560 pto ?

buzzhead560

You can, provided that the gas tractor didn’t have a band-style pto in it.  There are different input shafts and driven gears used between the band and the clutch style ptos to provide a different speed of the shaft that connects to the rear pto unit. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lars (midessa) said:

The 560D did not have independent pto?

I think a transmission driven PTO like an M is optional, though I have never seen one. A 300U with a transmission driven PTO yes, but not a 560.

What we need to clarify here is what the OP means by "clutch style" PTO. The 560 also came with two different styles of IPTO. One was the old planetary style, and the other was what Dad always called "over center" style. I'm not sure you can easily switch between types.

• Like 1

its my understanding - there were there early band style type that they used in the 400/450, I had on on my 58 560, never gave me a lick of trouble had to adjust it one time over the years. the 63 was different, handle different, larger looking unit physically sticking out the back. Our 400 was not independent we had to use an overrun clutch on it, you clutched it it quit turning. Both versions on the two 560s we had you pulled the lever back they engaged the pto, if you clutched the tractor they both kept turning. 

1 hour ago, Lars (midessa) said:

I assume(maybe wrong), when hear clutch pto, I think of the M style. You need to step the foot clutch then move the pto lever into gear, then engage the foot clutch.

I believe that's where mmi was going too, which is why we need clarification from the OP on this.

The over center (later) style PTO has a clutch in it if I'm not mistaken.

Yup, I just checked the parts book. There are two sections for PTO, one is called "planetary" which is the band type, and the other is called "clutch" which is what I earlier referred to as "over center."

There is no listing for the transmission "non-live" "non-independent" PTO. So, I don't think there's such a thing for the 560.

By the way, the PTO units are the same gas or diesel.

• Like 1

I assume unless a super cheap govt model the pto (drive) is live , the rest and associated gearing/parts would then be transferred.

IIRC there was a cheap and better version of  the pto mechanism ,always looked for the box like 350/400 and bar handle

not the cheap rubber coated flat tube