What's going on in America?

8 hours ago, gearheadmb said:

Of course Russia would supply you with all the weapons you need, just like they spent the last 15 years supplying you with all the necessary propaganda to get you to the mindset you are in now. Hating your fellow countrymen for this reason or that. It's sad what we've so willingly become.

This thread is what political extremism looks like. Take a good look in the mirror, think about who you want to be, a put your ass in a pew Sunday. 

Keep spewing it!  You go!   Russians didn't do a darn thing other than sit back while MORONS FROM THIS COUNTRY blamed them for things THEMSELVES were doing...........Of-course you do have still have the believers...........Sigh...........

30 minutes ago, supermpuller said:

Try again that was a health issue.

The man made health issue that was made worse by others putting sick with others who were highly at risk?  Oh wait, are you still going with the bat/goat/elf mutation and sweep the rest of what happened under the rug?

You guys, open up your eyes and get out in the real world, freedoms are getting stomped below ground level, and some STILL think its ok, just unbelieveable.  

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Reichow7120 said:

First time, Huh?

When the government can arbitrarily shut down your business. Take away your income and leave you broke. That sounds pretty tyrannical to me. 

Telling you how many people you can bring into your own home that you supposedly own sounds tyrannical to me. 

Amen..............

Oh wait, just like everything else..........."NOTHING TO SEE HERE!  MOVE ON!!"

• Like 1

This board has alot of talk about govt tyranny and economic collapse and freedoms being destroyed ...  mentions of "End Times"  I cant be the only American here who can do basically whatever they what whenever they want in this country?   Sure, its not perfect, and some things arent ideal for everyone at all times of every day, but when were they ever?  

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, cjf711 said:

This board has alot of talk about govt tyranny and economic collapse and freedoms being destroyed ...  mentions of "End Times"  I cant be the only American here who can do basically whatever they what whenever they want in this country?   Sure, its not perfect, and some things arent ideal for everyone at all times of every day, but when were they ever?  

Was alot better until the Covid BS started.................What is your location?  Still can't do what I want, when I want with all things here?  

2 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

Was alot better until the Covid BS started.................What is your location?  Still can't do what I want, when I want with all things here?  

Im in Illinois,   The covid stuff was/is a pain sometimes, but, Im still alive and family is close by and doing ok,  got a job with more work than i can get too,  Still trying to farm while the big dogs actively try to snuff me out on the daily,  Still facing problems and having some really good stuff happening too.   

It is what it is,  but talk of End times doesnt resonate with me right now?   

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cjf711 said:

Im in Illinois,   The covid stuff was/is a pain sometimes, but, Im still alive and family is close by and doing ok,  got a job with more work than i can get too,  Still trying to farm while the big dogs actively try to snuff me out on the daily,  Still facing problems and having some really good stuff happening too.   

It is what it is,  but talk of End times doesnt resonate with me right now?   

Thumpers have been spewing the “ End of days “ crap forever . It keeps the churches full on Sunday . 

33 minutes ago, cjf711 said:

When I look around with my own eyes and ears things are pretty good. Not perfect, but good. 

When ever I turn on the news or the internet it's a bunch of talking heads and politicians telling me all the things I should be enraged about, all the things I should be scared of, all the people I should consider my enemy. I say the **** with em. I'll trust my eyes and ears. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, jass1660 said:

We’re all going to die and be dust some day. I get up I work I go home and repeat. 

True, and we all know that. Or at least most of us know that.

The goal for me and I think all of us really is to have as much fun on the way down for our dirt nap. Not have a marathon on how miserable you can be before you go. That's getting to be harder to do anymore and will get worse yet I believe.

2 hours ago, Reichow7120 said:

True, and we all know that. Or at least most of us know that.

The goal for me and I think all of us really is to have as much fun on the way down for our dirt nap. Not have a marathon on how miserable you can be before you go. That's getting to be harder to do anymore and will get worse yet I believe.

I told my kids when the undertaker asks smoking or non smoking burn me up and dump me in the wind.....

• Like 2

5 hours ago, gearheadmb said:

Tell me about the last tyrannical order or regulation that was that was put on you.

Are you serious? As an example here in PA you had to shut down if not on the waiver list (which was rife with corruption itself) .....if not you got the gestapo after you.....or worse the PLCB if a bar/restaurant.   

Other states enacted travel bans, stay at home orders, banned private gatherings and attempted to use the full power of the law to enforce it.

Just look to the north and talk to some of our Canadian friends how bad it is up there......we DONT wantbto go down that road.

Were not crazy, just smart enough to have seen this movie before and realize it doesnt end well.  Its not that bad YET......but whenever 40%of people here in PA voted against limiting government emergency powers after a month......you know theres a problem on the horizon.  

Change happens slowly.....and often under the allure that its "for your safety".   Does that sound familiar?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Cdfarabaugh said:

Are you serious? As an example here in PA you had to shut down if not on the waiver list (which was rife with corruption itself) .....if not you got the gestapo after you.....or worse the PLCB if a bar/restaurant.   

Other states enacted travel bans, stay at home orders, banned private gatherings and attempted to use the full power of the law to enforce it.

Just look to the north and talk to some of our Canadian friends how bad it is up there......we DONT wantbto go down that road.

Were not crazy, just smart enough to have seen this movie before and realize it doesnt end well.  Its not that bad YET......but whenever 40%of people here in PA voted against limiting government emergency powers after a month......you know theres a problem on the horizon.  

Change happens slowly.....and often under the allure that its "for your safety".   Does that sound familiar?

And the worst of all, politicians are breaking their own so called ''health'' directives.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gearheadmb said:

Tell me about the last tyrannical order or regulation that was that was put on you.

These orders and regulations varied a lot depending on the state and whether you live in a rural area or a metro area.  I understand how you may not have experienced the tyranny that others of us did.  I'm telling you, it was real.  I had friends who were forced to shutter their businesses.  No logic and consisntency, just follow orders.  Staying open against orders = Jail.  The metro county east of me was much worse and the rural county west of me was much more reasonable.  However, the Home Depot, Lowe's, and Wal-Marts everywhere were operating near capacity!

I carried a letter in my vehicle for over a year that stated that I worked for an "essential" business.  Why did I carry it?  In case I was pulled over by the PA State Police. "Show us your papers!" was a very real, implied threat here in PA.  There were very strong hints in March of 2020 that citizens were to stay in our homes at all times unless going to work for an "essential" business or buying groceries.  Thankfully, compliance with that edict passed quickly by late-April and May of 2020 when the grass literally began to grow.  Pedestrian traffic in the small city near me was down to nearly nothing up to 2-3 months ago.  I haven't felt this way since I was in the Soviet Union during the summer of 1990.

I ask you to recall the kayaker in California who was arrested for paddling alone in the ocean along the coast of metro LA.  Young families were arrested for going to a public park.  Michigan had similar incidents with boaters on lakes...except for the governor's husband.  We were told not to gather for Easter, Independence Day, or Thanksgiving under penalty of arrest.  I stopped taking my cell phone with me for a while.  Snooping on citizens and flexing of power was very real.  PA voters approved a referendum limiting the governor's emergency powers in May.

You made a good point about doing physical harm to people.  I agree with you.  That being said, I have always heard that "Desperate people do desperate things."

• Like 5

1 hour ago, jordi 1455 said:

And the worst of all, politicians are breaking their own so called ''health'' directives.

Yeah, the ones hyping how bad it is are the worst for it.....................I am sure my neighbors who had a good running restaurant before this crap started will disagree that not much has changed.  Poured there heart and soul into the place, was renting(Luckly) an appartment and about lost the restaurant location they had, and had to move back home with mom and dad(My neighbors) to keep the restaurant.  Whole thing is BS if you want my opinion.  

3 minutes ago, EquipmentJunkie said:

These orders and regulations varied a lot depending on the state and whether you live in a rural area or a metro area.  I understand how you may not have experienced the tyranny that others of us did.  I'm telling you, it was real.  I had friends who were forced to shutter their businesses.  No logic and consisntency, just follow orders.  Staying open against orders = Jail.  The metro county east of me was much worse and the rural county west of me was much more reasonable.  However, the Home Depot, Lowe's, and Wal-Marts everywhere were operating near capacity!

I carried a letter in my vehicle for over a year that stated that I worked for an "essential" business.  Why did I carry it?  In case I was pulled over by the PA State Police. "Show us your papers!" was a very real, implied threat here in PA.  There were very strong hints in March of 2020 that citizens were to stay in our homes at all times unless going to work for an "essential" business or buying groceries.  Thankfully, compliance with that edict passed quickly by late-April and May of 2020 when the grass literally began to grow.  Pedestrian traffic in the small city near me was down to nearly nothing up to 2-3 months ago.  I haven't felt this way since I was in the Soviet Union during the summer of 1990.

I ask you to recall the kayaker in California who was arrested for paddling alone in the ocean along the coast of metro LA.  Young families were arrested for going to a public park.  Michigan had similar incidents with boaters on lakes...except for the governor's husband.  We were told not to gather for Easter, Independence Day, or Thanksgiving under penalty of arrest.  I stopped taking my cell phone with me for a while.  Snooping on citizens and flexing of power was very real.  PA voters approved a referendum limiting the governor's emergency powers in May.

You made a good point about doing physical harm to people.  I agree with you.  That being said, I have always heard that "Desperate people do desperate things."

Could not have said it better myself...............my wife's employer was essential............Always wanted to know what a$$ decided who/what was essential, but anyhow she got those stupid papers but here everyone was struggling so nobody did the hard crack down making people's lives even worse than they were.  But it was of interest to me that certain jobs within the company were not essential, now how does that work?  

Sounds like the laws, regulations, weren't crazy because they didn't affect certain people directly even though it may have affected untold thousands of others. With this forum having a lot of members being in agriculture it directly affected less than say people who worked in restaurants, entertainment, traveling industries who were told they were "non-essential" & couldn't work had to stay home and were told "Sucks to be you" when people asked how would they be able to pay their mortgage/ rent, car notes, medical bills or any bill for that matter. Not to mention the insult of being told you & your means of supporting yourself & family is "non-essential". It's easy to see for those people in industries that were targeted or just affected on the periphery when the first domino falls they'll lose,foreclose, repossess everything and a person or family is left to try to start all over with ruined credit and/or judgements that will haunt them for many years when you're just trying to get on your feet again. When it all could have been prevented by not shutting down parts of the economy which showed no benefit in the end anyway. Sweden proved that. To those people directly impacted or targeted I bet they would say it was a tyrannical government actions that brought about their financial ruin and broken homes from the dire consequences from the government directives. I'd be careful to apply one's own experience  in the Wu flu mess to everyone else because all of us were affected in different ways and to different degrees. Some much worse than others and it wouldn't be surprising to find out that those impacted the worst felt that a tyrannical government over stepping it's bounds made a bad situation much worse.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, EquipmentJunkie said:

In case I was pulled over by the PA State Police. "Show us your papers!" was a very real, implied threat here in PA.

Luckily no police dept, PSP, or district attorney office would touch that BS with a 10 foot pole and rightly so.  

1 hour ago, Cdfarabaugh said:

Luckily no police dept, PSP, or district attorney office would touch that BS with a 10 foot pole and rightly so.  

Our sheriff's dept. and local police didn't enforce any of the fat man's orders.

18 minutes ago, Steve C. said:

Our sheriff's dept. and local police didn't enforce any of the fat man's orders.

He should have left his mask on 24/7, could have trimmed down a bunch...............:rolleyes:

I know people I work with that live in Tallulah, Louisiana were stopped and ticketed if they weren't headed to work last year. I saw the tickets they were written for "unnecessary travel". Here it was all up to what police chiefs and sheriffs wanted to do and their political leanings. We were all given letters from our employer showing we were "essential workers" but the police in town knew when shift change was. The sheriff's deputies didn't didn't enforce it in that parish though, only the city cops.