Howdy

Hello all - new member here...

I live in extreme S. Illinois and own a 1957 Farmall 350 RC with a SpeeCo wide front end.

I grew tired of topping off fluid for the hydraulic system and jumped in to repair a leak in the control block - then things got out of hand!

The leak is fixed with new "O" rings along with a leak repair on the Char Lynn Power Assist, new thermostat, fan belt, new radiator hoses, new discs for the brakes, new hydraulic hoses, had the lift cylinder rebuilt, steering wheel, air to carb hose, hydraulic filter and paint. Will be adding a one wire alternator and decals when the "play money" account is replenished. LOL!

I never considered how much work it would be to get this thing looking "pretty" again, but it's too late to turn back now.

Looking forward to reading the posts and learning more about these wonderful old machines

• Like 4

Welcome to the forum. It seems like whenever you try to fix one thing on an old tractor you uncover a half dozen more. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, 101Pathfinder said:

I never considered how much work it would be to get this thing looking "pretty" again, but it's too late to turn back now.

A shared statement for many of us.

Welcome to the forum.

Nice country around the Shawnee NF.  Do they still close roads for snake crossings in the spring?

15 hours ago, bob_carr said:

A shared statement for many of us.

Welcome to the forum.

Nice country around the Shawnee NF.  Do they still close roads for snake crossings in the spring?

They do still close "snake" road for the annual spring and fall migration - I'd love to go and check it out but can't get my wife on-board with the idea... : )

19 minutes ago, 101Pathfinder said:

Thanks Fellas - great wealth of knowledge here and looking forward to reading your posts!!

agreed, they even put up with people like me that doesnt know a lot 

Hello 101Pathfinder, I just joined myself. Trust me the process is the same in Michigan. Has been almost every time I set out to fix the simplest thing it snowballs.  560 hyd leak for me.  Good luck