I just LOVE spending someone else’s money!

So a buddy of mine (forum member hot plug) has been looking for a disc-mower conditioner to cut hay, a while ago he sold his new Holland 488 haybine so he was starting to get stressed because hay season is coming up fast!

He was looking for a 9 foot cut, I was texting him lots of links of disc mowers for sale. but they were all either too far away and or too expensive for him! (cheap ba$t@rd) ?. So couple of weeks ago we went to look at one about an hour away but it was in pretty rough shape and the guy was asking too much money HP made him an offer but he refused! (Or at least his wife refused the offer) ?
 I told him about one that was about 40 minutes away from me, he said it was way too big and way too expensive!? I told him I was going to go look at it anyways, (without him because he’s just so busy) he said go ahead and waste your time! I knew the guy who had it for sale so I gave him a call and made an appointment with him to go look at it. It was an Agco (Hesston) 3312, when I got there and looked over the machine it was in really nice condition hardly a scratch on it, he bought it in 2004 or 5 he couldn’t remember but it only cut about 300 acres a year. 
 I told him I have a buddy that was interested in it, but if he didn’t take it I am very interested in it too! I made him an offer for 3000 less than he was asking, and he excepted that.

So I texted pictures of it to HP and told him what he would have to pay for it… He said that was double my budget! ?I told him to buy it and if he didn’t fall in love with it or thought it was too big I would buy it from him when he gets done with it,I told him that way he would at least have something to cut his hay with this summer!

So today HP and I went to look at it and he decided to buy it! I told him congratulations and welcome to the 21st-century of hay cutting!

I told him I could load it on my float and truck it to his place, but he said he will drag it home behind his pick up next weekend.??‍♂️
 So this is the third machine I have found him in a year, last year about this time I found him a small square baler and last fall I found him a 5088 mfwd, I trucked both of them to his place for him so he knows how “inexpensive“ the trucking is…??

Here is some pictures. 

F17509E0-7168-4DD7-99CB-C155C895C8EA.jpeg

16084625-ED45-4CFF-AB9D-37E4AE46C6EC.jpeg

7B7129B8-3ED8-4C67-A21C-C73D8299428A.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

That is a nice clean one. Bet HP will like it after he ran's it a couple times.

• Like 1

Does that hitch swivel, I just bought a kubota that has one and I really like it I can turn a lot shorter with the 86s than I can with my new Holland . 

U r lucky Dale.

I bought him some come-a-part stuff year and a half ago [he reimbursed me], that means paid me back HP, and been storing it since. 

I figured he'd been doing hay with a 7 ft sickle bar and steel wheeled rake then an AC rotobaler.

I hate him....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

17 minutes ago, Wes806 said:

That is a nice clean one. Bet HP will like it after he ran's it a couple times.

I kind a hope that he doesn’t want to keep it… So that way I can buy it from him, because I really wanted it!

But the nice guy that I am  I gave him first chance!

14 minutes ago, ky966boy said:

Does that hitch swivel, I just bought a kubota that has one and I really like it I can turn a lot shorter with the 86s than I can with my new Holland . 

Yes it does swivel, they are great because the PTO drive line is always straight so you never get any chatter no matter how short you turn! They are also available with three point hitch mount, I prefer the three point hitch mount because you can turn even shorter with them! I have a case IH 8312 with a three point hitch, I really love it!

8 minutes ago, MTO said:

U r lucky Dale.

I bought him some come-a-part stuff year and a half ago [he reimbursed me], that means paid me back HP, and been storing it since. 

I figured he'd been doing hay with a 7 ft sickle bar and steel wheeled rake then an AC rotobaler.

I hate him....

Well he’s been upgrading his hay equipment, He even bought a Kuhn rotary rake! ????

Yes we know you hate him! As soon as the borders open you can come on up and tell him just how much you hate him! Don’t forget his parts! 

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, Lars (midessa) said:

What’s the recommendations for hp on those machines? And do they require a more powerful hydraulic system?

No.  Just need 2 remotes.  Swing one and lift one.  A 12' is great.  The 15' is good.  But they didnt really upgrade enough to account for the 4 more disc.  My 3315 was retired this season.  Last minute we got a wr9770 MF mower.  Custom guy trade in, only ran by him himself.  Good operation too.  It was same price as new 15' MF.  That 3312 will last him for decades...look clean

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Qc.Can.IH man said:

So a buddy of mine (forum member hot plug) has been looking for a disc-mower conditioner to cut hay, a while ago he sold his new Holland 488 haybine so he was starting to get stressed because hay season is coming up fast!

He was looking for a 9 foot cut, I was texting him lots of links of disc mowers for sale. but they were all either too far away and or too expensive for him! (cheap ba$t@rd) ?. So couple of weeks ago we went to look at one about an hour away but it was in pretty rough shape and the guy was asking too much money HP made him an offer but he refused! (Or at least his wife refused the offer) ?
 I told him about one that was about 40 minutes away from me, he said it was way too big and way too expensive!? I told him I was going to go look at it anyways, (without him because he’s just so busy) he said go ahead and waste your time! I knew the guy who had it for sale so I gave him a call and made an appointment with him to go look at it. It was an Agco (Hesston) 3312, when I got there and looked over the machine it was in really nice condition hardly a scratch on it, he bought it in 2004 or 5 he couldn’t remember but it only cut about 300 acres a year. 
 I told him I have a buddy that was interested in it, but if he didn’t take it I am very interested in it too! I made him an offer for 3000 less than he was asking, and he excepted that.

So I texted pictures of it to HP and told him what he would have to pay for it… He said that was double my budget! ?I told him to buy it and if he didn’t fall in love with it or thought it was too big I would buy it from him when he gets done with it,I told him that way he would at least have something to cut his hay with this summer!

So today HP and I went to look at it and he decided to buy it! I told him congratulations and welcome to the 21st-century of hay cutting!

I told him I could load it on my float and truck it to his place, but he said he will drag it home behind his pick up next weekend.??‍♂️
 So this is the third machine I have found him in a year, last year about this time I found him a small square baler and last fall I found him a 5088 mfwd, I trucked both of them to his place for him so he knows how “inexpensive“ the trucking is…??

Here is some pictures. 

F17509E0-7168-4DD7-99CB-C155C895C8EA.jpeg

16084625-ED45-4CFF-AB9D-37E4AE46C6EC.jpeg

7B7129B8-3ED8-4C67-A21C-C73D8299428A.jpeg

Well what can I say here fella's ... my new bestest best friend  Dale has indeed shown me new way to dissolve Fund$$$$$ in ways I never new was possible .... " He "( Dale ) if hes not working at his farm , his cousins farm, repairing his equipment or someone else's, changing Doors replacing hot water tanks , helping any one of his many friends , or just being a good samaritan in his neibourhood, it's to my understanding he gets board then the texting starts .... followed by some good equipment hes found on the internet ... and you just cant help but get drawn in .....thanks Dale for all the good advice and helping me spend some money .

Some days I just dont know how I can manage with out All my good buddies that are looking out for me above and below the black line. 

HP

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

HP will be mowing hay in style this year! 
Dale those 8312’s are great mowers, we had 2 that had been over hundreds of thousands of acres, great machines. Traded one on a Massey 15’ and that was the biggest POS ever built. Ran it 3 years and had to get rid of it. I know some guys love them so maybe this one was built at 4pm on Friday. 
2 8312’s just sold on consignment sale down here last weekend. They were in nice shape. Not sure what they brought but I am sure they went dirt cheap

• Like 3

Dale: I think HP is looking for a new Ram (I Think ) 3500 dually diesel. If you can pick one up for him.....? Just so he can drag all the other stuff home you get him....?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TomH said:

Dale: I think HP is looking for a new Ram (I Think ) 3500 dually diesel. If you can pick one up for him.....? Just so he can drag all the other stuff home you get him....?

Cough !

Cough !!

Whoa  !!!!

Just wait a minute here Tommy ...

Dale dont pay any attention to that remark ......Phew !!!

HP

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, TomH said:

Yep, when you run Dodges, gotta keep a fleet of them

• Haha 5

Hot Plug that's a really nice mower . We had 2 15' ones like that except ours were very well used. I liked the Kuhn 4200 rake I had . Worked awesome to help dry hay as it would fluf it up and put the bottom up top. Much better than the old NH 256 rope rake we previously had

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, bitty said:

Hot Plug that's a really nice mower . We had 2 15' ones like that except ours were very well used. I liked the Kuhn 4200 rake I had . Worked awesome to help dry hay as it would fluf it up and put the bottom up top. Much better than the old NH 256 rope rake we previously had

I hear ya Bitty,  I've gone from the stone age to " hyperspace " in a blink of an eye , had a well used 488 Haybine with a 56 rope maker to a 3315 with a Kuhn rotory rake ....

I've died an gone to heaven !!!!

Now all I need is some sponsorship!

Dale dose the opposite.... lolol 

HP

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Hot Plug said:

I hear ya Bitty,  I've gone from the stone age to " hyperspace " in a blink of an eye , had a well used 488 Haybine with a 56 rope maker to a 3315 with a Kuhn rotory rake ....

HP

Maybe a Go Fund Me page?

Sniff.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, Lars (midessa) said:

What’s the recommendations for hp on those machines? And do they require a more powerful hydraulic system?

I think the recommended minimum is 70 PTO horsepower. The smallest tractor we ever used on our 8312 was an MX 100 with 85 PTO horsepower, it was fine if you only went eight or so miles per hour.if you want to go 13 miles an hour in very heavy hay crop you’ll need 150 hp to run it.  

I have used my 86 series tractors on it too, but the tractor the cut the most he has been our 7120 magnum.

The biggest issue is to have a heavy or weighted down enough tractor in front of it, to keep the tail from wagging the dog if you know what I mean.

20 hours ago, new guy said:

You DID charge him a finders fee at least didn't you??

I tried!

I try to do like the Ritchie Brothers auction… To get a commission from the seller and a finders fee from the buyer! but it didn’t work!?

5 hours ago, TomH said:

I’ll find him a 5500!?

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Hot Plug said:

HP

I’m just trying to help you out!

So you  can get something done in a day!

The sooner you get done your hay the sooner you’ll be out to help me do mine! 

Oh...by the way bring the discmower! LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Hot Plug said:

Well what can I say here fella's ... my new bestest best friend  Dale has indeed shown me new way to dissolve Fund$$$$$ in ways I never new was possible .... " He "( Dale ) if hes not working at his farm , his cousins farm, repairing his equipment or someone else's, changing Doors replacing hot water tanks , helping any one of his many friends , or just being a good samaritan in his neibourhood, it's to my understanding he gets board then the texting starts .... followed by some good equipment hes found on the internet ... and you just cant help but get drawn in .....thanks Dale for all the good advice and helping me spend some money .

Some days I just dont know how I can manage with out All my good buddies that are looking out for me above and below the black line. 

HP

Good help can be hard to find....sometimes good help is hard to get rid of too....??

• Haha 2

On 5/30/2021 at 6:49 PM, Qc.Can.IH man said:

I think the recommended minimum is 70 PTO horsepower. The smallest tractor we ever used on our 8312 was an MX 100 with 85 PTO horsepower, it was fine if you only went eight or so miles per hour.if you want to go 13 miles an hour in very heavy hay crop you’ll need 150 hp to run it.  

I have used my 86 series tractors on it too, but the tractor the cut the most he has been our 7120 magnum.

The biggest issue is to have a heavy or weighted down enough tractor in front of it, to keep the tail from wagging the dog if you know what I mean.

Good Heavens, 13 mph cutting hay?

where I grew up, nobody had the time to insure the fields were smooth enough for those speeds. Every year was close to a bumper crop of stones/rocks.

1 hour ago, Lars (midessa) said:

Good Heavens, 13 mph cutting hay?

where I grew up, nobody had the time to insure the fields were smooth enough for those speeds. Every year was close to a bumper crop of stones/rocks.

Not all fields are that smooth… Some of the land I rent it’s hard to get over 8 miles an hour because it’s just too rough!

We are lucky around here that we don’t have many stones, and when I prep a field to be seeded down with hay I make sure that it is very smooth!

Here’s a couple of pictures

6187A1C9-5F45-426D-B3B2-7ECF04CEEB05.jpeg

3CAFE75B-2AAE-4D30-BC8B-D886A5108B41.jpeg

8E90157B-6EB8-402B-8447-3B57EB08274F.jpeg

• Like 5