Any of you guys have heel pain? Or other joint pain?

dale560

15 hours ago, dale560 said:

Last trip back from Minneapolis my heel really hurt on way home. My knee usually gets some pain after about 4 hours in the car. It did but my heel has been bad. It is good at night sleeping but first thing in morning you almost fall down from the sharp little pain spot. I looked it up got some insoles for planter fasciitis in my shoes but they don’t seem to help. Now today left elbow hurts bad. I was running concrete chop saw cutting manhole castings for about hour this morning than grain vac hoses after noon here really got me hurting. I never really took pain stuff like Tylenol or others but now I think I might have to look into some. I guess I shouldn’t have worked years ago showing up on body now. You guys have any tips for joint or foot pain?

I realize  you know you know this, BUT make sure it is not very common in meat eaters, GOUT prior to venturing into unapproved therapies.

1 hour ago, Jacka said:

Lyme disease 

Over the years I have picked probably 3000 or more ticks off have had 40 to 100 crawling and biting at one time. My brother though has a stiff leg , he ends up fixing most of the fence he probably has had 10 thousand ticks. He removes over a 100 a day in season. So probably very true could be a cause.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Jacka said:

Lyme disease 

Over the years I have picked probably 3000 or more ticks off have had 40 to 100 crawling and biting at one time. My brother though has a stiff leg , he ends up fixing most of the fence he probably has had 10 thousand ticks. He removes over a 100 a day in season. So probably very true could be a cause. I know he has had Lyme disease.

1 hour ago, Jacka said:

Lyme disease 

Over the years I have picked probably 3000 or more ticks off have had 40 to 100 crawling and biting at one time. My brother though has a stiff leg , he ends up fixing most of the fence he probably has had 10 thousand ticks. He removes over a 100 a day in season. So probably very true could be a cause. I know he has had Lyme disease.

17 hours ago, dale560 said:

I don’t drink alcohol

Well, There's your problem!

Seriously though, Powerstep Protech insoles and a cortisone shot fixed my plantar faciitis. The shot in the foot can be a little tough. Knees are shot - two surgeries on one already, replacement probably next. Elbow can't take vibrating machines for long.

It's age. We weren't really designed to live as long as we do so we wear out. Modern medicine is almost miraculous. 

I've been using Voltaren topical gel. It goes through the skin for pain relief rather than through the blood stream. Seem to help. I can never take anything that may make me flunk a drug test but if you're not subject to one.............

10 hours ago, rrr4quality said:

Good thing the steering wheel was on the wrong side!

......I guess I would have lost my ability to write otherwse.......and anything else for that matter....  crazy...but it happens to all of us sometime....not my finest hour...new Mack, also ...only 22 thousand   kilometers old.....about 15 thousand miles

Mike

10 hours ago, jeeper61 said:

Sounds like a Zimmer Knee they been making implants way longer than the other manufactures 

..it is in Kiwi language....."Bloody marvelous, Mate "'....full . nomal movement through the new joint....  I am 100%  happy with my American  made knee....not enough to qualify for a Green card   though....:rolleyes:

Mike

• Haha 2

Was out have a coffee break puff with some older ladies and they got on the arthritic aches and pains topic a few were on glucosamine and then Marianne a jovial Amazon specimen pipes up so was I, did little for me, was recommended to eat 1 Brazil nut a day, really I said I love Brazil nuts, without skipping a beat she says that’s what I said try choking one down every day

The ginger sounds like something to explore Eastern medicine has its places

• Like 1

On 6/15/2021 at 5:43 PM, dale560 said:

Last trip back from Minneapolis my heel really hurt on way home. My knee usually gets some pain after about 4 hours in the car. It did but my heel has been bad. It is good at night sleeping but first thing in morning you almost fall down from the sharp little pain spot. I looked it up got some insoles for planter fasciitis in my shoes but they don’t seem to help. Now today left elbow hurts bad. I was running concrete chop saw cutting manhole castings for about hour this morning than grain vac hoses after noon here really got me hurting. I never really took pain stuff like Tylenol or others but now I think I might have to look into some. I guess I shouldn’t have worked years ago showing up on body now. You guys have any tips for joint or foot pain?

By joint pain.... you mean pretty much most of the time esp when you sit up in bed and then get up from chair or sit in truck or tarp bunker or work in office or sort cows or go for dinner pain that is just discomfort but sore right?

The Chiropractor told me something.  "you working type, you always gotta remember you may have the same age as some banker but you got aloooot of hours on them joints.  You USE your body, he uses his head.  You wake 3 hours before and often after he's home.  Someday he'll have different issues too not being active, there is a balance that no one can find.  You pull wt, jump on and off stuff.  Each action wears.  So you have a body of a 50 year old at 30 since you use it"

• Like 1

17 hours ago, mike newman said:

"'Quad Bike "....My right thumb   hurt so much , that I could not activate the wee  lever on the right handle bar...to make the thing move

Mike, i know a few guys that have that problem. This was a simple solution for them. Makes it into a twist throttle more like a motorcycle.

1346930044_motorcycletwistkit.jpg.ab233ee753e27d543efb200b6661f8c7.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

Mike, i know a few guys that have that problem. This was a simple solution for them. Makes it into a twist throttle more like a motorcycle.

1346930044_motorcycletwistkit.jpg.ab233ee753e27d543efb200b6661f8c7.jpg

Hot damn! Where? The quad throttle kills my hand but the sickle not so much. Great point jeff

40 minutes ago, Dasnake said:

Hot damn! Where? The quad throttle kills my hand but the sickle not so much. Great point jeff

I think Kolpin has them around 40 bucks

https://www.amazon.com/Kolpin-98020-Handy-Throttle/dp/B00EFE6ONY

When I was doing a lot of production welding standing on concrete, my heels would be on fire at night when laying in bed. A good supportive pair of boots and gel heel cushions helped to cure most of that. 

Had a doc scope my knee to clean out some debris that was floating around. He must have nicked a nerve or something that never healed. The sensation was a cross between a knife jab and an itch in the center of my knee. It would start low and build to almost unbearable over 15 seconds and do this cycle 3 times a minute. And it was endless. The only relief was to walk on it. Driving have to be on cruise and constantly moving my leg to ease the discomfort. 

Anyways, tried everything until I finally agreed to accupuncture. Went in with an open mind and it was not a comfortable procedure but it completely stopped the discomfort. The only time it bothers me now is when I get real short on sleep. With grass fires, cattle, fuel haulin, meetings I am around 10 hours sleep since saturday. Not tired but knee is bothering me again. Thinking strongly since I am home tonight, giving you guys a break from my nonsense and just going to bed. No lightning in the forecast and have the stations caught up for a day. A good nights sleep should set me good again. 

Good luck Dale, hope you can find some relief. 

On 6/16/2021 at 3:55 AM, mike newman said:

"ginger root...He said eat a tablespoon of this every morning...with porridge/cereal  fruit...whatever

Mike, since the root is so fibrous, what do you do with it, slice, grind, mince,  etc.?

7 hours ago, Duntongw said:

Mike, since the root is so fibrous, what do you do with it, slice, grind, mince,  etc.?

...I just slice enough little bits of it...untill I think enough is there to fill a table spoon...then toss it on my breakfast  plate..!!!

...I am back on it...I stopped for two years  actually......just to see the ....if any...... reaction from not eating it....very slight soreness in my fingers...so back onto it...no further issues...no soreness....The cost on a monthly basis is nothing , compared to drugs....

I would have to say that I made a point of taking it everyday as the  bloke who recommended    insisted.....and for me ..it was a ''game breaker ''

Mike

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, mike newman said:

...I just slice enough little bits of it...untill I think enough is there to fill a table spoon...then toss it on my breakfast  plate..!!!

...I am back on it...I stopped for two years  actually......just to see the ....if any...... reaction from not eating it....very slight soreness in my fingers...so back onto it...no further issues...no soreness....The cost on a monthly basis is nothing , compared to drugs....

I would have to say that I made a point of taking it everyday as the  bloke who recommended    insisted.....and for me ..it was a ''game breaker ''

Mike

You like ginger, I always leaned to Mary-Ann.

bwahahahahahahahaha

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Dasnake said:

You like ginger, I always leaned to Mary-Ann.

bwahahahahahahahaha

....was there a previous history  of cannibalism in your family Jake..??:mellow:............was    Mary-Anne a handy source of protein, ???? or was the ''leaned ''   purely platonic....:rolleyes:

Mike

• Haha 1

Who getting choosy you take either at this point

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I had a go around with plantar F a while back. My hip started hurting around the same time, but I didn't put the 2 together until after I figured out that both were caused by the new shoes I had bought.  Switched shoes, foot stopped hurting, hip stopped hurting.  I wish it was that simple now with my right knee and left shoulder.