Race based aid..........(BJ, this is about farmers).....

dads706

Years ago there was discrimination by certain usda offices in the deep south against black farmers. Lawsuits were involved. Some restitution was made butI don't think it was completely settled. My memory is fuzzy on the details.

Some people receiving this funding  may have been involved but certainly not all. It was political when this program was started and still is.

Ultimately we cannot have equality among the various races of people until the government becomes blind to race.

I don't think it can happen until all the people who lived under segregation are dead or otherwise out of the equation. There are just too many strong memories to get over.

Thx-Ace 

Shoot. My brother in law was hoping his old black lab would get a debt bail-out. No sense in keeping him around now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, acem said:

Years ago there was discrimination by certain usda offices in the deep south against black farmers. Lawsuits were involved. Some restitution was made butI don't think it was completely settled. My memory is fuzzy on the details.

Some people receiving this funding  may have been involved but certainly not all. It was political when this program was started and still is.

Ultimately we cannot have equality among the various races of people until the government becomes blind to race.

I don't think it can happen until all the people who lived under segregation are dead or otherwise out of the equation. There are just too many strong memories to get over.

Thx-Ace 

Amen to that. I filled out a gun purchase thing on line by a dealer yesterday. One question was "mark the following: Caucasian. African American. Latino. Asian. Native American, ect" What did that have to do with buying a firearm? Boy would the roof cave in if I was selling my pickup and I had the potential buyer fill out that question.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, cedar farm said:

Shoot. My brother in law was hoping his old black lab would get a debt bail-out. No sense in keeping him around now.

Well Anthony Watts (WUWT climate things web site) has a dog that is a member of "The Union of Concerned Scientists".  

Happened when he realised that, to be a member, you didn't have to be a scientist or concerned - you only needed a valid credit card

• dads706 changed the title to Race based aid..........(BJ, this is about farmers).....
4 hours ago, cedar farm said:

Amen to that. I filled out a gun purchase thing on line by a dealer yesterday. One question was "mark the following: Caucasian. African American. Latino. Asian. Native American, ect" What did that have to do with buying a firearm? Boy would the roof cave in if I was selling my pickup and I had the potential buyer fill out that question.

Check them all

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, acem said:

Thx-Ace 

Blindness to race… like the Census should be. When that happens government while cease to exist. The division in this country has grown exponentially larger since Barry O.

Quite possibly the biggest race-baiter the country has ever seen.

• Like 5

None of the government forms should have race based questions.  If a person qualifies,  they qualify,  doesn't matter what race a person is.  God made us all,  we are all equalin His eyes.  

• Like 7

So get this, the government, in and effort to ensure all races are treated equal, makes every effort to quantify what race people are and doing what. Somewhere there is a building full of government employees that are tabulating data to see what percentage of who does what based on race.

go ahead and check them all, see how it goes. It normally upsets the bureaucracy 

Me and my brother were thinking of getting a DNA test in the hopes we had some amount of whatever the preferred race by the government is. We both have beginning farmer USDA real estate loans. I think that they said if you had the “correct” genetic makeup you could get 125% of your original loan back. 

23 hours ago, Dirt_Floor_Poor said:

Me and my brother were thinking of getting a DNA test in the hopes we had some amount of whatever the preferred race by the government is. We both have beginning farmer USDA real estate loans. I think that they said if you had the “correct” genetic makeup you could get 125% of your original loan back. 

Just tell them you identify as whatever it is that gets you 125% back. Look at the politicians who identify as an Indian, excuse me, Native American, or the white woman calling herself a black woman. Lest we forget the thing in charge at health and human services calling itself a human when we all know that isn’t possible.

You get to decide what you want to be today! 
My only thought is why can’t we “poor folk” identify as wealthy and use these politicians spending privileges as our own…??

• Like 3