Price of gas on 03JUN21 in McKinney TX 75070

oleman

Refilled the old 93  Sub today.  4.734 gallons of  top grade at $3.079 per gallon $14.58

26.52 gallons of middle grade at $2.829 per gallon $75.

Murphy / Walmart

I had to put gas in it twice because the pump will only dispense $75 per session. The tank holds 42 gallons

The old sub is running 9.3 : 1 compression so I run mixed grade.

I believe the truck stop where I last filled up the old bus/rv with diesel (75 gallon tank) put a $200. limit unless I left them with the card, they give a discount for cash but I do not carry money around. 

34 minutes ago, Rawleigh99 said:

$2.97 regular here in eastern VA.

I filled up today with regular @ $2.93 

As I was leaving the filling station I started thinking about celebrating as it was $2.97 a couple days ago 

edited to add- Vermont

3.09 here in Southern Michigan. 

$3.17 for regular 20 miles south of the arch.  Generally 40 - 50 cents cheaper across the river in Missouri.  Guess where I'm topping off the 2500 Express tomorrow (I'm not low but will be working there anyway).  Puck the frixter.

2.87 last I noticed when i filled up, have fuel accounts a couple places giving 5% discount if paid in 10 days, so not much shopping around. My wife uses the price chopper point system, she usually saves quite a bit on gas that way. 

16 hours ago, oleman said:

Refilled the old 93  Sub today.  4.734 gallons of  top grade at $3.079 per gallon $14.58

26.52 gallons of middle grade at $2.829 per gallon $75.

Murphy / Walmart

I had to put gas in it twice because the pump will only dispense $75 per session. The tank holds 42 gallons

The old sub is running 9.3 : 1 compression so I run mixed grade.

I believe the truck stop where I last filled up the old bus/rv with diesel (75 gallon tank) put a $200. limit unless I left them with the card, they give a discount for cash but I do not carry money around. 

So, here we go again with the "raise the price and limit the transaction size game". I didn't understand it the last time either. When paying with a credit card, the machine has already verified the card, so what difference does it make to the station whether you get150$ in one transaction or $75 in 2?????????

• Like 2

I landed in LA last night. On the way to the hotel all the gas stations are well above $4./gal regular; premium pushing $5!

I could never live here.

From the 60's to the middle 70's California was in mostly in line with the rest of the Nation on fuel prices.  (I was a resident from 1964 until 1993) When the price went up in 1974 it just raised from there.  It's the Golden State, paved with tax payers gold!!

In 1970 I purchased fuel at a discount station in Long Beach for, lived there several years,  24.9 per gallon.  In 1975 it was 73.9. 

Regular is 3.25, Premium is 3.95

Regular isnt really that high, but the spread is larger than normal between 87 -93 and has been for past while

I use mostly premium for what i have,

5 hours ago, New Englander said:

I landed in LA last night. On the way to the hotel all the gas stations are well above $4./gal regular; premium pushing $5!

I could never live here.

We are saving the rest of the USA with are carbon tax of about a $1 /g, with increase coming July 1. ? Just think how much worse the climate would without this tax money fixing it. ? But we save by not having to shovel snow or pay for fixing rust damage to the car undercarriage.?

• Haha 2

In Goffs, Calif the gas was $6.07 probably higher this week.  It is the 1st Gas Station in Calif after Needles out in the Desert about 40 miles.  If you need gas, you are sol and have to p[ay this woman the high price.

A lot of you are getting sca-rooed. I just filled up on my way home from work this afternoon, 87 octane, at $2.46.9 here in Cedar Park, TX. Northwest of Austin.