IH 5088 Straight Drawbar

We’ve pretty much stopped using our 50 for anything heavy - just for running our Vermeer 605 Super M baler.  It has a step up/down drawbar that in the down position drags hay & in the up position binds the baler PTO.  Any problem with replacing it with a straight drawbar such as what’s on a 1066?  If ok to do then where best to get a good straight drawbar that will slide in and easily replace the factory step up/down drawbar?  Thanks!

9 minutes ago, ComancheStarFarms said:

We’ve pretty much stopped using our 50 for anything heavy - just for running our Vermeer 605 Super M baler.  It has a step up/down drawbar that in the down position drags hay & in the up position binds the baler PTO.  Any problem with replacing it with a straight drawbar such as what’s on a 1066?  If ok to do then where best to get a good straight drawbar that will slide in and easily replace the factory step up/down drawbar?  Thanks!

i havent ran mine in the step up position yet, but fixn too, its too low when i disc and the front digs too deep and leaves a strip even when cranking down the tongue handle adjustment 

i woudl think a straight bar would be fine, how about running it on the 3 point arms? does anyone do that with implements ? any issues with doing that other than getting the pto to fit with the different distance ? You will have to fabricate something to keep the 3 point bar from rotating but since its cat 3 its plenty stout but ive never done it so not sure if its advisable? 

Not sure of your location but I have one in SW Iowa at Oakland, Imwould sell.

I think it's going to be the same as the Magnums but I can be wrong. We have got some aftermarket at the local Case IH dealer