IH 5088 Straight Drawbar

We’ve pretty much stopped using our 50 for anything heavy - just for running our Vermeer 605 Super M baler.  It has a step up/down drawbar that in the down position drags hay & in the up position binds the baler PTO.  Any problem with replacing it with a straight drawbar such as what’s on a 1066?  If ok to do then where best to get a good straight drawbar that will slide in and easily replace the factory step up/down drawbar?  Thanks!

Is this a 540 pto on your baler? Im assuming it is if it doesn't work in the up position. I don't know what a straight drawbar would hurt if it doesn't interfere with the pto. A buddy of mine did that on his. 

I can’t come up with a bad reason for going to a straight drawbar - - unless it is difficult to find one in good shape that easily slides in & bolts on.  Are straight drawbars for a 5088 easy to find & install with no modifications?  What is a fair price for one?  Thanks!

I retro fitted a john deere 4440 drawbar to my 1086 so i could use the hammer strap features

Southern Indiana about halfway between Louisville & Indianapolis.  Not to far away from Cummins in Columbus, Indiana.  But we do a lot of traveling between Longmont Colorado & Lawton Oklahoma.  Does any of that put me close to you? Thanks, Jonathan 

13 hours ago, ComancheStarFarms said:

Southern Indiana about halfway between Louisville & Indianapolis.  Not to far away from Cummins in Columbus, Indiana.  But we do a lot of traveling between Longmont Colorado & Lawton Oklahoma.  Does any of that put me close to you? Thanks, Jonathan 

I am in SWMN so not real close. 

7 hours ago, ComancheStarFarms said:

I appreciate the offer though.  I picked up a nice 660 near Slayton when we used to live in GF, ND 30 years ago.  Neighbor here in southern Indiana still has it.  You’re in some great farm country.  Jonathan 

We are by Canby. Still a few diamond in the roughs around.