24-D max mixture

MTO

15 hours ago, ray54 said:

Cheap surfactant, some places call spreader/sticker. To help water and weed killer to get through the wax on the leaf.

Newer safer products for many weeds, but they cost way more.

x2 ive used a box of Ivory soap in 1000 gal. a bit foamy but breaks the surface tension and will let the material into the plant or soil

6 hours ago, acem said:

Agent orange was a mixture of 24d and 245t. 

The problem was not 24d or 245t. The problem was the other ingredients. This was before epa regulation of pesticides so it could contain whatever. The cheap way to make 245t causes contamination with dioxins. Agent orange contained the dioxin TCDD which is a very harmful chemical.

Agent orange could have been made safe but was made cheap. 

Thx-Ace 

dont forget the soldiers mixing and loading had no protective gear and no shirts jungle heat

There are 2 versions of Grazon one is restricted use and contains Tordon so be careful around any trees you don't want harmed. The other does not contain Tordon and is not restricted. I think it is Grazon PL (or something like that) your chemical guy will know.

19 hours ago, acem said:

Don't get it near cotton. Supposed it can hurt cotton yields miles away. 

Yep , back in70’s Nieghbor  flew   it on 160 acres young alfalfa , out of label date.

160 acres of  my cotton across street had just emerged you could follow the wind current over 5 miles south East. Along with inversion touch downs randomly .

It’s a growth regulator and made cotton plants totally deformed , not dead though.

needless to say few law suits filed . After that permits required with pre application  intents filed with post application filings with time dates and rates of application .

tony

24d has been a restricted use herbicide for decades in Arkansas. There are entire portions of the state where it's illegal to spray because of cotton. You must have a pesticide applicators license to buy it in quantities greater than a pint. 

Across the border it's unregulated in Oklahoma.

Remedy and dicamba seem very similar to 245t.

Thx-Ace 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 806 man said:

What you didn't borrow a crop duster, come in low and make an airstrike? Come on man.

Maybe Ron could come out of retirement!  @Ron Cook

Nah, I'm a transport type of guy. I have nothing but respect for the guys who are catching weeds in the landing gear and working right on the edge of stall at every turn. Heck, you can't actually stall the Fly-By Wire plane I fly. You can hold the stick all the way back and the plane will say, nope, and take it away from you. The FAA says the training must demonstrate stalls so they have to put the plane in direct laws (no protections, flys like crap) so we can demonstrate one. In normal laws you can't over speed it or over stress it.

• Like 1

Find an old wheat farmer who has a bottle of Gleen. A 1/4 ounce per acre or a 22 cal short shell full in a 3 gallon spot sprayer. 

6oz per gallon would be the correct mixture, I would rather use a 3-way, you start out with 24D but also gets the weeds that 24D doesn't. 

Vegetation needs to be uncut and leafy so you get lots of contact, everyone wants to bushhog or trim the plant back then spray but all you are spraying in the stem and the plant simply doesn't absorb enough herbicide.

If you have cattle or livestock in the pasture you need to switch to Grazon Next HL.

Don't forget to use a surfactant, I use equal parts so same rate as herbicide, really gets the herbicide to the plant, makes it stick, and opens the pores so it can get in there and do its job.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Lazy WP said:

Find an old wheat farmer who has a bottle of Gleen. A 1/4 ounce per acre or a 22 cal short shell full in a 3 gallon spot sprayer. 

Glean is still around just bought some this spring ? the price was even down a bit. I have heard it stays around in some conditions much longer than people like. Never had that in my use of it.  Glean tank mixed with Milestone is my go to for mustard, fiddleneck, and yellow star thistle in grain hay. It will not kill grapes even sprayed right on the dang things. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ray54 said:

Glean is still around just bought some this spring ? the price was even down a bit. I have heard it stays around in some conditions much longer than people like. Never had that in my use of it.  Glean tank mixed with Milestone is my go to for mustard, fiddleneck, and yellow star thistle in grain hay. It will not kill grapes even sprayed right on the dang things. 

Boy Ray54, How lucky that its easy on grapes ! You have some expensive grape vines in your area ! Or at least they try to market them as high value ! lol.

Tony