Not sure this is the correct way to sell

Duntongw

You can remove all the windows and doors on the year-a-round cab can't you? That beats a lot of other brands, for summer use. Still a great story!?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, rjpont said:

You can remove all the windows and doors on the year-a-round cab can't you? That beats a lot of other brands, for summer use. Still a great story!?

That is correct. They just slide out of the hinge. When we put ours on the 1256 it was ordered with ac. Didn’t really work that well from day 1. Dad worked on it and we even had a couple different people look at it trying to get it to work. Finally gave up on it and the doors and windows came off for summer work and back on for fall and winter work. 

• Like 2

I have YAR cabs on the 966, 784, one 656, a Hinson on the 1456, and a Hiniker on the White 2-105 that I sold. Simple matter to take the doors off for summer use, and earmuffs are relatively inexpensive. Every tractor has a dedicated set that stays with the tractor. And the cabs sure beat baking in the hot sun, or freezing in a 15* snowstorm. 

• Like 3

I hate the sun, cabs and canopies are really appealing to me, hot or not, it’s out of the sun. 

• Like 2

I see the cab listing is pending, so someone jumped at it.....

• Like 1

Yea, there is a lot of truth there though.  If’n I didn’t run my Year A Round equipped tractor year around for feeding I would toss that oven/echo chamber off in a heartbeat.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gearclash said:

Yea, there is a lot of truth there though.  If’n I didn’t run my Year A Round equipped tractor year around for feeding I would toss that oven/echo chamber off in a heartbeat.

+1............Had the seller taken the doors off and laid them along side of the cab, it would have sold in minutes.................Locals take the doors off everything, I fixed 2 doors this year so far off Deere Owl cages, they were tweaked and frames were broken.  Me being me, said well, not sure if now is a good time, its going to get hot out and with the little guy at home with me most of the day, any metal working is out so I am not sure if I can have it done any time soon so you can get it back on to use the AC.........................Then I get the aggrivated look with the "What do you mean?  That door is off for the whole summer every summer!....................."  Couldn't imagine it, but that is me..............

• Like 1

I'll be the odd man out and agree with the seller. I'd rather ride in the open than one of them. Especially in warm weather. Heck I dislike IH Deluxe cabs on the 66 series. If I'm going to have a cab. Give me a decent one or the h--l with it, I'll ride in the open. At least my ears aren't ringing when I'm done running it. And trust me, we do are time running open stations throughout the year around here. Must be a hardy family I guess. 

Great Grandpa built a cab to put on his 806 that we later had for a bit after he quit farming and we took over. Good thing no one ever rolled it or they would have been crushed in that beer can of a cab. Only ventilation was a 12 volt fan mounted on a bracket on the dash that plugged into the cigarette lighter. No heat, obviously no air conditioning. Couldn't see squat out of it. Sold that tractor off before I had the say around here or that damn thing would have been off. It would have been off by now if we still had the tractor.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TP from Central PA said:

+1............Had the seller taken the doors off and laid them along side of the cab, it would have sold in minutes.................Locals take the doors off everything, I fixed 2 doors this year so far off Deere Owl cages, they were tweaked and frames were broken.  Me being me, said well, not sure if now is a good time, its going to get hot out and with the little guy at home with me most of the day, any metal working is out so I am not sure if I can have it done any time soon so you can get it back on to use the AC.........................Then I get the aggrivated look with the "What do you mean?  That door is off for the whole summer every summer!....................."  Couldn't imagine it, but that is me..............

I notice that about the cabbed tractors in New York and Pennsylvania. Everything I see, the doors are off. The doors must come off as soon as they hit the property i swear. 

Do the doors come off the houses to when it gets warm out?

Always hated cabs on everything---- even combines!

Nope learned in the Army that being cold and wet happens naturally. Being comfortable you have to work at. So give me a cab with heat and AC!

Rick

2 hours ago, Reichow7120 said:

I notice that about the cabbed tractors in New York and Pennsylvania. Everything I see, the doors are off. The doors must come off as soon as they hit the property i swear. 

Do the doors come off the houses to when it gets warm out?

Who knows...........Its a big joke here at this place.  My old man always said it never made any sense to him that everyone crying poverty, somehow bought a new or almost new tractor with a cab that were very nice, was awesome until the AC acted up, then it was junk and the doors were taken off..............couldn't afford to fix it?  Now how did you get it in the first place then?  Should have saved that extra and bought a open or 4 post to start with right?  Then we had a local guy who worked on most of them, and clearly didn't know what he was doing, and was enjoying pocketing all this cash by just putting cans of freon in when in fact the system had issues, so he did that for awhile until owners got mad sinking all this money into them, and he would tell them to just take the doors off and they went along with it.  Just couldn't imagine it................Still that way too.......All these guys around me have all these toys........Trucks/campers/UTV's/snowmobiles/etc but go out and eat dust and sweat every day because the AC system is to "Expensive" to fix..................Then you bring this up and all of a sudden the AC makes them sick so just the shade/breeze is better..............before they jump in their pickup and turn it on there.:lol:  My brother did bring up a good point one time though...............Couldn't cool the cab anyhow, too much hot air:lol:

2 hours ago, TP from Central PA said:

Who knows...........Its a big joke here at this place.  My old man always said it never made any sense to him that everyone crying poverty, somehow bought a new or almost new tractor with a cab that were very nice, was awesome until the AC acted up, then it was junk and the doors were taken off..............couldn't afford to fix it?  Now how did you get it in the first place then?  Should have saved that extra and bought a open or 4 post to start with right?  Then we had a local guy who worked on most of them, and clearly didn't know what he was doing, and was enjoying pocketing all this cash by just putting cans of freon in when in fact the system had issues, so he did that for awhile until owners got mad sinking all this money into them, and he would tell them to just take the doors off and they went along with it.  Just couldn't imagine it................Still that way too.......All these guys around me have all these toys........Trucks/campers/UTV's/snowmobiles/etc but go out and eat dust and sweat every day because the AC system is to "Expensive" to fix..................Then you bring this up and all of a sudden the AC makes them sick so just the shade/breeze is better..............before they jump in their pickup and turn it on there.:lol:  My brother did bring up a good point one time though...............Couldn't cool the cab anyhow, too much hot air:lol:

From what you describe, your area must definitely dance to a different drum so to speak. They claim to be broke tight wads but in reality they would rather spend their money on their toys than their tools so to speak. 

I used to think we were different in my area. You guys got us beat. Other than one dairy farm that beats everything to death. I can't think of a single cabbed tractor with the doors off. Like you said. If you weren't going to utilize the cab right. They wouldn't buy it. You were on a open station. End of discussion 

Send them in my neck of the woods and they would have gotten schooled on what a true tight wad is. Too broke to fix it right,  fine but you better not show up with toys either. On this place. My Grandpa was the king cheap skate. Stuff got fixed on the cheap if possible. But I'll say this. He didn't have any extra toys either. If it wasn't making him money. It didn't need to be around. His children and a few grandchildren included. In all our broke years. We never took a door off of a cab tractor. AC got fixed. Period.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reichow7120 said:

From what you describe, your area must definitely dance to a different drum so to speak. They claim to be broke tight wads but in reality they would rather spend their money on their toys than their tools so to speak. 

I used to think we were different in my area. You guys got us beat. Other than one dairy farm that beats everything to death. I can't think of a single cabbed tractor with the doors off. Like you said. If you weren't going to utilize the cab right. They wouldn't buy it. You were on a open station. End of discussion 

Send them in my neck of the woods and they would have gotten schooled on what a true tight wad is. Too broke to fix it right,  fine but you better not show up with toys either. On this place. My Grandpa was the king cheap skate. Stuff got fixed on the cheap if possible. But I'll say this. He didn't have any extra toys either. If it wasn't making him money. It didn't need to be around. His children and a few grandchildren included. In all our broke years. We never took a door off of a cab tractor. AC got fixed. Period.

Yeah, definitely unique here.................what ever floats your boat, but it makes no sense to me.  This is just one thing of many that spins my gears with the locals...............Got one now that has a 4020 on 18.4x38's with brand new bias firestones on it that are full of fluid, rear weights, 4 or 6 front weights, canopy on it that claims it is too light to run a little 9ft side pull Gehl discbine in the hills....................BUT, has no trouble with a 4x4 baler baling baleage with a 60 hp elf Kubota that weighs less than my 560D in those same hills................Just try to wrap your head around that?????  Have group text messages at night with other locals tractor shopping..................I told him a 8400 Deere MIGHT just be big enough................:rolleyes:

19 hours ago, oldtanker said:

Nope learned in the Army that being cold and wet happens naturally. Being comfortable you have to work at. So give me a cab with heat and AC!

Rick

I’m with you I work in a foundry I know a little about being hot . If my air quits I’m all over getting it fixed . 

22 hours ago, Reichow7120 said:

If I'm going to have a cab. Give me a decent one or the h--l with it, I'll ride in the open.

My sentiment as well.  I have spent plenty of time on open station tractors, did time in a factory 66 cab with no cold air (but it DID have doors and windows LOL!), spent a lot of time in a Barkow cab on an old Case wheel loader (no air either);  now most of my cab time is in a modern cab with air and heat.  Unless I am just going to be in and out fairly quickly I would rather have no cab at all than an uncomfortably hot, noisy, and in some cases a visually obstructive cab.  Shucks, I don’t even want a cab on a skid steer, no matter how nice it is.  Not for the stuff I do.  More liability than asset.