Farmall 806 serial number

needhelp

I'm starting a new post so it doesn't get lost in my previous post about my fast hitch issues. Attached is a picture of the serial number on my 806. Can someone id what the specifications were for this tractor by the serial number?

Thanks

Chris

806 serial number 1.jpg

806 serial number 2.jpg

No. The only way to know that would be to reference the line setting ticket for the tractor. Unfortunately,  they all disappeared at the factory.   I have only seen 1 in my life.

7 hours ago, needhelp said:

Thank you very much. Is there a number to determine what type of hydraulic hitch it originally came with?

Chris

You can look for clues: the mounting brackets for locking up the fast hitch, and two piece drawbar come to mind. But that can easily be changed.

6 hours ago, brewcrew said:

You can look for clues: the mounting brackets for locking up the fast hitch, and two piece drawbar come to mind. But that can easily be changed.

In 1973 I worked for our local IH dealership, I lived 3 miles from this Dealership,  The owner also went to our Church.

Al Galloway Tractor Salvage Yard was in Saint Johns, Michigan,  That Salvage Yard Had a "Large" inventory of IH parts, a 45 minutes drive from Charlotte

When Our  Dealership Had a "Trade In", an 806 for example,  And one of the sales men Knew of a potential Buyer, with a Detailed list of options.

That 806 Diesel may have arrived as a Fast hitch, 34 inch Goodyear Rear tires,  Narrow front,  with corn picker mounting brackets.

The dealership would install a used 3 Point hitch, Wide front, Flat top fenders, and usually 38" Cast centers and New rear tires, 

Your 806 is Part of our American History,  No one on this earth will be able to tell you the history of your 806,  Enjoy the tractor, Its Part of your history Now!!

Jim Droscha

• Like 1

We mowed the last two days pulling a 12' mower. The 806 ran great. As stated in a prior post, the fast hitch isn't working properly. We don't want to change things, just repair those items and do it properly. Now that the mowing is done we can start working on them following the advice we were given. here is the 806 at work.

Chris

806 mowing.jpg

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, brahamfireman said:

9 times out of 10 a fast hitch tractor that gets converted to 3 point, doesn't get the front drawer mount changed, they are different between the 2, easiest way to tell.

Oh I C the casting where you drive the 10" pin thru and then a roll pin thru that? On 13118 we always had that darn roll pin breaking and then the whole front of the fast hitch fall down about 3 inches. Never had much trouble with it on 673. Should have checked on 24771 but didn't know to check and have sold it. 

4 hours ago, hagan said:

Oh I C the casting where you drive the 10" pin thru and then a roll pin thru that? On 13118 we always had that darn roll pin breaking and then the whole front of the fast hitch fall down about 3 inches. Never had much trouble with it on 673. Should have checked on 24771 but didn't know to check and have sold it. 

Top is straight drawbar.

Bottom is an 806 fast hitch that's been converted. 

20210613_110347.jpg

20210613_110443.jpg

• Like 1

The bottom bracket is correct for all three hitch styles of the 706,806 ,756 ,826 and 856, standard drawbar , fasthitch, and 3pt . the bracket in the top picture was introduced with the 1206 along with the cat 3 3 point.  I referenced an original 826,and parts manuals TC 99, TC 100, TC 127 ,TC 132 AND TC115 ( 1206)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1