Heat And Humidity

Finney

It’s 6:24pm here and the thermometer says 93° and feels 104° with the humidity. I’ve been out all day and haven’t had any trouble sweating. I think I saw as high as 99° at one point.   

• Sad 1

This younger fat boy has had enough of it too. Been on service calls most all week and barely been in the shop where there is a fan. Spent most of the last two days mowing hay on my open station tractor. Still have a full day baling with it tomorrow and then another week of road calls. O well it is summer after all. I don't have to like it just have to put up with it.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, WishIhada1466 said:

This younger fat boy has had enough of it too. Been on service calls most all week and barely been in the shop where there is a fan. Spent most of the last two days mowing hay on my open station tractor. Still have a full day baling with it tomorrow and then another week of road calls. O well it is summer after all. I don't have to like it just have to put up with it.

I get nervous just thinking about making hay on an open station tractor. If it was just the heat, I could stand that. It’s the bumble bees that I can’t take. 

• Like 2

hot here, was out from 9 to 300 working on stuff in shop, had shade but i was dripping - came in and rested for an hour then back out till dark, showered and trying to wind down, didnt look at thermometer I didnt want to know then i would prob feel worse and complain to my dog more 

• Haha 2

Weeds aren't dying as quick as they should after spraying either.

Heat here but not humidity.  Looked at the weather mid afternoon and it was around 90* but only 19% humidity.  That is all but unheard of here as we approach mid June.

5 hours ago, Dirt_Floor_Poor said:

It’s the bumble bees that I can’t take. 

Been there.

image.png.093e99fc7daf6336c94095d5a84806a4.png

Had one hanging off each mower and rake tractor.

Fend em off till the barn swallows get there!

Loved watching the swallows go to work. Didn't take long for the bees to hunt their hole either.

Ride of the Valkyries from Apocalypse Now?

image.png

• Like 2

..more rain here ...about five days worth.......recent rains  have stopped an earthworks job I was asked to do...solar power not offering much either !!

Mike

...Haven't   had to be bothered with "'fornicating rats in socks , " though..like the blokes in Ohio may or may not have to contend with......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nothing worse than trying to weld when it's warm out then when it's hot

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Dirt_Floor_Poor said:

I get nervous just thinking about making hay on an open station tractor. If it was just the heat, I could stand that. It’s the bumble bees that I can’t take.

6 hours ago, sandhiller said:

Loved watching the swallows go to work. Didn't take long for the bees to hunt their hole either.

Eppy pen anyone?  They want then stored below a certain temp I think it is 75. I don't think you can find a 75 degree spot on an open station in a hay field. ?

Knock on wood but I have not been stung since I started mowing with the disc mower, the bees seem confused and I know I am not the easy target like with the mower conditioner.

When the kids were smaller watching me swell into a toad was great entertainment. Doc says probably too many stings when I was little, We used to plow out red clover stubble with two lungers. You can't outrun bees with one of those,

• Like 1

We have had the heat and humidity but a front came threw last night and it is a beautiful morning with nice dry air.  A really nice change in the weather this morning.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, junkandcattle said:

Eppy pen anyone?  They want then stored below a certain temp I think it is 75. I don't think you can find a 75 degree spot on an open station in a hay field. ?

Knock on wood but I have not been stung since I started mowing with the disc mower, the bees seem confused and I know I am not the easy target like with the mower conditioner.

When the kids were smaller watching me swell into a toad was great entertainment. Doc says probably too many stings when I was little, We used to plow out red clover stubble with two lungers. You can't outrun bees with one of those,

I had a neighbor who had a terrible reaction to bee stings and he did carry something with him all summer.  I remember his wife finding him collapsed just outside their back door once from a bee sting when he got stung unexpectedly.

37 minutes ago, bitty said:

Nothing worse than trying to weld when it's warm out then when it's hot

its always a challenge for me when i weld, no matter cold or hot outside they never look any better 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, searcyfarms said:

its always a challenge for me when i weld, no matter cold or hot outside they never look any better 

Get some thicker paint, it helps me a lot

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Few days ago parts of high country in Montana had snow....

Supposed to be 100 tomorrow and 105 Tuesday.... Way to freaking hot for june

Down here in North Texas we are having Gulf Coast weather, humid enough to cut with a knife and in the middle 90's and humid, that's for Houston not Dallas.

AC is at 73 and I have stayed on indoor projects.