Tractor of the week # 12 4366

Number twelve is the 4366. While I don't expect as many of you to own 4366's, I hope to get lots of pictures and stories on this "Old School Cool" IH four wheel drive. I always thought they were really neat tractor when they had the 23.1's with duals or 24.5's. The 18.4 equipped models looked under tired to me. And of course a large chrome pipe always looked good too. So let's see em y'all!

0305002118-l.jpg

13.jpg

• Like 8

One of our landlords had one they bought new. They traded an IH 4100 that they also bought new for the 4366. Pulled a 10-18 IH drawn plow with the 4366. My dad rode with him at night back then and said the flame out the stack was a foot high running the plow knee deep. It was turned up and they had final drive problems with it. They traded it in for a new 4586 after a few years. It was big power around here, no other farmers in the area had anything like it back then. 

• Like 1

I don't have any pictures of ours right now but here is a poor quality video of it

https://youtube.com/shorts/dsQ9gyhLXxs?feature=share

• Like 2

7 hours ago, INTERNATIONAL 1466 said:

While I don't expect as many of you to own 4366's, I hope to get lots of pictures

Coming back from Mentor, OH, on Memorial  Day saw one (I believe it was a 4366) around Orwell, OH, sitting along the road at a farm.  Actually saw several old model 4x4 in that area like a Ford, White, and a Steiger.

Bitty mine is a 4386.  Here is a pic of a 4366 I grew up on that was my father in laws. Spent many years in this ole girl. The 43’s were good tractors that suffered a bad reputation due to their big brothers with the DV-800’s. 
 I agree they do look better with big rubber but the honest truth is they actually perform better with smaller rubber. They are only 200hp tractors despite their beefy appearance. IH 4wds are still the best looking articulates built in my opinion. They had attitude. 

0277AFA6-DBEE-4B65-9D7C-11A5FE4D120D.jpeg

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, ChrisNY said:

Bitty mine is a 4386.  Here is a pic of a 4366 I grew up on that was my father in laws. Spent many years in this ole girl. The 43’s were good tractors that suffered a bad reputation due to their big brothers with the DV-800’s. 
 I agree they do look better with big rubber but the honest truth is they actually perform better with smaller rubber. They are only 200hp tractors despite their beefy appearance. IH 4wds are still the best looking articulates built in my opinion. They had attitude. 

0277AFA6-DBEE-4B65-9D7C-11A5FE4D120D.jpeg

My bad , I was thinking you had a 66 . We like 4386 pictures also

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bitty said:

My bad , I was thinking you had a 66 . We like 4386 pictures also

Here ya go

D2229010-A952-4694-AC4A-A0DFD0258B02.jpeg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ChrisNY said:

Here ya go

D2229010-A952-4694-AC4A-A0DFD0258B02.jpeg

It’s real nice!

I’ve seen it in person! 

Chris if you ever have the urge to sell it… It’s not that far of a drive to the black line! Then I can take it from there! Lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Qc.Can.IH man said:

It’s real nice!

I’ve seen it in person! 

Chris if you ever have the urge to sell it… It’s not that far of a drive to the black line! Then I can take it from there! Lol 

For you or Hot Plug’s ever-expanding hay operation? ?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

For you or Hot Plug’s ever-expanding hay operation? ?

Well… I’m a nice guy and he’s a nice guy so we’ll just figure out who needs it the most! ? 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, acem said:

Mine is pretty ugly and dirty. I've got to do alot of work to her.

She's a beast!

Thx-Ace 

Photo0472.jpg

Photo0408.jpg

Photo0076.jpg

Photo0047.jpg

Do you have a newer cab on it that it's black? 

4 hours ago, 1256pickett said:

Nice boat tug!

I was thinking the same thing until I remember that reliability factor of the brakes ..... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Another shot of our 4366 disking with a 24' Sunflower in 1981

4366-2.png

• Like 2

A couple 4366 ads

77%20IH%20four%20wheel%20drives.jpg

4366%20turbo.jpg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ChrisNY said:

Another shot of our 4366 disking with a 24' Sunflower in 1981

4366-2.png

30.5-32? 

10 minutes ago, bitty said:

30.5-32? 

Yes

• Like 1

Why are trades required according to that sale flyer?

I’d love to have a 4366 or 4386 but I have absolutely no idea what I would do with it.  

I guess there is an old saying about, invention is the mother of necessity.  Maybe the corollary is possession leads to necessity?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, acem said:

How did you like the single 30.5x32s?

I've want that for mine with rice and canes.

Thx-Ace 

I liked them, had a Steiger St-310 with 30.5x32's as well. In wet ground you did not have mud packing up between the duals. Did not notice any lack of traction or floatation.