Class 8 truck values??

Ihfan4life

I’d check out truck paper. I know that’s not what you meant but I don’t know of a place that gives you values of trucks. Truck paper can get you close on asking prices of similar trucks

Expensive!! 2008 through 2017 are the cheapest, but you really suffer reliablity

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, 1066 Peterbilt said:

Looks like Lazy has things in the correct order. I am trying.

We had better luck with the trucks that used DEF then the ones a year or two earlier. 

Because these newer trucks are discounted so much we went that route of buying them and getting the emissions deleted instead of trying to find a pre emissions truck that is super expensive or been run to death.  

• Like 1

Sounds good. Hope you had a good programmer. 

Be careful where you go. A friend of mine got pulled in for a emissions exhaust test in Pa. 1995? C/O Peterbilt N14. One million four hundred thousand miles and he left with a go sticker on the windshield.

1 hour ago, Big Bud guy said:

Because these newer trucks are discounted so much we went that route of buying them and getting the emissions deleted instead of trying to find a pre emissions truck that is super expensive or been run to death.  

Pre emissions truck is an old truck by now.  I think your on the right track.  A quality delete and reasonable HP those trucks will run a long time.  They have beefed the engines up a lot is my understanding to handle the soot load from the EGR.  Somebody needs to come out with a kit to swap a reliable engine into a truck with a maxx force.  They can’t hardly give those trucks away from the looks of the prices they put on them.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jass1660 said:

This would cure 95% of the emission problems but too many morons would rather complain and run illegal engines.

https://redneckdieselperformance.com/products/copy-of-max-mileage-fuel-born-catalyst

Heard the sales pitch and testimonials, been thinking about trying a gallon.

Maybe oughta just get one comin. 

If it works, great. I like easy.

If not, well, any education I ever got came with a price tag

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jass1660 said:

This would cure 95% of the emission problems but too many morons would rather complain and run illegal engines.

https://redneckdieselperformance.com/products/copy-of-max-mileage-fuel-born-catalyst

I am seriously thinking about trying this in new F550 they got me at work.  Lots of emissions problems get out of hand from operators/ drivers not recognizing when something is wrong or knowing how to operate it correctly.  Example operator didn’t know to not shut Skidsteer off when regen light is on.  Once this was explained 2 years ago have not had one problem since.  Payloader had a plugged tube to an exhaust pressure sensor.  Operator tells me this is not running right smoking a lot.  Seems like this would generate a stop engine code or a derate but no.  Caterpillar corrected problem but it had not been running regen cycle because of this sensor.  Fours hours of forced regen later it was good to go.  Caterpillar tech told me most guys just run them until they absolutely will not go anymore.    Not saying emissions engines are not without more than their fare share of problems.  

I’ve heard the woman chemist that developed this on the radio and it’s pretty straightforward. In rease temp and burn more carbon up in cylinder first time it never gets recirculated. You can even ise it in gas engines. 

Interesting stuff. As far as educating operators....excessive idling is still one of the biggest problems with emission system problems. Since most of CNH's engine technology comes from Europe, they have always hammered on us that North Americans spend way too much time with engines at an idle...and I would tend to agree with them. Idling an engine does just as much damage as anything. Engines and emissions systems work best when everything is working hard and up to operating temperature.

Has anyone tried OptiSpray by Yara? Supposed to be a cleaner version of DEF that isn't supposed leave all the deposits/crystallizing at the DEF injector when operating under cooler exhaust temperatures. Looks like it might be a good product for loader tractors in the winter time that never really get up to full operating temperature.

I totally believe that an auction sell price is the best check.  An auction such as Purplewave lists the price that someone actually paid for the item. With a fairly good item description.  BUT as in real estate it is location. location. location.

• Like 1