Jump to content

AR7?


Recommended Posts

Got an email from Henry , just their usual advertising, but it was advertising the AR7 survival rifle. For some reason it spoke to me, got a call in to try to order one. We shall see. 
anyone have one? What are your thoughts? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, vtfireman85 said:

Got an email from Henry , just their usual advertising, but it was advertising the AR7 survival rifle. For some reason it spoke to me, got a call in to try to order one. We shall see. 
anyone have one? What are your thoughts? 

I have two. They fit a niche. For me it's more of a toy. But I enjoy them. I'll take a picture of my takedown rifles when I get home. 

Mine has been reliable. Older models before Henry were not so they got a bad reputation. It is a steel lined polymer barrel. The buttstock is very chunky for storage. And the barrel is off centered so its not great for lefties. They take up a lot of room in a pack. And their dovetail mount leaves a bit to be desired as far as optics. However I've killed many a rabbits with mine.

IHRunner_Screenshot_2016-07-19-23-53-47_zps1sx3iavn.png

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ve got one. But can’t tell ya the god or bad stuff about it as I’ve never fired it. Just liked the idea. 

8FF02C08-0665-4947-A8CB-CB4A09BF9A7F.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't need one, might take it on my canoe trips but just for fun. I ordered one for a guy, the whole kit with pack, but didn’t buy one for myself, i kind of wish i had

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

I don't need one, might take it on my canoe trips but just for fun. I ordered one for a guy, the whole kit with pack, but didn’t buy one for myself, i kind of wish i had

I have the marlin papoose. The savage 64 takedown. The keltec sub2k. Henry AR7. I'm sure a few others. It's all about the right tool for the right situation i spose. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kinda cool for packing and carrying on a trip, under truck seat.  As accurate as I am.  One clip seems to jam a bit compared to the other.  Super light, weather proof.  

 

I'd trade for a lever henry, bolt action of some sort

or pistol

How bad ya want one?

it's camo so extra better

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I remember playing with one back in the 'early '70's.  I thought they were cool because they were Air Force survival rifles!, but I was just a kid.  I do remember the chunky stock part!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, IHRunner said:

I have the marlin papoose. The savage 64 takedown. The keltec sub2k. Henry AR7. I'm sure a few others. It's all about the right tool for the right situation i spose. 

well eat your heart out runner i have a pink bb gun!!!

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, IHRunner said:

I have the marlin papoose. The savage 64 takedown. The keltec sub2k. Henry AR7. I'm sure a few others. It's all about the right tool for the right situation i spose. 

......What about the  Savage   99     take down ?????....:)

3 hours ago, searcyfarms said:

well eat your heart out runner i have a pink bb gun!!!

""You lucky son       of a pink BB  gun "    Wow......You Americans can get anything ...sigh

Mike

Hard to imagine something that bizarre.....and you once lived in Montana.......:wub:.how the mighty   have fallen.....:rolleyes:.....:D

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lemme guess .....an AR7 is half of an AR14 ..... ;)

I will add I don't really have interest in these type of guns but don't let me stop any of you from wanting or getting them

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, bitty said:

Lemme guess .....an AR7 is half of an AR14 ..... ;)

I will add I don't really have interest in these type of guns but don't let me stop any of you from wanting or getting them

AR 7 was designed for air force pilots as a take down stow-able .22 survival rifle by Armalite, hence AR,  itnis semi-automatic but otherwise really has no resemblance to what you’re thinking of. 
I likewise don’t have any interest whatsoever in an AR 15/10 or variants , but i think everyone who does should have several... and talk about them often. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, mike newman said:

......What about the  Savage   99     take down ?????....:)

""You lucky son       of a pink BB  gun "    Wow......You Americans can get anything ...sigh

Mike

Hard to imagine something that bizarre.....and you once lived in Montana.......:wub:.how the mighty   have fallen.....:rolleyes:.....:D

oh but girls have to have a  pink one to learn on and i hold it ransome so my daughter comes to see me - its  my squirrel discouragement device as well as for the racoons that try out my coon cuffs and havaharts - people dont reailze how powerful they really are 

https://www.murdochs.com/products/sporting-goods/hunting-shooting-equipment/pellet-guns-slingshots/crosman-177-pumpmaster-760-pink-airgun/

its va weee va weeee qyyyyy it so the neighbors dont hear me

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, searcyfarms said:

oh but girls have to have a  pink one to learn on and i hold it ransome so my daughter comes to see me - its  my squirrel discouragement device as well as for the racoons that try out my coon cuffs and havaharts - people dont reailze how powerful they really are 

https://www.murdochs.com/products/sporting-goods/hunting-shooting-equipment/pellet-guns-slingshots/crosman-177-pumpmaster-760-pink-airgun/

its va weee va weeee qyyyyy it so the neighbors dont hear me

 

yep...point taken   !!!:)...fair enough, to.....and its great to see the young ladies getting  to use    something like that.......getting out side....and most important of all.....getting quality    time with Dad...''way to go ''  searcyfarms....!!

Mike

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, mike newman said:

......What about the  Savage   99     take down ?????....:)

Got any pictures of that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, mike newman said:

yep...point taken   !!!:)...fair enough, to.....and its great to see the young ladies getting  to use    something like that.......getting out side....and most important of all.....getting quality    time with Dad...''way to go ''  searcyfarms....!!

Mike

oh of course and she shot her first turkey a few wks back, was so excited and cried LOL

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Steve C. said:

Got any pictures of that?

...here you go....

22 Savage Hi-Power  take down

22Savage Hi-Power...another take down

250-3000  Savage

300 Savage   Take Down

....and the deceased hog picture, has featured on here ..before......and that is the top rifle  the "gun room "   picture

Mike

gun room 5.png

post-157-1220985630.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, mike newman said:

...here you go....

22 Savage Hi-Power  take down

22Savage Hi-Power...another take down

250-3000  Savage

300 Savage   Take Down

....and the deceased hog picture, has featured on here ..before......and that is the top rifle  the "gun room "   picture

Mike

gun room 5.png

post-157-1220985630.jpg

You know how much I love 99's. Man I love when you post 99 pictures.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, IHRunner said:

You know how much I love 99's. Man I love when you post 99 pictures.

...you and me, both      Runner  :)

...they are lovely old firearms....and because they have very modest mag  capacity...hence they easily missed the cut after NZ 's new  firearms laws came down really hard on all the blokes that would never constitute  a threat to society........

Being under the 10 round mag capacity catagory.....the Savage firearms are not dangerous...you see.......:rolleyes:

Mike

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, mike newman said:

...you and me, both      Runner  :)

...they are lovely old firearms....and because they have very modest mag  capacity...hence they easily missed the cut after NZ 's new  firearms laws came down really hard on all the blokes that would never constitute  a threat to society........

Being under the 10 round mag capacity catagory.....the Savage firearms are not dangerous...you see.......:rolleyes:

Mike

What do they hold - 4 and 1?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

yeah,,,that will stop them......loaded down through the open breach...there is a little "window"  on the side of the reciever....and a 'counter''   behind it...thus you can check on what  #   of rounds are retained  etc......................if ever the need arose !!

I used to carry that pictured firearm, in a day pack when opossuming......so maybe on the last day skinning out a poison line....IF there were only 40 to 50 skins on "my back"...I could tip over a yearling  red  deer   ...bone it out and cart that home for some clean...and delicious   protein....Ideal firearm for. that purpose .....back then.....

Rotary magazine

Mike

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I always thought they'd be real nice to carry.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Steve C. said:

What do they hold - 4 and 1?

30 cal are 5*1 rotary mag with a counter on the side. Never had a smaller  cal but several in various 30’s 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That'd be really cool in .22 WMR.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...