k on it. Sure runs good. The fuel leak was a rubber packing aroung the fuel line coming out of the fuel filter. This truck had sat for 3 years before I got it las summer. This truck and engine has been abused and used

SONNY needs to stop sniffing the exhaust from his Duramax!

SON is driving my old '96 F250 5-speed to/from work because he absolutely HATES the brand new Bronco Sport loaner his local Ford store gave him while they wait for a brand new 400 hp 3.5L Ecoboost V6 crate engine to put in his 12,000 mile old 2021 Explorer.  He'll probably get the old 'Stroke up to 320,000 miles.  Valve covers only been off that engine ONCE, for glowplugs 100,000 miles ago.

JASS 1660 -  SUPERMECHANIC is missing the "1" on the front of his price estimate, isn't he.  That's HYPERMAX'S Cummins-Killer.  It's ALL over their website.

1 hour ago, DOCTOR EVIL said:

SON is driving my old '96 F250 5-speed to/from work because he absolutely HATES the brand new Bronco Sport loaner his local Ford store gave him

Been seeing a few of the new Broncos on the road, but wishing I hadn't.

• Like 1

On 6/19/2021 at 2:56 PM, supermechanic said:

runs like a top? so it spins in circles, and eventually falls over.

Yeah, sure, that's it.....guess that some expressions are lost on some folks.

On 6/20/2021 at 7:50 AM, DOCTOR EVIL said:

AS

JASS 1660 -  SUPERMECHANIC is missing the "1" on the front of his price estimate, isn't he.  That's HYPERMAX'S Cummins-Killer.  It's ALL over their website.

Individually priced, 21,135

retails 18,000

on sale 11,900

https://www.gohypermax.com/ProductDisplay.aspx?ID=ac1c22c9-c515-4b4a-82cc-8df2dccc5adb

pics as requested. as for price---- I have $7,000 invested in it so far, ----it dont start so being sold as is where is. 1997 F-350 dual wheel flatbed,  around 120,000 miles showing on odometer.

Excellent driving truck----just needs a gas motor put in it instead of that junk 7.3 that dont run!

Would prefer to trade for gas 1-ton dual wheel  late 90's, any brand with manual transmission.

DSCN0310.jpg

DSCN0311.jpg

I'll sell you my 1996 Dodge 3500 2wd, 5speed dually with 251,000 miles on it.  Starts faster than any 7.3 and has been known to pull much more than it's rated for (20,000# rating).  Oh, BTW the Cummins is stock and has only had an exhaust brake put on it with 60# exhaust valve springs to hold her back!