Original 826 gold demonstrator

Brother stopped to put gas in last night and I turned off to go to my house. This morning he tells me at the diesel pump was a semi of collector tractors coming back from a local area show. On back was a 0riginal gold demo 826. The gold was faded to brown but it definitely was original. Owned now by a guy here in North Dakota. Story was it came out of Oklahoma or southern Kansas with 3800 hours. Owner bought it in western ND for 5000 dollars. Brother said factory fenders were extremely straight and drawbar plus 3 pt were hardly any wear. Looked to have had something mounted on front like a cultivator  ost of its life. Sorry no pictures but every now and then you run across those original tractors.

• Like 3

I was told awhile back, there’s a 1456 gold demo in my area, but I can’t seem to find it?! Guy said it’s in my back yard, well my back yard must be really big, cause I’m not sure who, or where it was located?!

You’ll have to wave at my 1256 wheatland as it goes by your area today! Sounds like it will be here tomorrow from just north of you!

59 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

There ALL Gold demos.

All it takes is some paint. 

This one was a original. It was faded like a tractor from Kansas would be but definitely a original unmolested one.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Farmall1066 said:

I was told awhile back, there’s a 1456 gold demo in my area, but I can’t seem to find it?! Guy said it’s in my back yard, well my back yard must be really big, cause I’m not sure who, or where it was located?!

You’ll have to wave at my 1256 wheatland as it goes by your area today! Sounds like it will be here tomorrow from just north of you!

If I see it I will wave at it. There are a few 1256 standards out here working yet.

My Buddy’s Dad had an 826 gold demo in the 80’s that had never been painted red. He got bit in the 80’s like so many others and the tractor left. 

I have an original gold demonstrator 826 but it's red now. The steering post is still black and there is gold showing in spots.

My neighbors bought it new. They always bragged how they got to the dealer because nobody wanted a gold tractor. They had the dealer paint the hoods and fenders red. They sold it to another neighbor and I bought it from him. 

20210329_121912.jpg

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, acem said:

I have an original gold demonstrator 826 but it's red now. The steering post is still black and there is gold showing in spots.

My neighbors bought it new. They always bragged how they got to the dealer because nobody wanted a gold tractor. They had the dealer paint the hoods and fenders red. They sold it to another neighbor and I bought it from him. 

20210329_121912.jpg

Pretty tractor and pretty cow in the background 

That's why I mentioned it. Our cool season forages stay green all winter. They even grow on warmer days.

It is possible to graze 365 days a year.  However its much more practical and profitable to have a goal of 300 days of grazing. I know some people who graze over the winter but feed hay during summer droughts. They have alot of mountain pastures that have shadow soil and excessive drainage. Fescue will grow year around but becomes infested with a toxic endofite during the warm months.

Thx