Trying to help a friend out on his 895 with shuttle shift . The pto stops when you push in the clutch when shuttle is in forward in reverse it’s fine . I took a gauge over there tonight but had wrong size fittings going to get right size and check pto pressure but seems to be something with shuttle. I have a print for a 684 but it doesn’t show the shuttle shift . Does anyone have an idea what to check next. I’ve been going by 684 manual seems to be mostly the same .

5 hours ago, lightninboy said:

That is perplexing.

Yes he’s tried to take it to a couple of local mechanics and they both said they have no idea, one was to backed up till winter the other refused to try .

I have a 684 but the earlier series doesn't  have the shuttle. I don't have a lot of experience with the 95's but you may have a priority flow divider or MCV issue. Under the clutch housing there is a heavy plate held in with lots of bolts. MCV valve. It has a plug to get pressure readings. Should see about 250 psi maybe 275. Shuttle back and forth and see what it does, pressure for forward and reverse should be the same. This gets oil from the 2.7 gpm that supplies steering and PTO and keeps the brakes from 'bleeding out'. If the shuttle forward/ reverse has a leak the oil will not supply the PTO as the shuttle gets its oil first and then the PTO.

Sorry this is very general ,  you need to get a 95 series service manual that contains specifics on the shuttle shift. 

• Thanks 1

Hi, I have no experience with the Fwd/Rev Shuttle shift but I have the service manual for the 85 Series tractors, see attached Pages 63 and 64.
See also attached diagram for 74-84 Series MCV valve with an arrow to Fwd/Rev pump in bottom of transmission, there was a change in the 85 Series and newer series where that small T/A and Fwd/Rev pump in bottom of transmission was deleted and replaced with a regulator valve and that is the regulator valve with the test port described in the pages 63 and 64 below. 

CIH 85 Series Service Manual FWD-REV Shuttle Pressure Check P63-V2.JPG

CIH 85 Series Service Manual FWD-REV Shuttle Pressure Check P64-V2.JPG

54-74-MCV-Valve.jpg

• Thanks 1

We should be able to figure something with all this new info thanks everyone I let y’all know what I find . We may have to take back tire off to get to anything on it . Tractor doesn’t have bar axles and there’s not much room. 

Case IH 895 looks about like my 3220 MFWD..... they were both made in England. 

Just going to mention.....the 3220 has some crazy clutch adjustment procedures and thirteen more steps to adjust the F/R linkage.  There is different steps to adjust the lever in forward position compared to the reverse position.  Possibly the linkage is just enough out of adjustment or worn. 

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, carmine@1945 said:

Case IH 895 looks about like my 3220 MFWD..... they were both made in England. 

Just going to mention.....the 3220 has some crazy clutch adjustment procedures and thirteen more steps to adjust the F/R linkage.  There is different steps to adjust the lever in forward position compared to the reverse position.  Possibly the linkage is just enough out of adjustment or worn. 

That sounds fun he’s going to have to get a book .

As I understand it, the clutch linkage is to prevent the Operator from changing FWD/REV lever without depressing the clutch first. This option was initially advertised as the Fast Rev feature but later it was called Shuttle shift. 
The newer tractors with shuttle shift you can move FWD to REV or REV to FWD without using the clutch.