Funny Reason To Sell a Tractor

I see this 1256 on Auction Time. Quote Farmer is selling because his new disc mower is 540 pto.   Someone needs to tell him PTO units are interchangeable.  Would save him a lot of money.   Or maybe that's the story he told his wife! ?

Just has 1000 shaft in case you were wondering. 

I wouldn't mind an open station tractor that size for my 12 row 183 cultivator. Would need long axles to run duals spaced at 30" centers. 

https://www.auctiontime.com/listings/farm-equipment/auctions/online/205300055/international-1256

INTERNATIONAL 1256 at AuctionTime.com

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• FarmerFixEmUp changed the title to Funny Reason To Sell a Tractor
49 minutes ago, FarmerFixEmUp said:

I see this 1256 on Auction Time. Quote Farmer is selling because his new disc mower is 540 pto.   Someone needs to tell him PTO units are interchangeable.  Would save him a lot of money.   Or maybe that's the story he told his wife! ?

Just has 1000 shaft in case you were wondering. 

I wouldn't mind an open station tractor that size for my 12 row 183 cultivator. Would need long axles to run duals spaced at 30" centers. 

https://www.auctiontime.com/listings/farm-equipment/auctions/online/205300055/international-1256

INTERNATIONAL 1256 at AuctionTime.com

Why would you need long axles to set it up for 30" rows? My 1066 is set for 30's and has standard axles.

IMG_0382.JPG

• Like 1

The 1206 I used to have wouldn't do it without spacers between the hub and dual rim. I had the maximum offset rims too. Depends on what you have for hubs too. 

Maybe the 1206 had shorter standard axles.  Both of my 1066's have different axles. 

Hmm. In the rear view, I don’t see any adjustment cranks at the top of either lift arm for the three point hitch. 

15 minutes ago, Rick G. said:

Hmm. In the rear view, I don’t see any adjustment cranks at the top of either lift arm for the three point hitch. 

Lolly pops are broke off like a lot of old tractors

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

It is an excuse to tell his wife. 

Should be buying another one and KEEPING this one .....

3 minutes ago, bitty said:

Should be buying another one and KEEPING this one .....

Overbearing wife? 

How large of a mower is he pulling? I saw a guy with a similar size 1000 RPM only Deere with a 540 adapter. I asked about that and he said: I have plenty of power for that. Just run the engine at around 1450 or 1500. It works fine and does not burn so much fuel.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, 1066 Peterbilt said:

...1000 RPM only Deere with a 540 adapter.

I run my Fergy-12 square like that on the 1000-stick all the time with the 1206....about 1400R's, tops.  Quieter and peaceful, too!  On level ground, don't need but 40-ish HP to run that baler and drag a wagon - 1206 makes that idling.

I don't suppose his discbine has a gearbox like this (his probably has 3 "shafts"), but..... if you "flip" many gearboxes around, you switch from 540-in to 1000-in (and vice-versa).  Look and see if you've got bolt pattern both sides.  If so, mark your shafts to see if they are 1:1, or something else.  Seems to me at about 0.73:1, the math worked out both ways.

Mark

• Like 2

8 hours ago, FarmerFixEmUp said:

The 1206 I used to have wouldn't do it without spacers between the hub and dual rim. I had the maximum offset rims too. Depends on what you have for hubs too. 

Maybe the 1206 had shorter standard axles.  Both of my 1066's have different axles. 

Pretty sure the 1206 has 96 inch axles and the 66's short ones are 100 inch. Our 1456's will just make it with the correct hardware and they are 96's.

1 hour ago, INTERNATIONAL 1466 said:

Pretty sure the 1206 has 96 inch axles and the 66's short ones are 100 inch. Our 1456's will just make it with the correct hardware and they are 96's.

So how is axle length measured.? From the end of the axle to the center of the tractor? 

My one 1066 must have 110 inch or so.