Thank God for Dad's leaky excavator

KY2674

Always have a large supply of yellow buckets around so my boys came up with this. One sheet of osb stolen from mom's garage  and here you go. The 12 year old was afraid to get on but at least it got him away from the computer for a little while. 

20210611_150737.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 5

What did you do with the blue Porsche? 

I love it, ingenuity at it finest, and it’s great when anything can get kids outside.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, mmi said:

outdoors/sunlight  is better but $300 toy, can he swim?

12 yr expected to get wet 

Yes both can swim and the 12 yr old did get on. Pond is only 4-5 feet deep it's been a little dry here should be 6 feet deep. 

42 minutes ago, KY2674 said:

Yes both can swim and the 12 yr old did get on. Pond is only 4-5 feet deep it's been a little dry here should be 6 feet deep. 

I bet Mark Twain is smiling somewhere.

• Like 4

?brilliant! back in college we had school wide dorm competition events. One was a cardboard boat race, we ended up cheating and taking up a collection, bought a bunch of sono-tubes, a sleeve of duct tape and used the provided cardboard for a deck. Paddled like a barge but it floated all day and part of the next. We never ever thought of doing that there.. probably would still be floating! 

• Like 1

I used to have a tire tube out of the skidder that worked good as a raft with a piece of plywood on it. Yes there was a few nights I had a cold bath but it never slowed me down lol.  I never spent much time in the house as a kid and I’m glad for it. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, poor farmer/logger said:

I used to have a tire tube out of the skidder that worked good as a raft with a piece of plywood on it. Yes there was a few nights I had a cold bath but it never slowed me down lol.  I never spent much time in the house as a kid and I’m glad for it. 

Exactly, except for school and then work I couldn't stand being housebound, even now with mom and I having leg and mobility problems I can't stand being inside.

You can enter the Parker Tube Float tomorrow!  Their will be 100s of tubes going down the Colorado River with their Beer Coolers dragging along for refreshments.  You can bring anything that floats but nothing motorized.......  OR you can get paid to Help them out (4 hour shifts should get you pretty drunk)

May be an image of text that says 'PARKER AREA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE & TOURISM 43D ANNUAL PARKER TUBE FLOAT THIS FLOATS FOR YOU... PARKER, AZ JUNE 12TH, 2021 WWW.PARKERFUN.COM'

84241059_189132118950875_413850710060512

• Like 2

My cousins and I built one when we were kids. I was a younger one and the older cousin took charge. Started with 2 oil drums and nailed a wood deck to the drums. I didn't understand what was gonna keep the nails from pulling out but I was young so what did I know. Lasted about a minute before the drums split and 2 of them were sitting on plywood going down. We did the trial run before bible school one morning and got in trouble for that cause 2 were soaked and the rest were muddy.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Missouri Mule said:

That's a $100 sheet of plywood ?

I was thinking the same thing.  That piece of OSB costs as much as some boats.

9 minutes ago, Reichow7120 said:

I was thinking the same thing.  That piece of OSB costs as much as some boats.

Yes mother was not very happy about the boys stealing her lumber but she's even less happy about the progress I'm making on her she-shed!

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, KY2674 said:

Yes mother was not very happy about the boys stealing her lumber but she's even less happy about the progress I'm making on her she-shed!

She-shed, luv it, works great with man-cave

1 minute ago, Dasnake said:

She-shed, luv it, works great with man-cave

Problem is man-cave, garage, -shop has been finished for years and she's still waiting on she-shed! Sucks when you're outnumbered 3 to one boys to girls!