Truck's broke down& down to this

Wes806

2 minutes ago, nomorejohndeere said:

I had to drive my tractor home 2 days ago because my truck died and wouldn't restart........

Nothing like a good tractor ride on a open station IH

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, nomorejohndeere said:

I had to drive my tractor home 2 days ago because my truck died and wouldn't restart........

Beats ten toenail drive

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wes806 said:

I got two trucks down. Dodge down for tranny and  Ford cause fuel line.

IMG_20210616_152257975_HDR.jpg

Like the Chevy commercials said, "Like a rock"

Lmao!

Sorry Wesley......?

• Haha 1

Just now, MTO said:

Like a rock"

That 806 sure has been like a rock for me. Hasn't let me down.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Wes806 said:

Knock on wood, quick! ?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Wes806 said:

..Wes.....if you could see my #2    work vehicle .   you would laugh your socks off.....so don't feel bad about your trucks.....:)

...sort of goes in cycles, have good vehicles that slowly  get older  .....and the newer vehicles get more expensive....AND....our glorious leader has just announced that all  pickups  /Utes ..as we call them.....are going to have an extra $3000.00   NZ    tax, from next year.......They are ridiculously  expensve now......without that....and only people that work  will suffer......Farmers..Tradies etc ...(this is going to save the planet...of course......:rolleyes:

Incidently, Wes.....our "road tax" on our   4x4  2005 Toyota Hi _Lux is  $75.50 odd for 1000   kms.......( 620   miles ...)...this is on top of diesel  running about $6.40  NZ  , per US Gallon equivalent.....

Welcome to New Zealand.....sigh

Mike

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 7

get a 97 ford 350 with that JUNK 7.3 and you never have to worry about leaving home!----Damn things wont even start so at least you dont have far to walk!! LOL!!

Cant get anybody to work on 7.3's around here! Mine has 120,000 on it and I imagine the motor is worn out----- these are a 60,000 mile motor I am told and this could be the second motor since 97 from what little I could find out about the truck.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

51 minutes ago, SONNY said:

get a 97 ford 350 with that JUNK 7.3 and you never have to worry about leaving home!----Damn things wont even start so at least you dont have far to walk!! LOL!!

Cant get anybody to work on 7.3's around here! Mine has 120,000 on it and I imagine the motor is worn out----- these are a 60,000 mile motor I am told and this could be the second motor since 97 from what little I could find out about the truck.

You're joking, right? I thought 7.3's lived forever. :D

1 hour ago, SONNY said:

Must be operator error, just sold one with 450k never opened up. They’re bringing big money. Last one I saw on auctiontime 325k miles clean body brought $9900.

1 hour ago, jass1660 said:

Must be operator error, just sold one with 450k never opened up. They’re bringing big money. Last one I saw on auctiontime 325k miles clean body brought $9900.

My thoughts exactly. Have one with almost 300k on the clock and still runs like a top.

I thought the 96-02 powerstroke models ran forever. My dad had one that had just shy of 400k when he died and had no major problems. He just had to change the crankshaft position sensor about 3 or 4 times for some reason. 

6 hours ago, SONNY said:

get a 97 ford 350 with that JUNK 7.3 and you never have to worry about leaving home!

Mine is 99 F350 with the 7.3 a fuel line broke on it  coming out of the fuel filter. This truck runs like atop. It sat for three years before I got it.

9 hours ago, SONNY said:

I would take it off your hands ifn you dislike it so much..

• Like 1

IF they so great,----why dont somebody buy mine--- OR better yet trade for a 1-ton with a gas motor and stick shift transmission! ---- and no I am not kiddin----7.3 is a 60,000 mile motor!

5 hours ago, SONNY said:

IF they so great,----why dont somebody buy mine--- OR better yet trade for a 1-ton with a gas motor and stick shift transmission! ---- and no I am not kiddin----7.3 is a 60,000 mile motor!

Pictures and price, please

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SONNY said:

Many high mileage 7.3 trucks and their owners would disagree.. i can probably come up with 8-10 of them off the top of my head… 

Have three F350 7.3's here. Two have nearly 300,000 and one that we lucked out finding only has 140,000. One started here new, best truck I ever owned. Know of one with 500,000 on it. Can't touch those suckers if they are decent. Gotta find em first too.