Jump to content

Updating loader to SSQA


CC_Ranger
 Share

Recommended Posts

Thanks to a forum meeting I got a line on a skid steer adapters for my older 1984 Kubota L275. It was delivered last week and I went to mount it yesterday. From all the things I heard, getting the old pins out of the bucket was going to be the worst part of the job. After getting out the coffee pins the loader pins popped out very easily. Lined up the adapter put in the lower pins without an issue and that is when the fun started! The new pins I got from Kubota are just a hair too big to fit into the holes on the end of the cylinders for the bucket curl arms. I got them in about an inch, but that was it. I stopped beating on them before I beat up the ends of the pins, or damaged the cylinders or the adapter. Any ideas ? I tried polishing them down a bit with my little belt sander, but that didn't seem to help. I might run them around on the grinding wheel, but thought I would try here for ideas first. I guess I could take the dremel to the inside of the cylinder ends.

Give me your thoughts. The pins are the factory recommended ones for the ssqa application.

Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had the same issue with my new loader bucket on the B8200.  I honed the hole very lightly and it worked 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Use a reamer to get clearance in the cylinder holes . Much better for the end result this way

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...