Ahhh, camping in the rain.. now time for another fun filled round of “what’s leaking now?”

Before leaving the house I discovered the pump pre filter screen cover had a hole in it, so i epoxied it and am

Waiting for it to cure, meanwhile once i had hauled it an hour and 20 minutes in the pouring rain i have a puddle on the bathroom floor and wet all around the flange of the skylight in the bathroom ????not sure if it was related to the trip or if it was just exacerbated by it. Cant do much about it tonight, I’ll have to investigate in the morning. Ugh... i love camping, i love camping i LOOOOOVE camping. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• vtfireman85 changed the title to Ahhh, camping in the rain.. now time for another fun filled round of “what’s leaking now?”

Not laughing at you Seth, laughing with you?

Keep a positive attitude, it will quit raining someday ?

4 hours ago, searcyfarms said:

dont they have flex seal in VT you can put that stuff on underwater so it will fix your issue in short order 

No joke! I may be going for some in the morning. 

1 hour ago, sandhiller said:

Not laughing at you Seth, laughing with you?

Keep a positive attitude, it will quit raining someday ?

Been unseasonably warm, bone dry and sunny for weeks on end.....

A6487033-DF79-46CF-A064-34F87023537D.png

C986B43A-BB85-4819-988D-32FAA1132486.png

Time to wake up to try to find another leak .... ;)

It's been really dry for a few weeks up until yesterday here 

4 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

Been unseasonably warm, bone dry and sunny for weeks on end.....

A6487033-DF79-46CF-A064-34F87023537D.png

C986B43A-BB85-4819-988D-32FAA1132486.png

Same boat here or should I say need a boat here. 

Had all the projects lined up for the long week end and every one required good weather 

10 minutes ago, jeeper61 said:

Same boat here or should I say need a boat here. 

Had all the projects lined up for the long week end and every one required good weather 

I have a bathroom torn apart that I would LOVE to be finishing right now.. and I could.. if i were home 

You can borrow this camper while you fix yours if you need to. You might want to have some extra tires on hand. Also you don't need to be in a hurry to bring it back.

20210411_175431.jpg

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

I have a bathroom torn apart that I would LOVE to be finishing right now.. and I could.. if i were home 

You will be doing it on nice hot sunny day when you should be camping sitting next to the lake with a beer in hand 

1 minute ago, jeeper61 said:

You will be doing it on nice hot sunny day when you should be camping sitting next to the lake with a beer in hand 

I tried SOOO hard to offer next weekend I would go camping and we could stay home and finish the bathroom, have the yard all cleaned up from bathroom and garden projects and wouldn’t need to hire someone to watch the critters because my in law’s would be back.. even offered to bring the trailer up Thursday night so she could head right up in the car... nothing doing. 

3 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

I tried SOOO hard to offer next weekend I would go camping and we could stay home and finish the bathroom, have the yard all cleaned up from bathroom and garden projects and wouldn’t need to hire someone to watch the critters because my in law’s would be back.. even offered to bring the trailer up Thursday night so she could head right up in the car... nothing doing. 

I think every married man feels your pain had you disagreed the pain would have been worse 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, TractormanMike.mb said:

You can borrow this camper while you fix yours if you need to. You might want to have some extra tires on hand. Also you don't need to be in a hurry to bring it back.

20210411_175431.jpg

Mike we had a step van like that,,named her Ireane [leaned to one side].:lol:

Mike

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Mike H said:

Mike we had a step van like that,,named her Ireane [leaned to one side].:lol:

Mike

Was she Asian? 

• Haha 2

Don't have a camper any more but seemed like every memorial weekend we tried to camp was wet and cold! And yes something usually leaked.

12 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

Before leaving the house I discovered the pump pre filter screen cover had a hole in it, so i epoxied it and am

Waiting for it to cure, meanwhile once i had hauled it an hour and 20 minutes in the pouring rain i have a puddle on the bathroom floor and wet all around the flange of the skylight in the bathroom ????not sure if it was related to the trip or if it was just exacerbated by it. Cant do much about it tonight, I’ll have to investigate in the morning. Ugh... i love camping, i love camping i LOOOOOVE camping. 

Appears your pre-trip preparation sucks...

• Haha 2

Laugh it up, I have some darn good epoxy.. it worked. 

• Like 1