I am trying to find trip lights for my 1929

bigequip

I am looking for Used trip lights with brackets for my 1929 Buick Roadster.  Nothing too shiny.......  Any one have old lights laying around?

1 hour ago, Dasnake said:

Wow, as much as I DETEST the crapola troll type social media, the internet is terrific for guys like us looking for a part, a clothing item, or anything away from the norm, good one IH.

If only we could eliminate the crapola troll social media then the world would be a better place…kinda like curing cancer, we all know it’s possible but there’s too much money being made by not doing anything. Sad when you think about it 

• Like 1

I have been on many sites for these trip lights 1926-1932 cars and no one has used ones.  New ones would look out of place on an original 90 yr old car.  Most of the ones for sale are re pops of the originals and some are very good, some are bad.  I am still looking and called 6 different places today.  The guys from the Buick club keep giving me another guy's phone number saying he might have them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigequip said:

I have been on many sites for these trip lights 1926-1932 cars and no one has used ones.  New ones would look out of place on an original 90 yr old car.  Most of the ones for sale are re pops of the originals and some are very good, some are bad.  I am still looking and called 6 different places today.  The guys from the Buick club keep giving me another guy's phone number saying he might have them.

Short of new, finding 90 year old lights that are worth using your going to be scrounging junkyards and scrap meets for quite some time.

Do you go to any of the antique rallies? There is always one here in Vt , it use to be in Stowe, but I think it’s moved to Waterbury now? 
Place an ad in Hemmings, or other publications that cater to that sort of thing? 

I visit Vermont on internet anytime I need to register a vehicle.  You only need a hand written receipt (can be on toilet paper) with VIN, Year, Model, Cost of purchase, and fill out the Vermont MVD application.  Call them and they tell you the Tax 6% and plate cost.  Send your check in with toilet paper and within 30 days you have plated and registration.  Vermont only wants the money for their till.  No questions asked.  I live in Arizona and have registered a few problem vehicles in Vermont.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, acem said:

They used to have that kind of stuff at this swap meet. June 16th?

https://www.museumofautos.com/

You can be here in a long day.

Thx-Ace 

I am looking for trip lights for 1926-1930 era.  Not the new re-pop lights that are all chromed up.  I am looking for the old nickel lights so they look right on my car.  If your at the show and find them, take pics and vendor info.  I will contact them.    Thanks

I haven't been to the show in years. But there used to be all kinds of old car stuff for sale there. It was more like a flea market/swap meet than a vendor showcase. 

They have several  ut the June one is usually the best.

Thx-Ace