2 loads of allis tractors

dale560

A couple of nice trucks from Illinois had these loaded heading East. I presume they came from Swenson in minot ND and are headed east and south. Bergeron farm on the trucks. And notice the monument built years ago for the center of North America 

C9440E16-4083-4F02-B278-23E704E23C01.jpeg

9A9B7254-2A51-410F-BFB3-D2262B826BEA.jpeg

• Like 7

3-D21’s, maybe a 190/220, and a parts machine. Rear fenders and platform don’t hardly look right for a 220 or “two twenty” as it would say on the decal.  I can tell it’s a short word followed by a longer word so I was thinking 190 but Uncle’s 190 has a spin on filter on that side of the engine so maybe a 220..... 

Always thought the D-21 was the meanest looking pumpkin. 

Did they make a 210? I was almost thinking they did but I'm not sure.  From time i was in about 3rd grade til we sold out in 86 dad had a D21. Also a 190 with aftermarket cab, later traded for a lil newer one that had a 200 cab on it.  In later years we had 7040 for few years that got traded for a 7060. Dad really like the 60 and indeed it was probably the nicest tractor we ever owned. I know none of them was as impressive as the mighty ih 400 series engine but we didn't know any better at the time. ?

Neighbor dad did some custom chopping for had a 21 size tractor with the newer sheet metal. The tin on the one on the trailer looks massive to be a 190 but I have been fooled before. Rear tires look a bit narrow for a 220 tho...?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ihfan4life said:

Neighbor had a 210. I think there was a 4 wheel drive 220 in the area but I don’t know what happened to it 

Who was the dealer? Youngs? The guy who owned our D14 first had quite a chunk of land up Middlebury way somewhere and farmed trefoil… what he did with it I couldn’t tell ya, I assume it goes into girl scout cookies. 

2 hours ago, iowaboy1965 said:

Did they make a 210? I was almost thinking they did but I'm not sure.  

Yes, I was just going on the way it looked in the pic on the decal for that. Looks like a short word followed by a longer word and “two ten” didn’t fit what I thought I could see. It does look larger than a 190 to me but who knows. Uncle has. 190XT and Grandpa had a 200. Pulling grain wagons, grinding feed, mowing pastures, etc... They were the utility machines of the farm before Uncle retired. Uncle was a high school classmate and friend of the local AC dealer. 

F8401BC0-021E-40D5-B5D1-D0F9C4C05BBE.jpeg

7472C04C-2B99-4EA2-A998-6FDE6E8156CE.jpeg

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

3-D21’s, maybe a 190/220, and a parts machine. Rear fenders and platform don’t hardly look right for a 220 or “two twenty” as it would say on the decal.  I can tell it’s a short word followed by a longer word so I was thinking 190 but Uncle’s 190 has a spin on filter on that side of the engine so maybe a 220..... 

Always thought the D-21 was the meanest looking pumpkin. 

It is a 220, grille is the giveaway. Doug, they did make a 210, looks almost the same as the 220 except the grill is same as a 190.

Checked in on this to copy a link, see if someone on the Orange board has some new iron.

• Thanks 2

Pretty sure that it’s a 210. Dad had a 210 that he pulled a pair of 8 row Allis planters with. Had a “D” ring hitch that mounted around the tractor. He was the first in the area to have a 16 row planter, and only farmed 500 acres of corn.  
Sandhill Equipment in Bassett Nebraska sold a lot of Allis stuff, then Case, now they are pretty much hay equipment only. 

3 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

Who was the dealer? Youngs? The guy who owned our D14 first had quite a chunk of land up Middlebury way somewhere and farmed trefoil… what he did with it I couldn’t tell ya, I assume it goes into girl scout cookies. 

Hawkin Brothers in Ferrisburg. 
There use to be  a lot of trefoil grown in Addison 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, MIkeac said:

Cool loads of orange. Thanks for sharing. Wonder what the story is

I would guess they picked them up in Minot ND from Swenson rv and tractor. We are 60 miles East , they were stopped at a Mexican restaurant. The truck of three was parked in Devils Lake ND when we went through early this morning. I am guessing the farm name on truck bought the two loads to restore or peddle. Interestingly last week on way home from mnpls we passed a like looking truck with a load of early 60s Minnie Mo s . They were all the gold and brown .

I posted a link to this on the  Allis board, so far no one has fessed up.

Wish they were coming here! Just what I need, 5 more project tractors. Lets see, a D-21 with a DT 466, Hmmm.

• Like 1

That is Rich Bergeson's load, and his family farm is AC and IH, his brother Bill is an IH guy. Their late father Burnell worked in an IH dealer or shop years ago, and they farm with AC/Agco  and IH/CaseIH now. He has posted on some of the FB pages, the other truck I think is being driven by Luke Gehris by the posts I saw. Great guys, great friends of mine! Oh, and that is indeed a 220! lol!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2