Farmall 560 diesel mid seat help

Turner03

Previous owner welded a modern style tractor seat on top of the red box. I want it back like original. I want to go with the deluxe seat. I have found the seat and a replacement red box. But I have looked high and low and cannot find that ‘middle’ piece that connects the seat to the red box. Any suggestions? Or magic? Thanks.

10 hours ago, Turner03 said:

Previous owner welded a modern style tractor seat on top of the red box. I want it back like original. I want to go with the deluxe seat. I have found the seat and a replacement red box. But I have looked high and low and cannot find that ‘middle’ piece that connects the seat to the red box. Any suggestions? Or magic? Thanks.

i will say this once you get the rubber pieces and all the parts and adjusting rods working on one they dont ride too bad, i still got the original on my 706 and replaced the rubber pieces and got it all working too and its tolerable. Would love to pick up a wrecked air ride out of a semi tho for it

• Thanks 1

For what it’s worth ,  those rubber shocks are available from several sources but beware of the cheap ones. My two cents worth is buy the better ones from your local IH dealer , about 75 or 80 bucks each. I had my first seat rebuilt by someone else and it rides like an empty cement truck with flat tires going down hill across railroad ties .  Rebuilt my next two myself with the better shocks and they turned out smooth as butter on a hot day . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, lorenzo said:

For what it’s worth ,  those rubber shocks are available from several sources but beware of the cheap ones. My two cents worth is buy the better ones from your local IH dealer , about 75 or 80 bucks each. I had my first seat rebuilt by someone else and it rides like an empty cement truck with flat tires going down hill across railroad ties .  Rebuilt my next two myself with the better shocks and they turned out smooth as butter on a hot day . 

agreed buy the good parts they ride pretty good

• Like 1

On 6/6/2021 at 9:15 PM, searcyfarms said:

i will say this once you get the rubber pieces and all the parts and adjusting rods working on one they dont ride too bad, i still got the original on my 706 and replaced the rubber pieces and got it all working too and its tolerable. Would love to pick up a wrecked air ride out of a semi tho for it

On 6/6/2021 at 9:15 PM, searcyfarms said:

Your right,a working seat  is amazing compared to a bottomed out one.I just took the time to clean and loosen everything up and they are much nicer. Plus I don't run them through the field 9000 miles a hour like a Fendt mowing hay which helps because you never stay in the seat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1