Tire question

11.00-16? 

• Like 1

You can put a 11.00-16 on but it really doesn't make it much more effective than a 10.00. We did it and looking for new rims now since we want to go 11.00-16. Thats for steering tires but I've noticed the same thing between 9.5/11/12.5 implement tires. They fit on the narrower rim but really don't utilize the full tread

1 hour ago, Redaintdead said:

It has 10.00 16 now, planning to step to 11.00 16. I had never heard of the 12.50 16, that might be it. Large diameter has to be less rolling resistance 

The taller the sidewall the more rolling resistance.

I have 11L-16 on my 806 on 8 inch wide rims, they are flotation implement tires. Is the 10.00-16 a front tractor? That would be close to 35" in diameter and the 11L-16 about 31. The implement tire rolls over soft muddy fields without tearing up the ground better than a 3 or 4 rib front. An 11.00 -16 front tractor will be about 37" in diameter. In other words a 11L-16 may appear a bit smaller than a 10.00 and a lot smaller than 11.00 front tractor. A 12.5 x 16 implement is about 33 " in diameter and is recommended for a 10" wide rim.

18x44-16 super swampers would fit on those wheels also :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, bitty said:

18x44-16 super swampers would fit on those wheels also :)

do you prefer them slightly worn for better turning and less mud on the cab? 

I ran 12-16.5 mud tires on 8.25 rims, tire calls for a 10" but I saw  no unusual wear pattern on the tires. They quickly wore out uniformly!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1