processing plant's closed

Mike H

Posted (edited)

Meat supplier is latest reported ransomware target (msn.com)

meat processor JBS has shut down 13 plants in the US due to getting hacked [ransomware]

going to get real interesting 

#1 beef #2 for pork and chicken processing

Mike

Edited by Mike H
  • Sad 1

• Mike H changed the title to processing plant's closed

Got a feeling the definition of “hacked” will need to be updated soon to include “an easier excuse to be made when profits for shareholders isn’t meeting expectations”

• Sad 1

Never been a fan of JBS, my option went father down hill after Brazil put part of the family in jail for crocked deals or was it being cheap and not making pay off to all the big boys. So the first time I heard this this morning, serves the crocked bums right. But on second thought this will work it's way all the way to the guy selling one calf in cheaper prices. It will be a interesting ride before this is all cleared up.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, IH Forever said:

Do you not see any irony when you proclaim this on an INTERNET forum?

Irony , yes.  But the fact remains that if everything wasn’t electronically linked, hackers would be out of business. 

• Like 3

watched a commentary on the beef prices and explanation, costs of raising, current situation, prices/futures on hoof have gone down .30 while products in store have gone up .30 in the same time period he discussed, what is wrong with that picture...........same thing as a hacking incident ? 

i bite my tongue on so much these days, our moral compass is so out of kilter greed is driving the truck

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

Only more proof if one wants to make money in livestock you need sell direct without these conglomerate middlemen......or your just working for the sake of working at a small profit or loss at the hands of outfits like JBS

• Like 2

Forgive this dumb question because I am computer illiterate.... but I don’t understand ... a business is ransomed, the money is transferred, does it not have to go to some kind of online banking thing? Doesn’t someone’s name or company have to have access to the account? How can a withdrawal be made without leaving a trail? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, searcyfarms said:

watched a commentary on the beef prices and explanation, costs of raising, current situation, prices/futures on hoof have gone down .30 while products in store have gone up .30 in the same time period he discussed, what is wrong with that picture...........same thing as a hacking incident ? 

i bite my tongue on so much these days, our moral compass is so out of kilter greed is driving the truck

Greed is the driver, unfortunately the idiots with the brakes, and the ability to apply those brakes are too busy “celebrating wokeness”

• Sad 3

13 hours ago, ihrondiesel said:

Irony , yes.  But the fact remains that if everything wasn’t electronically linked, hackers would be out of business. 

And the first step in ultimate computer security is no internet connection

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Binderoid said:

Forgive this dumb question because I am computer illiterate.... but I don’t understand ... a business is ransomed, the money is transferred, does it not have to go to some kind of online banking thing? Doesn’t someone’s name or company have to have access to the account? How can a withdrawal be made without leaving a trail? 

They still sell brown paper bags

15 hours ago, IH Forever said:

Do you not see any irony when you proclaim this on an INTERNET forum?

2 tin cans and string here?

• Haha 2

Have friend that sold property to guy in the legal end of pot if you can call it that.( He had a sister that was broke and forest  the sale.) But by federal rules legal pot is a cash business. So I asked did you get a suit case full of money, his answer was wire transfer. What and how all that works I don't know. But the feds stay out of it if pot is involved at all. So Gov Duffs Newsome wants a California state bank to handle pot money.

8 hours ago, ray54 said:

Have friend that sold property to guy in the legal end of pot if you can call it that.( He had a sister that was broke and forest  the sale.) But by federal rules legal pot is a cash business. So I asked did you get a suit case full of money, his answer was wire transfer. What and how all that works I don't know. But the feds stay out of it if pot is involved at all. So Gov Duffs Newsome wants a California state bank to handle pot money.

Kinda like Norieaga did in Panama in the late 80s by establishing a bank to launder drug proceeds. State gets their cut and everyone is happy.