Any of you guys have heel pain? Or other joint pain?

dale560

Last trip back from Minneapolis my heel really hurt on way home. My knee usually gets some pain after about 4 hours in the car. It did but my heel has been bad. It is good at night sleeping but first thing in morning you almost fall down from the sharp little pain spot. I looked it up got some insoles for planter fasciitis in my shoes but they don’t seem to help. Now today left elbow hurts bad. I was running concrete chop saw cutting manhole castings for about hour this morning than grain vac hoses after noon here really got me hurting. I never really took pain stuff like Tylenol or others but now I think I might have to look into some. I guess I shouldn’t have worked years ago showing up on body now. You guys have any tips for joint or foot pain?

Normally I’d suggest cbd but your problems seem widespread so best go with the Cheech and Chong plan and buddy up to the bong

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

34 minutes ago, hardtail said:

Normally I’d suggest cbd but your problems seem widespread so best go with the Cheech and Chong plan and buddy up to the bong

That would probably be the best idea.

• Like 2

I never hurt. I'm still 10 ft tall and bullet proof. If I start thinking I might not be I just apply whiskey, tequila or rum until I realize I am!

Try it. It works!

Thx-Ace 

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

32 minutes ago, jeeper61 said:

Hopefully you aren't consuming any "Diet" drinks the Aspartame sweetener will make your joints ache 

No I don’t drink diet pop . Diet Coke and cigarettes killed my moms sister at a early age.  But soda pop is my downfall. I don’t drink alcohol , do drugs or other stuff just for simple reasons but the aches are catching up.  Put in pretty tough life on cold cement floors doing heavy stuff has caught up.  My right arm used to always hurt from running hyd levers and just use. Years of hoisting transmissions, tractor steering sectors , back wheels truck wheels have got up to me I guess.

Are you drinking plenty of water?   Because on a wild  chance, it could be gout.  Hurts like a knife, like you tore a muscle. 

It can set in any joints  And dehydration sets it off quick.  

• Like 7

1 hour ago, hardtail said:

If anyone wants to hear the story about what cannibus did for my brother Bill when he was in stage 4 pancreatic cancer, pm me.

• Like 1

I fell off my shop roof finishing up the top capping in 2003 in November on frozen ground, broke the heel on one foot and 3 toes in 5 places on the other, I was off work for 5 weeks and thought about every step I took for the next 5 years. Wear good footwear with cushioning support especially if you are on concrete or eneven surfaces, my heel will bother me driving there is a lot of pressure on a small area, if you have a bone spur that can be very uncomfortable. It’s been 18 years now and it’s probably as good as it’s ever going to be, expecting to slowly go backwards again, balance isn’t the same and I don’t run anywhere.

• Like 3

I have a lot of experience with that. Got to the point I could not hardy drive. Slowly coming up on a stop sign and or stopped cars I would feather the accelerator a little and slide the shifter  to neutral.  Then put both feet on the brake pedal and push as hard as I thought I could stand. Always kept a lot of distance but sometimes it was not enough. Just had to take the pain and mash the pedal. 

Get a plastic bottle like a 2 liter or a slightly smaller one. Fill it 80% with water and put it in the freezer. 20 minutes in front of your heals every day before bed. Google streatching exersizes. Two minutes front of the foot on a step is good. More is not better. First thing every morning do the towel streach or feet three feet from the wall and and push for 1 minute.  Every time you get up from sitting do a ten second streach. Quite swinging out of cabs and bouncing off the ground or any similar activity. 

When a doctor wants to do surgery get a second opinion.  Wish I had done that! 

There are anti inflamaitories that can make you feel like superman. Doc forgot to tell me that was just temperary. I went like I was a teenager and was worse off than in the beginning.

• Like 1

Got a lot of the above, had plantar, the workout 1066 gives you is perfect, one thing to remember is it will hurt but that is the stretch, I never went the surgery route because the workouts did the job, anti inflammatory do some good, I’ve gone through three knee replacements and my left shoulder rebuilt, waiting game to have my right ankle replaced, I have RA in both hands, and my right shoulder and back are constantly aching, I have periodic stabbing pains in the joints of my right little toe and my right big toe, these are reminiscent of stabbing a red hot knife into them every 20 seconds, these usually last 24 to 48 hours, it’s a complain sleeping with it, I’ve gone the cbd route along with the gummy choice neither had any thc but it did nada.

T 1 Tylenol is the only thing that sort of gives me some help, I even tried percs to no avail, as for the suggestion of gout I’ve looked it up and it could be but I don’t have a lot of knowledge on it, diet has a lot to do with gout and it’s perameters don’t fit me, the hydration point is valid as that affects me with cramps and the commonly named (charley horse). 

For me watching my weight is a HUGE consideration, but with the ankle collapse and the damage beyond medicine help it’s a waiting game til Xmas for the replacement.

You can try tommy copper or such expansion wear I have some luck with that especially my hands, one thing, at my age I expected this to happen especially with my history, but I’m mobile with a cane and driving doesn’t affect me at all, and my health is good and my brain still works (ok peanut gallery no comments needed) good luck and let us know how the plantar fasciitis is behaving because that one hurts, take care.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Geez Jake.....thats a helluva note......unlike you..my brain has never been in control of the rest of me...thus I have the odd ache and a bit of back pain...but nothing  ..like nothing you  have garnered over the years.....

...and Dale...I hurt myself a bit at age 35...(check   picture...)and prior to that I had skinned ..literally, thousands of opossums.     All done when the animals were cold...(can't skin them whilst warm........if you are after skins.....)....so the day I took an excavator a nd "dozer '   down to a seven month job...and was introduced to the  ubiquitous   "'Quad Bike "....My right thumb   hurt so much , that I could not activate the wee  lever on the right handle bar...to make the thing move...had to use the ''heel'' of my hand...which, given the road I had to build was eight miles long....and the quad bike was the 'main mode of transport''..for the job.  Not the best way to control a  quad , when the drop over the side batter was around 600 feet.... Both of my hands were always sore, particularly the thumbs, because of 'punching '  the skin off those opossums, using fingers and thumbs for the main part....

The bloke I was working for had been a regular Docter...but had given his practice away in favour   of ''natural healing''....and the day I started that job, he had to do the long winding road into the nearest town....and  among the weeks supplies was a big "ginger root...He said eat a tablespoon of this every morning...with porridge/cereal  fruit...whatever...I did.....after about 6 weeks  , I noticed my fingers were not hurting...after about three months I could use my thumb   on the quad throttle.... after six months or so, I noticed the left knee,  the 'joint' of  which had been torn apart in that truck stupidity. along with the ankle....didn't seem to bother me as much....now after many years of eating this ginger.....and that knee replaced with one made in Indiana...and aged 78..I am still working ...and my thumbs are so strong ..I can be lifted up , by a young strong bloke...just holding my thumbs....No bloody pills...but dedicated to the Ginger Root.....tastes like bloody awfull.....and you talk like Elmer Fudd for a few minutes after eating it..but great stuff ...and I was logging untill three years ago, when pulling the chokers and main line off the D5H  skidder, just go to tough...just machine operating now....

Mike

post-157-1223753672.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, 1066 Peterbilt said:

Get a plastic bottle like a 2 liter or a slightly smaller one. Fill it 80% with water and put it in the freezer. 20 minutes in front of your heals every day before bed. Google streatching exersizes. Two minutes front of the foot on a step is good. More is not better. First thing every morning do the towel streach or feet three feet from the wall and and push for 1 minute.  Every time you get up from sitting do a ten second streach. Quite swinging out of cabs and bouncing off the ground or any similar activity. 

5 hours ago, Dasnake said:

I’ve gone the cbd route along with the gummy choice neither had any thc but it did nada.

Stretching as described and topical application of cannabis butter works for me.  If cannabis butter is not available, you might get some relief with aspercreme or tiger's balm. 

Stretching the calf muscles and hamstrings will also relieve some tightness - just don't stretch to the point of pain.

As mentioned above, stay hydrated.

Good luck with your treatment.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mike newman said:

Geez Jake.....thats a helluva note......unlike you..my brain has never been in control of the rest of me...thus I have the odd ache and a bit of back pain...but nothing  ..like nothing you  have garnered over the years.....

...and Dale...I hurt myself a bit at age 35...(check   picture...)and prior to that I had skinned ..literally, thousands of opossums.     All done when the animals were cold...(can't skin them whilst warm........if you are after skins.....)....so the day I took an excavator a nd "dozer '   down to a seven month job...and was introduced to the  ubiquitous   "'Quad Bike "....My right thumb   hurt so much , that I could not activate the wee  lever on the right handle bar...to make the thing move...had to use the ''heel'' of my hand...which, given the road I had to build was eight miles long....and the quad bike was the 'main mode of transport''..for the job.  Not the best way to control a  quad , when the drop over the side batter was around 600 feet.... Both of my hands were always sore, particularly the thumbs, because of 'punching '  the skin off those opossums, using fingers and thumbs for the main part....

The bloke I was working for had been a regular Docter...but had given his practice away in favour   of ''natural healing''....and the day I started that job, he had to do the long winding road into the nearest town....and  among the weeks supplies was a big "ginger root...He said eat a tablespoon of this every morning...with porridge/cereal  fruit...whatever...I did.....after about 6 weeks  , I noticed my fingers were not hurting...after about three months I could use my thumb   on the quad throttle.... after six months or so, I noticed the left knee,  the 'joint' of  which had been torn apart in that truck stupidity. along with the ankle....didn't seem to bother me as much....now after many years of eating this ginger.....and that knee replaced with one made in Indiana...and aged 78..I am still working ...and my thumbs are so strong ..I can be lifted up , by a young strong bloke...just holding my thumbs....No bloody pills...but dedicated to the Ginger Root.....tastes like bloody awfull.....and you talk like Elmer Fudd for a few minutes after eating it..but great stuff ...and I was logging untill three years ago, when pulling the chokers and main line off the D5H  skidder, just go to tough...just machine operating now....

Mike

post-157-1223753672.jpg

Good thing the steering wheel was on the wrong side!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, mike newman said:

and that knee replaced with one made in Indiana

Sounds like a Zimmer Knee they been making implants way longer than the other manufactures 

I know what you are going through, I have be in two bad motorcycle wrecks used to jump off truck bodys and bulldozers  and worked on concrete floors most of my life

About six months ago I started taking Balance of Nature, don't ask me how it works 

I can say that has helped me a lot 

• Like 3

Thanks you guys for the answers. I will try the stretching instructions and probably just plain drink more water. As for the Dr appt it is mild discomfort I would say not a major problem but common one so I thought you guys would have some remedies on here.

Can't really say anything on the foot pain it took me about 30 years on concrete to figure out good shoes are a must. It worked on my back,

My unsolved issue is two wore out double jointed thumbs sometimes I will get a stabbing pain , dropping wrenches , coffee cups etc. So far I haven't dropped anything heavy

36 minutes ago, dale560 said:

Thanks you guys for the answers. I will try the stretching instructions and probably just plain drink more water. As for the Dr appt it is mild discomfort I would say not a major problem but common one so I thought you guys would have some remedies on here.

I agree some good suggestions here that won't hurt to try. Just thought if you had a good Dr nearby it might be good to cover all your bases and make sure there wasn't  a bigger root cause. I think we all have aches and pains as we get older, I know I'm getting some. I don't really like going to Dr all that much either and not always impressed with our locals, but once in a while they  catch something.

• Like 1

If its plantar F in morn it will be hard to walk when u get outa bed. It will loosen up after 5 mins walking. Anti inflamatories before bed like ibuprofen or naproxen - advil/alieve. I had had to switch to hooka shoes for daily use 

Stopped consuming sugar on a daily basis oct 2019 - dropped 30lbs - all hv helped - use monk fruit for sweetner now 

Ditto on the hydration 

Cherries are good for gout 

Eliminating all grains from your diet will get rid of joint pain and arthritis. They are a major inflammatory along with all sugar which also causes inflammation along with high blood pressure and plaque in arteries. Try eating carnivore or paleo for a week see what happens. No dr required. 

• Like 1