To my southern neighbors

Your pets have escaped and have traveled further north than before. Your radiator bullets AKA Armadillos have been found dead on our local roads. This would be around 100 miles further north than I have ever seen.  Could you please come and get them.  

• Haha 4

I know a State trooper buddy of mine found one about 5 miles west of me and I’m 10 miles north of I64

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, red2thebone sr said:

Always was told they would stop at the Missouri River.  Guess that was wrong. I’m just south of the river. Seeing more dead on the road now than in past years. 

At least you will have a good BBQ when you round them up!   lol

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, red2thebone sr said:

Always was told they would stop at the Missouri River.  Guess that was wrong. I’m just south of the river. Seeing more dead on the road now than in past years. 

I am about 45 miles north of the river and 60 miles from the Iowa line. Closest I have seen them was south of Warrensburg

1 hour ago, red2thebone sr said:

Up until the mid 70's we never saw armadillos on the east side of the Big River in Mississippi.  Same thing with Coyotes-------bang, seems like overnight they both were everywhere.

Really makes you wonder how they migrated across the Mississippi River????? But------didn't need to be but two and the factory was in business.

DD

• Like 1

We see 'em mashed on the road pretty often here east of the Mississippi and just south of St.  Louis.

5ceea3b67334e.jpeg.938faba8bb3c59c21ff223f4506d43c3.jpeg

I'll stick with our unarmored version.

I will trade you some porcupines though?.

I think??

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, Delta Dirt said:

Same thing with Coyotes

Are they big dogs or the small western Coyotes? If they're big they may have migrated from the northeast. Coyotes have hybrid with wolves in NB and have moved out of the Maritimes down through New England and farther west and south. They're very big dogs, not like the western ones I've seen that are bigger than a fox but still small.

They are getting to be a regular sight on the side of the road taking dirt naps around here.    Tried to look up how many are around but Tn wildlife can only est. from the number of road kills......heck I can do that!    That's the govt for ya.   

• Like 1

No need to thank us for the new pets y'all have. There's enough around me that I don't even shoot them anymore. I will warn you that a fair amount of them carry leprosy.

4 hours ago, ArkLa 1086 said:

No need to thank us for the new pets y'all have. There's enough around me that I don't even shoot them anymore. I will warn you that a fair amount of them carry leprosy.

A pity - tatu is a delicacy in parts of Brasil

• Like 1

They have been reported in southern Nebraska but everyone just assumed they hitched a ride on a load of Alfalfa or something. 

They won’t survive winter here that’s for sure. 

I hear the concrete construction barriers that keep them from completing the trek across the highway really plays **** with the success rate. ?

Armadillos are useful to mankind in many ways.

They make excellent hats. Normally lined with aluminum foil to protect the user's brain.

They're not just for supper anymore!

images (9).jpeg

images (10).jpeg

• Haha 4

....""Armadillo  by morning......up  from   San Antone......""

...is that basically the issue,  J&C  ???...more unwanted immigrants...??....:rolleyes:

..they appear to be tough looking critters

Mike