Dad had a Lincoln

Steve C.

53 minutes ago, from H to 80 said:

That is indeed a large man, he reminds me of a Kansas highway patrol that i met in the mid 80's he clocked me doing 70 on I-70 heading west. I was driving an 86 chevy 3500 and when he walked up to the window all i could see was his chest,i am 6' 4" guessing he had to be 6' 8" or better. Buddy asked me if i was going to pay the ticket or whip his Azz, we still laugh about it, oh and the ticket was 10$.

You think he looks big from that angle? I bet he looks a **** of a lot bigger from laying on the pavement with a 12 gauge pointed in your direction 

• Haha 3

wonder what there folks had to say?

If I or any of my friends had done that back in them days we would have saddle soars for a long time!!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Steve C. said:

That's great.  We're a little too close to the city to get away with that any more.  We (our local counties) occasionally get middle of the night visitors from some of the more "urban" areas north of us.

Only a couple times does that happen out here and usually it’s somebody that’s out drinking all night and gets stuck cause they don’t know the roads. My uncle got a call early one morning from okc pd about his pickup being missing.  Our local town about 25 miles away had some people escaped from a state school and showed up at his house late one night and took off in his pickup.  Okc pd spotted them cause they were driving on a blow out and after a short pursuit they got them stopped.  My uncle had no idea his pickup was gone until he got the phone call. 

We’re rural but compared to other areas it doesn’t feel like it. 

On 6/10/2021 at 7:58 PM, searcyfarms said:

I guess it was fun while it lasted - great cruisers - regarding leaving keys in car, we always left keys in cars back then, dad always said i woudl rather have them take a vehicle and leave than come in the house and bother us

Back in 1957 when Charles  Starkweather went threw Lincoln and surrounding areas killing 11 differant people they actually came on local news telling people to leave their keys in their cars . He rode the lightning chair in 59.

Over the years I have owned several of what is now called a land yachts, only when Detroit wanted to shrink cars did they become land yachts.  I had a 66 Chrysler Imperial Labaron, Real opulence, acres of stainless steel and real wood, even had power vent windows and sofa style seats.  Doors that opened wide and high roof so a person of height could easily get behind the wheel. First year for the 440. I could ride for many hours on a trip without getting beat to death. 1 finger steering and toe touch braking with set and forget AC.  Nothing I have owned since the land yacht even comes close in comfort. OK I admit it was a personal Limo.

39 minutes ago, oleman said:

Over the years I have owned several of what is now called a land yachts, only when Detroit wanted to shrink cars did they become land yachts.  I had a 66 Chrysler Imperial Labaron, Real opulence, acres of stainless steel and real wood, even had power vent windows and sofa style seats.  Doors that opened wide and high roof so a person of height could easily get behind the wheel. First year for the 440. I could ride for many hours on a trip without getting beat to death. 1 finger steering and toe touch braking with set and forget AC.  Nothing I have owned since the land yacht even comes close in comfort. OK I admit it was a personal Limo.

I always thought Ford's power steering was kind of special, as in numb, into the late '70s.  Grandpa had a big old New Yorker for a while but I wasn't of driving ate when he had it.

4 minutes ago, Steve C. said:

I always thought Ford's power steering was kind of special, as in numb, into the late '70s.  Grandpa had a big old New Yorker for a while but I wasn't of driving ate when he had it.

Most the large (all) Ford cars had hydraulic assist steering, steering hydraulic assist cylinder much like some tractors had.  On a car it was easy to steer but vague in response. All the 60's Lincolns were that way. The only GM cars that way were the early Nova family, possibly the Corvair.  The Chryslers always had integral power steering across their car line but touch was different depending on what the operator was expecting. A Dodge Charger had the same power steering box but faster ratio. I don't believe any other Chrysler was the same as the Lebaron.  

8 hours ago, lorenzo said:

Back in 1957 when Charles  Starkweather went threw Lincoln and surrounding areas killing 11 differant people they actually came on local news telling people to leave their keys in their cars . He rode the lightning chair in 59.

Boy you have some real pos down there, starkweather and fugate, I see she wants a complete parole now as of '20, and this other one nikko jensen, and down below the clutter family in kansas, blows my mind what these idiots do, they weren't the first and it just keeps up happening.