Jump to content

Farmall 560 diesel mid seat help


Turner03
 Share

Recommended Posts

Previous owner welded a modern style tractor seat on top of the red box. I want it back like original. I want to go with the deluxe seat. I have found the seat and a replacement red box. But I have looked high and low and cannot find that ‘middle’ piece that connects the seat to the red box. Any suggestions? Or magic? Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Turner03 said:

Previous owner welded a modern style tractor seat on top of the red box. I want it back like original. I want to go with the deluxe seat. I have found the seat and a replacement red box. But I have looked high and low and cannot find that ‘middle’ piece that connects the seat to the red box. Any suggestions? Or magic? Thanks.

i will say this once you get the rubber pieces and all the parts and adjusting rods working on one they dont ride too bad, i still got the original on my 706 and replaced the rubber pieces and got it all working too and its tolerable. Would love to pick up a wrecked air ride out of a semi tho for it

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For what it’s worth ,  those rubber shocks are available from several sources but beware of the cheap ones. My two cents worth is buy the better ones from your local IH dealer , about 75 or 80 bucks each. I had my first seat rebuilt by someone else and it rides like an empty cement truck with flat tires going down hill across railroad ties .  Rebuilt my next two myself with the better shocks and they turned out smooth as butter on a hot day . 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, lorenzo said:

For what it’s worth ,  those rubber shocks are available from several sources but beware of the cheap ones. My two cents worth is buy the better ones from your local IH dealer , about 75 or 80 bucks each. I had my first seat rebuilt by someone else and it rides like an empty cement truck with flat tires going down hill across railroad ties .  Rebuilt my next two myself with the better shocks and they turned out smooth as butter on a hot day . 

agreed buy the good parts they ride pretty good

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/6/2021 at 9:15 PM, searcyfarms said:

i will say this once you get the rubber pieces and all the parts and adjusting rods working on one they dont ride too bad, i still got the original on my 706 and replaced the rubber pieces and got it all working too and its tolerable. Would love to pick up a wrecked air ride out of a semi tho for it

 

On 6/6/2021 at 9:15 PM, searcyfarms said:

i will say this once you get the rubber pieces and all the parts and adjusting rods working on one they dont ride too bad, i still got the original on my 706 and replaced the rubber pieces and got it all working too and its tolerable. Would love to pick up a wrecked air ride out of a semi tho for it

Your right,a working seat  is amazing compared to a bottomed out one.I just took the time to clean and loosen everything up and they are much nicer. Plus I don't run them through the field 9000 miles a hour like a Fendt mowing hay which helps because you never stay in the seat.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...