Where’s Mader when i need him??

Sick of the miserable 18ga wire and fiberglass rod fence mess, most of these are actually down 4’ except one corner where i hit ledge, and will be cut down to about that . Still deciding on mesh panels or just plain 14ga electric. I know some of you guys do miles of fence… and you can have it. About 88 degrees here today…. YUCK!

that little Kubota is a sweet little machine, but if i had the big one here I probably could have driven them with it and been done. 

5C757753-1B17-4B7E-A88E-AAE98701238F.jpeg

11E0B8C1-71E9-4446-8C4E-EC810F39BFB1.jpeg

• Like 4

I always like building fence. When it was time to build fence, in the spring before field work began, about the time the black flies came out. 
Any other time and I hated building fence.

1 hour ago, Ihfan4life said:

I always like building fence. When it was time to build fence, in the spring before field work began, about the time the black flies came out. 
Any other time and I hated building fence.

Do you guys use barb wire when building fence? Or is that an old hooey weird platform.

?in this case i am trying to keep out rabbits, raccoons and deer from the garden… no bulls around here

Just now, vtfireman85 said:

?in this case i am trying to keep out rabbits, raccoons and deer from the garden… no bulls around here

What about bears?

You must have them down there too?

I was told there’s a momma with the Cubs in back of me, I haven’t seen them yet 

5 minutes ago, Ihfan4life said:

What about bears?

You must have them down there too?

I was told there’s a momma with the Cubs in back of me, I haven’t seen them yet 

Plenty of them, but they have never messed with the garden, I think by the time its enjoyable for them the natural food sources are plentiful also. 

BDABF1EF-8DA2-47A9-931A-494BCBF30990.jpeg

5B364F1F-D159-40B0-A90B-4A6D1E04CB9E.jpeg

36963E21-C4E1-4256-9026-21E11BDF7847.jpeg

86994B66-6F84-4731-8F14-6BA210A22976.jpeg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, brahamfireman said:

To check with the Kubota, show me that Areins. wife's grandpa has a 12HP model, dad has the New Holland version, S12 I think.

GT-18 i have 2 actually, the one i bought for parts is actually in nicer shape, needs a carburetor cleaning, fuel pump and tires. Much lower hours. I have been promised a cab and a snowblower.. but so far no dice. Only complaint is that between the hydro control and suicide knob, it makes it hard to hold onto the silver bullet. 

I'm still lurking....feeling kinda deprived its been almost a year since I've ran a IH tractor...the last 6 hours i used my 656 it used 2 gallon of oil... It's in the barn waiting on a inframe. 

For a garden id get 20-96-2 with a apron to keep more critters out. 

For those post at 4 feet deep of use 13 48 3 wire add some big stout braces and stretch the mess out of it. Should last a good long while.

https://www.shopfarmfencesolutions.com/1348-titan-fixed-knot-hi-tensile-fence.html?id=46332705&quantity=1

Panels without top rail never look good. They bow and just don't loom right.

1 minute ago, Qc.Can.IH man said:

COOL machine!!!

It's got a few bugs yet but sure is better than anything I've used before. Needs more engine as the hydraulic pump needs more horsepower.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mader656 said:

It's got a few bugs yet but sure is better than anything I've used before. Needs more engine as the hydraulic pump needs more horsepower.

Whats the power plant? 

11 hours ago, mader656 said:

im sure someone here has a solution for that need of extra HP 

that contraption looks like the boring machines they use around here for boring rock to blast with on roads and in the rock quarry next door

• Like 1

18 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

If the fence isn't at least 6', preferably 8', it isn't going to keep deer out. My sister has had some success by weaving sticks in the woven wire top to bottom so that the tops are at an uneven height. I'm not sure why, but it seems it makes it harder for the deer to be able to judge or attempt the jump. You might have to do some electric strands at the bottom outside to keep the raccoons out.

17 hours ago, mader656 said:

I'll be out in 4 days with my machine to help...

0427211713_HDR.jpg

0420211804_HDR.jpg

Nice rig nice work building it

I was wondering what I was seeing on the highway on the back of step decks now I know

Apparently they drive all the metal posts to anchor solar panels at the solar farms with a tracked driver like that  

22 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

Whats the power plant? 

Kubota 4 cyl it's the top hp for its size and turned up as much as I dare...

I've got a Cummins 3.3 qsb that should fit with a few mods. Detuned to 65 but plate says 110 should do the trick.

14 hours ago, searcyfarms said:

im sure someone here has a solution for that need of extra HP 

that contraption looks like the boring machines they use around here for boring rock to blast with on roads and in the rock quarry next door

It's a 49,50,51,52.... bobcat horizontal boring machine tracks, jacobson lawn mower engine, God only knows what the hyd pump was out of. A genie boom... Some steel I bought the post driver from last year. It's been dubbed "trackmader"

On 6/6/2021 at 8:11 PM, Qc.Can.IH man said:

COOL machine!!!

Thanks lots of hours in it.