Weight of 800 cyclo planter

KY2674

Lost some rented ground to development and I have an 8 row 800 30" trailing planter to move. The end wise transport was cut off before I got it. Only way I have to move is with a gooseneck 3 foot off the ground. What's it gonna take to lift this? Have a 966 with a westendorf loader but I'm afraid it's too much for that. 

years ago when I bought my 7000 8rn, the dealership loaded it on my 5th wheel with a big off road forklift. When I got home we had to carefully lift it with 2 westendorf loaders. One on the 4020 and another on the 706. Drove the fifth wheel away and very slowly let it down to the ground. I bought an used Wetherell end transport kit for it as I was never going to do that again. One loader won't do it. 

Afraid you would say that. Been a long time but I think I used a 580 backhoe and small Oliver to unload like you said. Now the problem is I can haul the 580 there but the planter ties up the trailer and I can't unload it. 

• Sad 1

59 minutes ago, billonthefarm said:

I picked up a 12rn 183 row crop cultivator with my 2350 loader on a 1066.  Loaded it on a trailer for the guy that bought it.

Yep, me too. Can lift a 12 row cultivator with the 2350. Also unloaded a 1083 corn head. Load it from the side with planks will work too like Alan said.

• Thanks 1

How far do you have to go? If it’s not that far I would think that it could be pulled home with the help of someone else in front of you with a strobe light or warning lights. I’ve found that Sunday afternoon is often a good time for projects like this regarding the traffic.  If it’s less than ten miles or so I would just pull it rather than have to load and unload with a tractor and loader. Before we had twelve row 30” corn heads we would often leave eight row 30” heads on if it wasn’t too far. I never thought it was that bad of a job with some help and a two way radio to tell us what was coming. 

• Thanks 1

Depends on which pressure regulator you have in the 966 too.  Dads 1066 w/Westendorf lifted more after we put the 2600lb? 86 series regulator in it.

I agree with the driving if its not too far.  8-30 is really no big deal to drive on the road (unless you are in New England).   8-36 is a different story.  

• Thanks 1