3 Wheeler combine conversion

U-C

Can’t say I’ve ever seen one of them set up like that before. Would be a little sketchy on wet ground on those side hills I’d imagine. I’ve slid down a side hill with 4 small tires on the ground lol. On the other hand I bet it’d float pretty good over soft ground. 

Corn looked green in video #2 and from the looks of what was in the tank, I'd guess it was going to get ensiled as high moisture cattle feed.

Don't think I've ever seen a hillside New Holland.

Yes Case had 3 wheel sidehill combine in the 1950's. My uncle had one. I got turned loose in a 8 acre field at about 14 or 15 years old. To back up even on flat ground you had to engage the rear hydric drive too. Wanting to get it all I cut right up to big old oak tree and backed away. Well nobody explain the backing up ? and something broke at there it sat. Uncle had some discouraging words for me. After he took piece to be welded my says ?  don't worry I have seen him break it twice in one day before.

The next year I ran the most worn out Massy Harris 92.

Different things to worry about poor farmer/logger here in California from May to Oct is really dry, 99% of the time no rain at all. You can set the world a fire, slide on straw, have a hydro give trouble and free wheel of the hill but never mud on a hill. Yes I have had several rides I really don't want to repeat, but I never felt close to turning one over. The only mud I ever saw was cutting barley next to irrigated sugar beets. They had wind problem blowing water 30 40 feet out in places.

Interesting how they back down hill to turn. I was taught back up hill easier on the rear axle. Even doing that have had rear axle troubles.   

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ray54 said:

Case had 3 wheel sidehill combine in the 1950's

Ray54.... do you have a picture of one. I know a Case collector who would probably pay good money for one if there are any left?

Thanks

4 hours ago, dads706 said:

Ray54.... do you have a picture of one. I know a Case collector who would probably pay good money for one if there are any left?

Thanks

I don't think I have a picture of it. I discussed the Case sidehill 3 wheeler with a fellow on the Combine forum he was in Washington state and was friends with guy that a number of them. He had picture I will check and see if pictures made it to the newer forum.

My aunt had hated how much it took to keep the old thing going, so when  someone asked it got cut up when scrap was at $200 ton some years ago.

It was a 302 or maybe it was 303 or 304. There where a more of the same sidehill model without the rear drive wheel. But not that many of any of them. 

not a Conversion but a factory three wheeler IH's first SP combine 

On 6/8/2021 at 8:30 AM, from H to 80 said:

I'm guessing that is canola that the're harvesting i have never been around it.

its Rapeseed but similar to Canola though 

I did by accident find a thread on the Case 3 wheeler on THE COMBINE FORUM back in 2009 and 302 is the model number.  Thanks to my wife even got the picture harvested and posted.( Pun intended.) Sorry for taking your modern 3 wheeler so far off track U-C.

combine.jpg

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, ray54 said:

I did by accident find a thread on the Case 3 wheeler on THE COMBINE FORUM back in 2009 and 302 is the model number.  Thanks to my wife even got the picture harvested and posted.( Pun intended.) Sorry for taking your modern 3 wheeler so far off track U-C.

combine.jpg

no problem, the old ones count too home made or even from the factory