Odd two point....

mikem

Prowling through a sale bill, and found a 560 for parts, with an odd, (to me), two point.

Ring any bells with anyone???

img.jpg.7dfe4a412c4e23b2bd92484f5e08cecf.jpg

Mike

4 minutes ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

It is a 400 2 point hitch, modified to fit on the 560.

you beat me to it, though I would have given credit to the Farmall 300 fast hitch that I grew up with. 

• Like 1

I wonder if they beefed it up somehow where the top bolts down to the transmission cover

Swinging draw bar for fast hitch was an option correct? I have 1 I picked up from somewhere. Thinking it is for a 300 or 350 utility for some reason. I'd like to get rid of it as I have no use for it. Tho I suppose I could modify it to fit the 560....

I have a parts 400 fast hitch that has a swinging drawbar. 

• Like 1

our 400 had the early dual cylinder fast hitch on it, i kinda like it, it was nice being able to lift things a little higher at times with the angle/tilt of the second cylinder

it didnt have the swinging part like that tho

6 hours ago, searcyfarms said:

our 400 had the early dual cylinder fast hitch on it, i kinda like it, it was nice being able to lift things a little higher at times with the angle/tilt of the second cylinder

it didnt have the swinging part like that tho

I spent a lot of time plowing with that setup on the 300. Hands down, you could control plow depth way better and easier with the front cylinder, compared to the "new improved" system IH replaced it with.

• Like 1

This setup has a horizontal second cylinder underneath the RR axle.

How did that work with two cylinders?

2 hours ago, ny bill o said:

I spent a lot of time plowing with that setup on the 300. Hands down, you could control plow depth way better and easier with the front cylinder, compared to the "new improved" system IH replaced it with.

I thought that early style was better all around.................

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Diesel Doctor said:

This setup has a horizontal second cylinder underneath the RR axle.

How did that work with two cylinders?

yes sir just like above s @ny bill o said, sounds like the same one we had but ours did not have the sway kit on it like yours - that horizontal cylinder you speak of is what i am talking about, they are less common and the EARLY style 2 pt fast hitch on the 400s. Then came the single cyl version of it, then came the tel-a-depth on the 460/560 which i wouldnt give you a plug nickle for. 

i love the down pressure of the 2 pt fast hitch on the earlier tractors, easy to jack up the rear of the tractor to fix tire or waht not, and scrape/lower till you loose traction and apply more incentive when doing stubborn work. I dont even care for the 2 point on my 706 as it doesnt have down pressure either. 

3 points are no good for that either - you have to have substantial implements and substantial tractors of GREAT size to do the work you could do with a fast hitch without the large tractor or implement

as for plowing, you could leave the pin in on the left side at the top of the shaft above the vertical cyl and stop the tractor or let it float by pulling the pin. 

we plowed both ways depending on the situation and soil. 

45 minutes ago, 806frank said:

I have a 2and 3 bottom plow for that type hitch can’t get them to work on later style fast hitch need that extra cylinder to adjust pitch don’t have a 300 or 400 anymore plows need new home

on the later style you have to pull the pins on the fast hitch arms to allow them to articulate and the plow will work - i have a 3 bottom i use on my 706 fast hitch 

regardless of style for plowing there are pins to pull on the arms or vertical rod to allow hitch to float to get plow to go into ground 

just plowed with mine last fall and it helped my garden tremendously - and I even have a tiller for my tractor 

16 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

I thought that early style was better all around.................

obviously some enjanear with some fancy ejumakshun had some BETTER IDEA and said it wasnt then a few yrs later another new enjuneer came along and made the tel-a-depth then some other njanear came along and and said to heck with it all lets use 3 point for everything - yea yea yea thats perfect