Our farm runs on classic IH

Took a walk this evening when I arrived home from work.  Decided to show off some of our machines at work. 

Dad in the 856 with 3 point sprayer, applying post emergence in corn.

20210616_190658.jpg

20210616_190724.jpg

20210616_190732.jpg

20210616_190808.jpg

• Like 9

This corn received nitrogen this afternoon and could definitely use a nice rain.

This is the final field of soybeans we planted. Looking decent so far.

Feel free to add your farm equipment your and crop update photos!

20210616_190043.jpg

20210616_190123.jpg

• Like 4

I like it.  I need to ask though....what is that which looks like a 8hp electric motor on the back of your side  dressingtool bar? I know it must be the pump, but I don’t see what’s running what. (No pto shaft, or hyd lines running. to remotes, that I can tell anyway).  I’ve never been around one.

3 minutes ago, stronger800 said:

I like it.  I need to ask though....what is that which looks like a 8hp electric motor on the back of your side  dressingtool bar? I know it must be the pump, but I don’t see what’s running what. (No pto shaft, or hyd lines running. to remotes, that I can tell anyway).  I’ve never been around one.

It is a John Blue squeeze pump. It is ground driven off the Buffalo cultivator unit with a chain. Tank on the front of the 1206 supplies the nitrogen. 

Dad and I built that machine from a inline ripper, Asherman fertilizer coulters, Buffalo row unit, and an IH weight bracket and 100# weights for down pressure. Even a 560 slab weight hanging on the Buffalo unit!

My tractor collection kind of started out of necessity.  When Dad (now retired) and I both worked off the farm,  time was crucial.  So, with each rig hooked up, we just jumped on and went to work with the time we had available!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, stronger800 said:

Tank, weight bracket and coulters I had figured out....”squeeze pump” is a new term to me though. Looks like it works. Thanks for sharing 

I can take a photo of the pump.  It has a hose from the tank to a manifold at the base of the pump. Up to 8 rubber hoses can be attached to the manifold. The chain drives a 4 roller assembly that squeezes the rubber hose from bottom to top as it rotates,  thus moving a squirt of nitrogen up the hose to another line down to each row unit.  Kind of pulsates the fertilizer through the lines. Make sense? 

We use the squeeze pump and the coulter units on the planter as we plant the corn as well.  Sometimes,  we spray a little nitrogen with the sprayer on the corn too.

Can’t beat a John Blue squeeze pump. Simple and they just plain work. Nice looking fleet

1 minute ago, ChrisNY said:

Can’t beat a John Blue squeeze pump. Simple and they just plain work. Nice looking fleet

Thank you. We take pride in them. Keep them washed, waxed and shedded whenever possible. 

3 minutes ago, acem said:

What are the tall weed in the corn? I don't think we have them.

You might be seeing the grass in the ditch. Dad turned around while I was taking those pictures. I was up on the road. 

43 minutes ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

544 with woods M5 rotary mower. My waterway mowing rig and ride for tonight.

20210616_185450.jpg

Man thats kinda a rare bird isnt it?....a 544 row crop diesel hydro.  

1 minute ago, Cdfarabaugh said:

Dad and I drove to southern Illinois to purchase it. Just before Christmas 2017. Would have driven much further. Definitely not one on every block!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

Dad and I drove to southern Illinois to purchase it. Just before Christmas 2017. Would have driven much further. Definitely not one on every block!

Im envious, I'd love even gear drive 544 diesel.  Have a fuel sipping smooth running german 4 cyl in a full size tractor and not cramped onto a utility.  

I plowed furrows between rows by hand today and put N on the sweet corn patch. Good character builder in this heat. I’m not sure what my HP rating is but I was a little red from the sun when I finished. Does that count? ?

A2EFE617-D478-42C1-B39C-A52A6801940F.jpeg

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Cdfarabaugh said:

I always thought the 544 was like what I thought the 826 was , a showcase for the hydro transmission. Maybe I was wrong all these years?