Well????.....I guess if you own it, you can do what you want....

dads706

I'm always the first to say.."If you own it you can do what you want" but this is just butt ugly, and the ruination of a good tractor......

https://omaha.craigslist.org/grd/d/bode-1947-bn-mccormick-farmall-29h-with/7327762059.html

• Like 2

It sure wouldn't be worth the asking price to me. Somebody may want it for that. Who knows. 

Did chump foose get a hold of that one? All joking aside, not my flavor but somebody put some time and money into it. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, brewcrew said:

A 1947 twenty horse tractor isn’t what most farmers would consider “useful” these days....

Plenty of chores it could do. Even on a farm. But at $17k  no. 

• Like 1

Calls only if serious .  I would expect the phone to be pretty quiet.  But...some people like to stand out from a crowd!

10 hours ago, stronger800 said:

I can’t zoom enough though to be sure.....but my pretty sure....the only Turbo on there is the decal correct?

Got a turbo manifold...

it was built for tractor rides, crossing the Mackinac bridge comes to mind, it looks like it was nicely done for that purpose.  I have seen lots of pictures of tractors done up like this.  This is the first I have seen for sale.  I imagine it will not be an easy sale as most people doing this seem to build it specifically for there use.

11 hours ago, stronger800 said:

I can’t zoom enough though to be sure.....but my pretty sure....the only Turbo on there is the decal correct?

Looks like it might have one

There looks to be a drain going into the side of the oil pan possibly from a turbo

And my assumption is the red pipe coming off the carb goes to the turbo inlet 

image.png.c8b855b06440c81ecb393a9b23e902fa.png

11 hours ago, Frank H said:

If that poor little BN was a person,  they would have a flat brim hat and white sunglasses.  Where did those bad people lead you off the rails,  little Farmall?

20210531_090221.jpg

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, MTO said:

Plenty of chores it could do. Even on a farm. But at $17k  no. 

Heck Mark around here guys are running 80-90 HP tractors as chore tractors. What would you use something like that for? Modern augers are 12-13 inches and take some HP at full capacity. Most silage around here is now bunker so they run big tractors with loaders to feed both silage and round or big squares. Even manure spreaders are tandem axle units that loaded take a pretty decent tractor. No the day of a BN, Ford N or even an H for a full time farmer is about over. One guy here sold his 856 with loader when he got rid of his cows. His small tractor is a 1586 that he uses only to spray crops. Nephew does tillage with a Versatile 4X4 backed up by a CIH 7227 and a 2594. His chore tractor is an 826. 

Rick 

56 minutes ago, stronger800 said:

I see all that turbine plumbing now.  So that  20 hp is now......?  Other than the rear rims, I think I like it 

You would be lucky to get 10hp out of one of those kits

https://www.facebook.com/330435930430021/posts/keystone-turbo-abc-and-super-kit-this-kit-fits-a-farmall-a-farmall-a-super-farma/1409081309232139/