Good luck getting in to Canada 

jeeper61

Back about the same time frame, 2000, we came home to osoyoos bc in our motor home, we had three foster kids, assorted stuff from being away a month, and I had five handguns, up at the window the girl asked about declarations, kids, beer, smokes, food, gifts, oh and five handguns, her jaw dropped, her face turned white and she shut the window and climbed out of the booth, WTH, five minutes later she comes back in and says pull up over in the back, I grab the papers birth records and receipts go out and wait, three guys come walking over very official looking, I show them papers and such.

Oh your all good, we just want to ask how your border crossing are and what papers do you show, say what?

So I spent 20 minutes explaining the ins and outs of border crossings with firearms,  could have knocked me over  with a feather.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MTO said:

Same thing on one of our trips to visit a tree violator.

Stripped the car into the parking lot then went into their shed.

We repacked and left as she told me DON`T YOU SAY A WORD TO THEM!

They didnt find my jug though!  I`m sneaky.

Not sure if I want to know ...... ;)

• Haha 1

Two of my friends that have had a DUI in their past can’t cross into Canadian Territory now. 

My mother went there fishing when she was 82 years old , brought back two fish ( legal ) got to the border to come home  and got treated like a serial killer  by border agents, tore apart her camper , searched every inch of it accusing her of hideing fish somewhere in the camper because she only had two. Detained her at the border for two and half hours , had her in tears before it was over. 

The food sucks in most restaurants ,

The prime minister is a complete Dick wad , 

screw your Canada ,  you treat my mother like a criminal so F- - k you 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

No kidding, finally someone sees it my way, try living in this dung hole and not able to leave.

19 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

Two of my friends that have had a DUI in their past can’t cross into Canadian Territory now. 
“The same goes for us going south, criminal charge, when both my kids were younger they got DUI and I ponied up a good law firm for just that, cost a bundle but no charge.”

The prime minister is a complete Dick wad,

“Im not sure your age but this one is a pos, but you should have seen his old man.”

“Being a gun owner I get the sh*trat treatment also, so my response is the same.”

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Dasnake said:

No kidding, finally someone sees it my way, try living in this dung hole and not able to leave.

Again, sounds like East Europe during the cold war. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Reichow7120 said:

Again, sounds like East Europe during the cold war. 

Was that you ? I RED that earlier.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dasnake said:

Was that you ? I RED that earlier.

Yes it was.

Seriously the Communist did their damndest to keep everyone in. That was the whole point of the Berlin Wall.

No information out, or in. Can't leave. They'd shoot you rather than allow that to happen. 

You guys haven't built a wall along the border or started shooting people trying to leave.  But from other descriptions.  It isn't much different. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Reichow7120 said:

Yes it was.

Seriously the Communist did their damndest to keep everyone in. That was the whole point of the Berlin Wall.

No information out, or in. Can't leave. They'd shoot you rather than allow that to happen. 

You guys haven't built a wall along the border or started shooting people trying to leave.  But from other descriptions.  It isn't much different. 

Case in point, don't try to say other than  the party line on this covid crap, the gov't knows best, the public health office knows best, yada yada yada, we took to the vaccine not because we are in harms ways, 18 months and nada, but because I would bet my hog on the fact of needing a "passport" to go to and fro across the black line.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lorenzo said:

My mother went there fishing when she was 82 years old , brought back two fish ( legal ) got to the border to come home  and got treated like a serial killer  by border agents, tore apart her camper , searched every inch of it accusing her of hideing fish somewhere in the camper because she only had two. Detained her at the border for two and half hours , had her in tears before it was over. 

I’m confused here in Lorenzo.

Was your mother coming in to Canada with the fish or was she going back home to the US with the fish?

1 hour ago, lorenzo said:

Hokey smokes Lorenzo!

I have some meds that may take the edge off...for a fee of course.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Qc.Can.IH man said:

I’m confused here in Lorenzo.

Was your mother coming in to Canada with the fish or was she going back home to the US with the fish?

Hey qc I reread Lorenzo's post, I surmise mom was going south, if so that would be yankee, unless it was a precheck by fish and game, c'mon Lo spill it, wazzup?

• Like 1

5-6 years ago coming into the USA through Osoyoos. Made the biggest mistake known to mankind I changed lanes OMG. Guy walks up and said ''You know when you change a lane that is suspicious behavior"  Ok what ever. so to prove their point they do a change of guards on me. The guard stands at the computer for 10-15 minutes F-ing with me So I have my seat laid back. 2 can play this game. Finally green light pull up the A-hole says "See it's really not any faster when you change lanes"  Yup "Simple mind, Simple pleasures"  was going to be my comeback but the old lady advised against it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

FOUR OF US WENT UP BEAR HUNTING TO MANITOBA. ALL OF US DWI'S. NEVER HAD A PROBLEM. CROSSED IN NORTH DAKOTA. EVEN WENT INSIDE TO PAY TAXES ON RIFFLES. BUT COMING BACK INTO THE STATES WE HAD A LITTLE TUFF TIMES. THATS WAS IN 2002. BUT I CROSSED MANY TIMES BEFORE THAT WITH DUI

9 hours ago, lorenzo said:

LMFAO when you return to the USA its American border officers that you encounter. and the DUI works both ways ?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, lorenzo said:

We live only 40 some miles from border of Manitoba. That being said I rarely cross into Canada. We used to hop across to Killarney with the in-laws for a Chinese restaurant. There is a quite a bit of traffic yet coming from Canada trucks, cattle,  hogs and other freight. Also one thing to remember when you pass into Canada it is the Canadian side and officials you deal with. When you re enter the United States it is the US border patrol you deal with. It was the American officials that wreaked havoc with your mother. And yes it is common for both sides to pick a vehicle at random and do the strip down check. A Canadian official told a friend of mine when passports started being required years ago. His quote was Canada wants you to come up visit and spend money. You don’t need a passport to enter Canada at that time. His last words to the guy was your country the United States doesn’t want you back across the border not us. If your friends had a DUI it is a shakedown type thing. You can send money to the proper people and get a pardon from the government of Canada to enter. And yes the food at restaurants is acquired taste. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dale560 said:

it is a shakedown type thing. You can send money to the proper people and get a pardon from the government of Canada to enter.

Most certainly is if you want to send US workers there to work.

All started when Justin became PM before that we had no problems fill out a form and go.

Now we need hire a Canadian Immigration Lawyer to get an opinion from Canadian Immigration all costs a couple grand.

They are just hurting their own business we just pass that fee on to them with a mark up for our time to deal with the process. 

Amongst the tons of info that comes across my desk (computer) every day are the country restrictions. It's constantly changing, sometimes contradictory. The only country that seems to be open with few restrictions is Mexico, god bless them.

DUI in Canada is a biggie! If a background check turns one up on a potential hire it used to be almost the end but with Canada's stance now it IS the end.

3 hours ago, hillman said:

LMFAO when you return to the USA its American border officers that you encounter. and the DUI works both ways ?

I don’t care who was responsible for what happened , it’s not worth it for me to go to Canada ever again if it means crossing the border is going to be such a fiasco. 

That place can shove it up their a$$.

It was easier to get in and out of Russia then that $hit hole . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

I don’t care who was responsible for what happened , it’s not worth it for me to go to Canada ever again if it means crossing the border is going to be such a fiasco. 

That place can shove it up their a$$.

It was easier to get in and out of Russia then that $hit hole . 

Gee, how do you really feel? Don't hold back!?

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, New Englander said:

The only country that seems to be open with few restrictions is Mexico, god bless them.

Yep their always open for anything

You just have to pay the fees to the guy holding the gun 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

In 1982 right after I graduated from VA TECH, I drove with my brother up to Alaska. I was 21, he was 31. We were camping every night and both looked pretty scroungy, I guess, when we got to the Kanuck border somewhere in podunk Montana. He was already going gray and had a salt and pepper stubble going on as well as, a raging cold. Border guys must have been bored as they made us get out and go inside. One of them said to us "so, you're father and son"? That did not make my brother happy, so he was not exactly very communicative after that. I guess they figured we were some kind of risk and they started emptying the truck.....including the 2 boxes of used kleenex under the seat. They wanted to know how much money we had, how long we were going to be in country, where we were going, etc, etc. Kept us there almost 2 hours.  Rest of the trip was fine......but I never saw  my brother ever go without shaving a day again ?

• Haha 5

Try to travel between some provinces right now even if you are Canadian. You will be denied entry. 

You have to apply for permission weeks ahead of time, and they decide if your trip is "essential" 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, 495man said:

Try to travel between some provinces right now even if you are Canadian. You will be denied entry. 

You have to apply for permission weeks ahead of time, and they decide if your trip is "essential" 

Thank you, that post explains my angst to a T, and it isn’t going to get better anytime soon.

• Thanks 1

Curious if there is currently a freight problem out of Canada as well. I was in dire need of 6 pallets of parts { some should have been here last month ) and we got a few conflicting stories over the last few weeks. Not sure which to believe but one involved being at customs.

They showed up this afternoon and my butt is dragging now. I think I had 27 different parts orders to fill after receiving the parts.

• Sad 1

I live right at the Blaine border crossing which is the truck crossing, it is always rolling with not much backlog.