Mobile home wheel install

Dasnake

Got a question for you shop guys, install guys, or trailers guys.

Take a mobile single wide with no wheels and have wheels installed to make it movable, what price range would supply and install cost.

There are rules I guess to cover safety, so I’m talking a job that would get a trailer out and reparked.

I've moved several Alabama houses(Mobile homes). It's alot of work. Permits are required if you get on the highway.

Professionals charge a couple grand round here.

Thx-Ace 

5 minutes ago, acem said:

I've moved several Alabama houses(Mobile homes). It's alot of work. Permits are required if you get on the highway.

Professionals charge a couple grand round here.

Thx-Ace 

Thanx, does that include the wheels and axles, a member of the park who had no wheels of axles was charged 4500.00 but the guy who did it is a knob, but that's another posting.

They supply the axles and whatever is needed. However they take the axles and all with them when they are done.

They remove it axles from trailer houses when they are set up so the owner doesn't haul them off when they stop paying for them. It's hard to repo a trailer thats not there!

Prices in your area may vary. These 'professionals' aren't very professional btw.

Thx-Ace 

• Haha 1

Thanks for your info, these are supplied and left, the new rules state any trailer has to have wheels this unit did not and to sell it must be set like that, so the price might not that far off, but the guy is still a knob.

11 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

Probably north Omaha

Doubt it, the truck doesn't have gold wire wheels and roller skate tires on it. Was thinking Council Bluffs, but property is to clean.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, dads706 said:

Doubt it, the truck doesn't have gold wire wheels and roller skate tires on it. Was thinking Council Bluffs, but property is to clean.

Someone spent more on lumber and a big forklift then the trailer is worth .

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lorenzo said:

Someone spent more on lumber and a big forklift then the trailer is worth .

That rules out Council Bluffs.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, stronger800 said:

.....maybe not at today’s prices. That camper probably has $3k worth of sub par osb  in it. 

Just last week I opened up a shed that’s been closed up for 40 years and I couldn’t believe my eyes , a perfectly good original mint condition 4x8 sheet of OSB just siting there for the taking. 776EFD2D-05C5-43E0-A65A-78632D0F96F6.thumb.jpeg.c43f441c4490b337a4bb040ba614fab9.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Its only a summer place if its up north the pluming is exposed.

It might be in flood plain with the price of flood insurance now that is about all you could afford to insure 

image.png.61082ebf29f719b7d5bf9f6956756d3d.png

I'll give him scrap price for the car and figure out a way to dispose of it. Heck I could probably put it in a corner of the barn where it would be out of the way until scrap prices really go up.??

• Like 1